Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mtb nut

Met Pat today. Such a gent to deal with and generally nice guy. Thanks for the bottle today. Happy out with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Updated 23/9/19 :

A few notes:

Tom Ford Oud Wood Intense available in new size of 20ml (plastic bottles available via An Post) @ €53.

Memo Russian Leather: 25ml left; I'll send this in the original 75ml bottle and full presentation (large leather box) if wanted @ €60.50 - rare to get such nice packaging with such a low volume!

10ml plastic bottles: I'm almost out for the moment (think I have one left) as my supplier retired! Waiting for more from China - may be a few weeks!

Tom Ford Metallique for women - I have a split open on this but need any further signups ASAP as I'd be collecting it abroad this week. Currently 50ml allocated, rest available @ €18.50 for 10ml, €35.50 for 20ml, or €52.50 for 30ml.

Bottle sizes
    Glass bottles: 10ml, 25 / 30 ml (same bottle), 50ml.
    Plastic bottles: 10ml, 20ml.

Note 20ml splits are available in plastic bottles only

Shipping
    Courier: €12.50 for up to 5 or 6 bottles depending on size. This option must be used for glass bottles.
    An Post: €4.50 - only available for plastic bottles (10 / 20ml). Max seven 10ml or three 20ml bottles. Not tracked or insured!

Further details are in the OP of this thread. Full payment details will be provided by PM / email - I take Revolut, bank transfer, or PayPal.

I also have the following available in hand as of 23/9/2019:

Creed - Aventus: more due end of week @ €85 per 50ml.

Fragrance names below are linked to Fragrantica reviews.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

**NEW STUFF**

MAISON FRANCIS KURKDJIAN

Oud (eau de parfum) *in hand*
    375x500.14610.jpg

One sniff of a sample and I knew I was splitting this. This is not an in your face, hard oud – rather it’s soft and smooth. Cedar and saffron take centre stage, against a background of creamy oud. Very unisex and easy to wear. RRP €195 / 75ml.
    €22.50 for 10ml, €40.50 for 20ml, €50.50 for 25ml, or €92 for 50ml. 45ml left.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TOM FORD

Oud Wood Intense *in hand*
    375x500.46767.jpg

Tom Ford’s smooth Oud Wood has long been a splits favourite. This recent Intense flanker (at an even higher price bracket) certainly lives up to its name and is a much deeper, richer scent - Oud Wood given a bad boy makeover. The oud is still there but given some serious animal oomph – this fragrance most certainly its own beast and not in any way redundant if you already have the original. This is much more a night time fragrance, and is perhaps a bit too agressive for the office. RRP €245 / 50ml.
    *new size* €53 for 20ml, €66.50 for 25ml, or €120 for 50ml in cube decant bottles. 125ml 65ml available.

Good availability on the following: 50ml+ left *in hand*

Aramis - Perfume Calligraphy: Saffron
    A cult hit, with a very high review score, this is now discontinued. A unisex blend of dusky saffron, beeswax and rose. Smoky, but smooth and soft. Quite an Arabic / Oriental vibe.
    €12.50 for 10ml, €23.50 for 20ml, €33.50 for 30ml or €46 for 50ml. 50ml portion comes in original 100ml bottle with wooden stopper and box.

Medium availability on the following: 30 - 40ml left *in hand*

Memo - Russian Leather
    A ‘had a sniff, had to split it’ here. Memo Paris are an upmarket French brand, but with a strong Irish connection (the co-founder is from Tipperary). The house is perhaps best known for its Leather series of scents – Irish Leather and African Leather are the most well known, but I prefer Russian Leather. There’s leather obviously, but also a very strong undercurrent of green woods – pine and cypress feature, along with others (for those that know it, there’s a touch of a more restrained Amouage Beach Hut here), making it quite a fresh take on leather. Unisex. Bottle and large leather box are quite dramatic. So is the RRP at €205 / 75ml.
    €26 for 10ml, €49.50 for 20ml, or €60.50 for 25ml . 25ml portion comes in original 75ml bottle and leather box. Note there is a scratch on the box.

................................................................................................................

Montale - Spicy Aoud
    A typical Montale medicinal oud in the background, with saffron and orange leading the charge. Dark and smooth. Unisex, but leaning feminine to my nose. RRP €65 / 50ml.
    €12.50 for 10ml, €24 for 20ml, or €34 for 30ml. 40ml available.
    ................................................................................................................

