Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queen + Adam Lambert, 25 Nov 3Arena

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

PTH2009 wrote: »
    the 2nd song they done 'Stone cold crazy' is more famous for Metallica doing a cover of it and really stuck out of the set as it was fairly heavy compared to the rest

The hard thing was trying to find time to go the toliet as every song was too good to miss

I wonder will we get an official release of one of the shows on the tour ???. A bootleg of the Dublin show might appear somewhere hopefully

Ive managed to rip the video of a periscope stream, the audio isnt terrible. Im hoping to make an mp3 out of it so if I do I'll give a heads up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

Ive managed to rip the video of a periscope stream, the audio isnt terrible. Im hoping to make an mp3 out of it so if I do I'll give a heads up here.

Oh I’d love one if you wouldn’t mind sharing please. Thanks!

Oh I’d love one if you wouldn’t mind sharing please. Thanks!

No idea when I'll get around to it but I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to this stuff and having bootlegs, so will definitely let ye know!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

My thoughts on the night
    May and Taylor were excellent, the best parts of the concert for me were when that Lambert chap was absent.
    I'd gladly listen to the two boys singing away all night .

I tried to give Lambert a go and he was ok on some songs but he murdered others.
    His voice doesn't have enough range for Queens songs and he seemed to sound the same on every song,there was no heart.

Ironically the song he sang best was his own song written by Pink ,he seems better suited to songs sung by a woman.
    I don't know what May and Taylor see in the guy ,Marc Martell is a vastly superior singer.
    Lambert doesn't do himself any favours with his constant costume changes and Michael Jacksonesque shrieking.

On a positive side the show production was superb.
    The stage layout was great and I was lucky enough to be seating in Block D near the stage ,I had a fantastic view.
    The lighting and sound was top notch.

Overall I enjoyed the night but it could have been better with a different lead singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I was in Block E, Row 19 and had a perfect view of the stage but if I was any lower down, might have had a problem with the people in Row 1 who kept standing up and blocking the people behind them.
    Bouncers told them to sit down but they would just stand up again at the next song, can't understand why they didn't go down to the standing area as there was plenty of room there early doors.

• Advertisement

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I was in Block E, Row 19 and had a perfect view of the stage but if I was any lower down, might have had a problem with the people in Row 1 who kept standing up and blocking the people behind them.
    Bouncers told them to sit down but they would just stand up again at the next song, can't understand why they didn't go down to the standing area as there was plenty of room there early doors.

Most people remained seated last night and if that is the case then you cant be standing up like that especially in row 1.
    Some people are very selfish though and seem to think that they can do what they want.

No idea when I'll get around to it but I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to this stuff and having bootlegs, so will definitely let ye know!

Thanks a mil! Really appreciate that! Been on an absolute high today after the gig last night - would love to be able to hear it all again.

Just about to watch the BBC doc now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Brian's selfie stick video is up now.

https://youtu.be/8qFJFxSpmHw

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

His voice doesn't have enough range for Queens songs and he seemed to sound the same on every song,there was no heart.

I don't know what May and Taylor see in the guy ,Marc Martell is a vastly superior singer.

Couldn't disagree more. I'm as big a Queen fan as you can find, and I was very skeptical of Lambert going into last night, but he completely won me over. Don't know how anyone could accuse him of not having the range to cover Queen songs.

I like that he adds his own flourishes to the material and doesn't try to do a Freddie impersonation. Leave the sound-alike stuff to Marc Martel and the Queen Extravaganza, which is supposed to be the official tribute act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

Couldn't disagree more. I'm as big a Queen fan as you can find, and I was very skeptical of Lambert going into last night, but he completely won me over. Don't know how anyone could accuse him of not having the range to cover Queen songs.

I like that he adds his own flourishes to the material and doesn't try to do a Freddie impersonation. Leave the sound-alike stuff to Marc Martel and the Queen Extravaganza, which is supposed to be the official tribute act.