Etat Libre d'Orange - Vierges et Toreros
    Creamy cognac, leather, nutmeg and spices. For me, this is pretty close to Maison Marliega’s Jazz Club – if you missed that, you could do worse than pick this up. RRP €135 / 100ml.
    €14 for 10ml, €26.50 for 20ml, or €37.50 for 30ml. 40ml available. 30+ml portion comes in original 100ml bottle / box.

Last chance on the following - 20ml or less left *mostly in hand*

Atkinson's - 41 Burlington Arcad
    A limited edition from the historic Emblematic Collection, 41 Burlington Arcade was released to mark the opening of their flagship store in Mayfair (at you guessed it.....41 Burlington Arcade). “Centred around Liquorice and the revelation of its sensual charms, darkly bittersweet and earthy tones have been sublimated with vivid notes of pink pepper from Reunion Island, West Indian Bay leaf from Dominica and Indonesian Patchouli. Floral transparent notes have been dialed up to deliver freshness and vivacity.” Sounds nice? It is nice! RRP €179 / 100ml.
    €13.50 for 10ml, €24.50 for 20ml, or €35 for 30ml. 20ml available.

Parfums MDCI
    Rare availability from this highly regarded boutique French house. I have one 10ml available of each of the following: Chypre Palatin (male), Cuir Cavalier (male) and Fetes Persanes (unisex). All very well reviewed.
    €25 for 10ml.

Atkinson's - The Odd Fellow's Bouquet
    English house Atkinson’s is perhaps best described as a slightly more playful Penhaglion’s. Apparently inspired by Lawrence of Arabia, this fragrance is designed to evoke the fireside luxuries of a London gentlemen’s club in days gone by. So expect leather, tobacco, amber, and booze....plenty of booze. You’ll see plenty of comparisons to Tom Ford’s Tobacco Vanille but they’re pretty wide of the mark IMHO except in the most general sense. One reviewer mentions a hookah pipe – that’s a better example to me. RRP €130 / 100ml.
    €12.50 for 10ml. One only.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

Hey, can I order the Creed Aventus 50ml please. Just let me know what I need to do

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Hi Pat, can you put me down for 20ml maison francois kurkdjian oud please.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭padre78

Package received. Thanks again Pat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

hitemfrank wrote: »
    I wonder if it'll be at either airport I'll be in on Monday.

If so I'll have to get the missus to have a sniff to see what she thinks of it.

Advertising up for it in Manchester airport but no sample scents unfortunately.

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Advertising up for it in Manchester airport but no sample scents unfortunately.

Boo!

Am hoping the duty free has the new high end Carolina Herrera Confidential stuff - some of them sound great (Mystery Tobacco, Burning Rose) but are extremely hard to find but they may be there. I'll have a Revolut card burning a hole in my pocket if so!

Last call for the Tom Ford Metallique BTW - may already be too late to order it but may be in stock anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Boo!

Boo is right.

Anyway, finally home from holiday and able to get to the Creed package you sent. Ridiculously well packaged as always. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Put me down for a split of that Carolina Herrara Burning Rose if you do pick up some.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I'd also be interested in a split of the Burning Rose if you do pick some up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Pat

I would be interested in some burning rose as well if it went ahead.
    Maybe 2 or 3 @ 20ml/25ml

Edit: Nothing on scent samples but they have samples here

https://www.perfumista.co.uk/samples/burning-rose/

1ml - £5.50
    5ml - £21.00

Pat

I would be interested in some burning rose as well if it went ahead.
    Maybe 2 or 3 @ 20ml/25ml

Edit: Nothing on scent samples but they have samples here

https://www.perfumista.co.uk/samples/burning-rose/

1ml - £5.50
    5ml - £21.00

I'd be cheaper! Probably looking at (very rough mental maths) about €28 for 10ml and roughly pro rata for bigger.

May well not be there though - will find out Friday!

I'm out of the country until tomorrow night folks; please excuse any delayed responses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Hi Pat, could you put me down for 50ml of Creed Aventus please?

Hi Pat, could you put me down for 50ml of Creed Aventus please?

Will do. I'll be back in touch when I'm back. Note I'm waiting on a new flacon to be delivered but am concerned at the tracking - taking ages and a note that the package had to be reinforced by the courier. Hopefully it gets to me in one piece! If not, I may be delayed getting more in while I sort it out with the supplier.

No joy on the Burning Rose in the duty free unfortunately! Should have given a few more days notice and I could have ordered it in..... Back here in November though so should be good for then! Tried two top price Tom Fords: Lavender Extreme is a bit minty TBH - Beau de Jour is superior, and Lost Cherry smells rather too much of cherries (well duh!).

Picked up some Chanel Antaeus though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 heardaboutyou

Hi Pat, could you put me down for 50ml of Creed Aventus please when available, thank you.

Hi Pat, could you put me down for 50ml of Creed Aventus please when available, thank you.

Sure. As above, I'm waiting on the latest flacon to come in and see if it's in one piece or not (!) before sending a payment request - it's due Monday so should know then.

Aventus arrived today is a rather battered box, but in one piece! Splitting this in a few days, for shipping from next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bars

No joy on the Burning Rose in the duty free unfortunately! Should have given a few more days notice and I could have ordered it in..... Back here in November though so should be good for then! Tried two top price Tom Fords: Lavender Extreme is a bit minty TBH - Beau de Jour is superior, and Lost Cherry smells rather too much of cherries (well duh!).

TF Lost Cherry from the first sniff remind me about 40 knots from Xerjoff

• Advertisement

Couple of quick splits by request!

CREED

Love in White
    515PZtT-mlL.jpg

Medium weight women's perfume from Creed. Might be one to pick up for Christmas?
    "Love in White reveals itself in an array of glorious aromas to form a feminine, sophisticated and slightly powdery perfume with a seductive heart of French daffodils, white iris and tonka bean."

This split is *likely* to happen - already have a couple of requests; one more gets it ordered! RRP €240 / 75ml.

€88 for 50ml in a cube decant bottle. 3 bottles available.

BYREDO

Gypsy Water EdP *ordered*
    375x500.3575.jpg

Eau de Parfum version of this release from hip Swedish house Byredo. "Woody notes of pine needle and sandalwood associated to intense amber and fresh citrus evoke the fever of gypsy nights spent in the forest". Unisex. RRP €120 / 50ml.

This split is happening - the bottle has been ordered. 40ml available.

€22 for 10ml, €42.50 for 20ml, or €62 for 30ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Just some feedback for anybody else thinking of dabbling in some nice fragrances:

Dealt with Pat twice over the past few weeks and will so again I've no doubt - gent who has gone out of his way to get two splits to me. Thanks again kind sir!

D'Agger wrote: »
    Just some feedback for anybody else thinking of dabbling in some nice fragrances:

Dealt with Pat twice over the past few weeks and will so again I've no doubt - gent who has gone out of his way to get two splits to me. Thanks again kind sir!

Cheers D'Agger!

.....................................................................................

20ml left of the Byredo and (TBC) 2 x 50ml of the Love in White BTW folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Pat I'd like to take 20ml of the Gypsy Water EdP in a plastic bottle if available, thanks!

jim o doom wrote: »
    Pat I'd like to take 20ml of the Gypsy Water EdP in a plastic bottle if available, thanks!

Done! All gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭granturismo

Hi, is the 50ml Creed Aventus still available?

Hi, is the 50ml Creed Aventus still available?

Yes!

Updated 3/10/19 :

A few notes:

Tom Ford Oud Wood Intense available in new size of 20ml (plastic bottles available via An Post) @ €53.

10ml plastic bottles: I'm almost out for the moment (think I have one left) as my supplier retired! Waiting for more from China - may be a few weeks!

Bottle sizes
    Glass bottles: 10ml, 25 / 30 ml (same bottle), 50ml.
    Plastic bottles: 10ml, 20ml.

Note 20ml splits are available in plastic bottles only

Shipping
    Courier: €12.50 for up to 5 or 6 bottles depending on size. This option must be used for glass bottles.
    An Post: €4.50 - only available for plastic bottles (10 / 20ml). Max seven 10ml or three 20ml bottles. Not tracked or insured!

Further details are in the OP of this thread. Full payment details will be provided by PM / email - I take Revolut, bank transfer, or PayPal.