Yea, I’m feeling exactly the same about him now, having seen it live. While there’s a clear tribute to Freddie throughout the gig, its important that he isn’t just going for mere tribute-act imitation, he’s putting his own voice into the songs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,974 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

looking at there tour dates and noticed on the 12/13/15 Dec there playing London but on the 12/13 Dec there in the o2 and then on the 15th Dec there in Wembley Arena ???

i find that unusual cause there playing 2 different venues in the one city, could they not fix it around so they could play the 3 dates in the o2 ???. Will wembely be a different show ???

same with Birmingham there playing there the 30th Nov and then ending the tour there on the 16th Dec

looking at there tour dates and noticed on the 12/13/15 Dec there playing London but on the 12/13 Dec there in the o2 and then on the 15th Dec there in Wembley Arena ???

i find that unusual cause there playing 2 different venues in the one city, could they not fix it around so they could play the 3 dates in the o2 ???. Will wembely be a different show ???

same with Birmingham there playing there the 30th Nov and then ending the tour there on the 16th Dec

The date in Wembley and the second one in Birmingham were extra dates added once the others sold out.
    They had to go to a different venue as the O2 is booked out that week .
    It will be the same show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Qotsa did Wembley and O2 also on their run there recently.

http://adamlambertmtt.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1656

Various streams of the audio on this site.

These lads seem to be mega super fans... I found one of my own tweets in the comments. Fair play to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

the 2nd song they done 'Stone cold crazy' is more famous for Metallica doing a cover of it and really stuck out of the set as it was fairly heavy compared to the rest

The hard thing was trying to find time to go the toliet as every song was too good to miss

I wonder will we get an official release of one of the shows on the tour ???. A bootleg of the Dublin show might appear somewhere hopefully

Hetfield from Metallica actually first sang it with Queen guesting on it at the Freddie tribute concert at Wembly in 1992. A brilliant version it was too:

Did anyone else think Brian May was miming Love of My Life ,it seemed a bit off to me from where I was .

Did anyone else think Brian May was miming Love of My Life ,it seemed a bit off to me from where I was .

100% no. I was right beside him and could actually hear his voice and guitar. He also messed up the words on the second chorus.

'these are the days of our lives' was played in Liverpool tonight

'these are the days of our lives' was played in Liverpool tonight

I dont know how others feel, but I'm glad Innuendo and Made In Heaven songs didn't make an appearance. Innuendo is my favourite album by miles and those songs are best left as is for me. Sacred, considering. Also, A Kind Of Magic was magic on Saturday :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcITSivlk6T/

possible full length release of this show ??

• Advertisement

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcITSivlk6T/

possible full length release of this show ??

Hopefully, I'd watch it. They did Spread Your Wings and It's Late at this show too.

I'm uploading an audio bootleg of the Dublin show at the minute, will probably have it for ye tomorrow. Quality ain't spectacular but it's the best full one I found! Splitting it up was quite enjoyable I must say. It's ripped from a live stream though, so it jumps here and there. One week on and still reeling from it.

I need a time machine!! This time last week I was making my way into the Point and I really wish I could do it all again!!

Hopefully, I'd watch it. They did Spread Your Wings and It's Late at this show too.

I'm uploading an audio bootleg of the Dublin show at the minute, will probably have it for ye tomorrow. Quality ain't spectacular but it's the best full one I found! Splitting it up was quite enjoyable I must say. It's ripped from a live stream though, so it jumps here and there. One week on and still reeling from it.

any look with the bootleg ???

any look with the bootleg ???

Slipped my mind to post- yeah, anyone that wants it just send me a PM!

Please bear in mind its not great, kinda skips at some parts but is very much complete.

Edit: SUGAR the Mega file is missing afew songs. Send me a PM and I'll send once theyre all up. Ill leave it upload over night (I live with 90s internet)

Advertisement