I also have the following available in hand as of 3/10/2019:

Creed - Aventus: plenty @ €85 per 50ml.
    Le Labo - Santal 33: superb woody scent, very popular. Didn't even know I had one of these left so jump on it! One 10ml in glass @ €25. Highly recommended.
    Issey Miyake - Or Encens: an unexpected stunner from this house! Dark, brooding rose and incense - don't let the rose fool you, this works great on a man. I think this could be sought after in years to come (now discontinued). One 20ml (plastic) available @ €24.50, and two 10ml (glass) @ €14 each. Highly recommended.
    Mancera - Black to Black: one of Mancera's highest rated classic rose / oud combos. Beastly projection, beastly sillage, beastly longevity! Three 20ml (plastic) available @ €25.50 each.

Coming soon:
    Creed - Love in White: white floral feminine scent from Creed. Two 50ml available @ €88 each - on the way to me now.

**NEW STUFF**

MAISON FRANCIS KURKDJIAN

Oud (eau de parfum) *in hand*
    375x500.14610.jpg

One sniff of a sample and I knew I was splitting this. This is not an in your face, hard oud – rather it’s soft and smooth. Cedar and saffron take centre stage, against a background of creamy oud. Very unisex and easy to wear. RRP €195 / 75ml.
    €22.50 for 10ml, €40.50 for 20ml, €50.50 for 25ml, or €92 for 50ml. 45ml left.

TOM FORD

Oud Wood Intense *in hand*
    375x500.46767.jpg

Tom Ford’s smooth Oud Wood has long been a splits favourite. This recent Intense flanker (at an even higher price bracket) certainly lives up to its name and is a much deeper, richer scent - Oud Wood given a bad boy makeover. The oud is still there but given some serious animal oomph – this fragrance most certainly its own beast and not in any way redundant if you already have the original. This is much more a night time fragrance, and is perhaps a bit too agressive for the office. RRP €245 / 50ml.
    *new size* €53 for 20ml, €66.50 for 25ml, or €120 for 50ml in cube decant bottles. 125ml 65ml available.

Medium availability on the following: 30 - 40ml left *in hand*

Montale - Spicy Aoud
    A typical Montale medicinal oud in the background, with saffron and orange leading the charge. Dark and smooth. Unisex, but leaning feminine to my nose. RRP €65 / 50ml.
    €12.50 for 10ml, €24 for 20ml, or €34 for 30ml. 40ml available.

Etat Libre d'Orange - Vierges et Toreros
    Creamy cognac, leather, nutmeg and spices. For me, this is pretty close to Maison Marliega’s Jazz Club – if you missed that, you could do worse than pick this up. RRP €135 / 100ml.
    €14 for 10ml, €26.50 for 20ml, or €37.50 for 30ml. 40ml available. 30+ml portion comes in original 100ml bottle / box.

Last chance on the following - 20ml or less left *mostly in hand*

Aramis - Perfume Calligraphy: Saffron
    A cult hit, with a very high review score, this is now discontinued. A unisex blend of dusky saffron, beeswax and rose. Smoky, but smooth and soft. Quite an Arabic / Oriental vibe.
    €12.50 for 10ml 2 x 10ml in glass left.

Parfums MDCI
    Rare availability from this highly regarded boutique French house. I have one 10ml available of each of the following: Chypre Palatin (male), Cuir Cavalier (male) and Fetes Persanes (unisex). All very well reviewed.
    €25 for 10ml.

Atkinson's - The Odd Fellow's Bouquet
    English house Atkinson’s is perhaps best described as a slightly more playful Penhaglion’s. Apparently inspired by Lawrence of Arabia, this fragrance is designed to evoke the fireside luxuries of a London gentlemen’s club in days gone by. So expect leather, tobacco, amber, and booze....plenty of booze. You’ll see plenty of comparisons to Tom Ford’s Tobacco Vanille but they’re pretty wide of the mark IMHO except in the most general sense. One reviewer mentions a hookah pipe – that’s a better example to me. RRP €130 / 100ml.
    €12.50 for 10ml. One only (plastic).

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Soarer

LIW over here chief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭carq

hi Pat

Any chance of a Love in white 20ml Split ?

Advertisement