Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queen + Adam Lambert, 25 Nov 3Arena

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

cant wait for tonight, arriving in Dublin around 3.30 and try and get a few pre gig pints

check out this tribute band called Killer Queen

There good but could not imagine the lead singer fronting the real thing

will they do 'that song' in the encore or change it to another song ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

PTH2009 wrote: »
    will they do 'that song' in the encore or change it to another song ???

Its on Setlist.fm from their 05 show with Paul Rodgers- but its also down for Slane in 86, which Im sure isnt true.

Be nice if they did another tune from NOTW instead, mind!

thanks for the lagoon recommendation

very nice place and seems only a short walk away from the 3arena. soccer on now but will prob put on the rugby after

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb7TuFhDbv0/

standing area could be quite small

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

FYI The Spencer Hotel has the rugby match on for anyone looking for somewhere nearby.

FYI The Spencer Hotel has the rugby match on for anyone looking for somewhere nearby.

lagoon across from the NCI too

yesss Irish try

ill warn u merch is expensive €40 for a t shirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Any updates?

amazing gig, production was unreal and one of the best I've seen. nobody will ever be as good as Freddie but Lambert done a great job of them. Brian May and Roger Taylor are still legends and the other musicians are quite good. money well spent but merch was a rip off

you could hear the difference in quality when Lambert done his own song compared to the queen tracks which are far superior. hearing bohemian rhapsody in person was amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

As good as any of the other Queen gigs I've been to.
    Obviously Freddie will never be replaced but Lambert is a good replacement.
    May & Taylor will always be rock legends.
    Lighting and back drops were superb.

Was surprised how easy it was to get into the "small" standing area.
    No barriers or segregation.
    Security was poor going in, barely a glance in the handbags and no frisk despite wearing a big jacket.
    As said, merch was expensive as was the drink, €7 for a small bottle of wine & €6.50 for a pint of Heineken.

Strange that I got charged €13.50 for 1st rd and the same round 30 minutes
    later was €14? :confused:

Wonder who got the drum sticks that Taylor threw into the standing area at the end?

What a gig!! Thought Adam was fantastic on vocals and really came across as truly appreciative of the opportunity he has to sing Queen songs. Brian May & Roger Taylor were fantastic.

I never ever thought I’d hear Radio GaGa live but I did and it was every bit as emotional as I thought it would be!!

Crowd was absolutely crap for the first 5/6 songs I thought. The people in the standing area literally stood watching, either with their arms crossed or through their phone screens. Very little interaction I thought, which isn’t what a live audience at a Queen gig should be like. They did get better though but overall I thought it was one of the worst crowds I’ve been in.

To the two girls sitting in front me who went through their phone book alphabetically and FaceTimed about 12 people throughout, you missed an absolute cracker of a show! Hope it was worth it.

Would definitely go and see them again, absolutely loved the show and hearing those amazing songs live at last is something I’ll treasure forever. I loved the Freddie interaction and I thought Adam did an absolutely stunning job singing “who wants to live forever”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

I got shivers when Freddie was projected up on screen. Not sure why but it was a great touch all the same.

ah yeah they lefted out God save the queen and played Heroes by David Bowie over the PA instead

I imagine behind closed doors May and Taylor observed Lamberts vocals intensely. If he has was deemed not good enough they could easily find an established guy to do it eg Paul Rogers previously. Lambert first performed with Queen on American Idol 2009 and is prob doing better than the winner of it

ah yeah they lefted out God save the queen and played Heroes by David Bowie over the PA instead

I imagine behind closed doors May and Taylor observed Lamberts vocals intensely. If he has was deemed not good enough they could easily find an established guy to do it eg Paul Rogers previously. Lambert first performed with Queen on American Idol 2009 and is prob doing better than the winner of it

Exactly! They all seem to gel really well and have a mutual appreciation of their talents. Adam was superb even on American Idol and he deserves every success. What a great honour for him to sing those classics night after night on tour around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Unbelievable concert. I was blown away. Brought a tear to my eye when Freddie was on the screen.

Adam Lambert was A1, did a great job. Sound was so good aswell and of course Brians guitar work was a joy to listen to

Exactly! They all seem to gel really well and have a mutual appreciation of their talents. Adam was superb even on American Idol and he deserves every success. What a great honour for him to sing those classics night after night on tour around the world.

if me,u or anyone had the talent and the chance to do such a thing we would in heartbeat

one thing i like about Queen is they didnt go down the rerecording route like some bands have when they hired new singers (Kiss, Foreginer and Journey, maybe more ??) and Freddie still remains a huge part of the band even though hes sadly gone for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

if me,u or anyone had the talent and the chance to do such a thing we would in heartbeat

one thing i like about Queen is they didnt go down the rerecording route like some bands have when they hired new singers (Kiss, Foreginer and Journey, maybe more ??) and Freddie still remains a huge part of the band even though hes sadly gone for years.

What re-recording did Kiss do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

Stunning gig! I wasn’t expecting it to be nearly as good as that. Brian May is a guitar hero.... that soloing must have gone on for 10 mins!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

I really wasn't expecting the show to be that good. In fairness, I was completely won over by Adam Lambert (didnt know anything of him going to the gig). That lad can sing, and can manage a crowd fairly well. He puts on a good show too. But the thing that stands out to me most, was that it seemed that Brian had difficulty keeping a smile off his face. You can see he was absolutely loving every minute of it.

Seeing Brian and Roger (and to a lesser extent, Spike Edney!) was a very special thing, and I'm glad it wasn't just a nostalgia buzz that took a hold of the night for me.

Love Of My Life was absolutely beautiful. What a song to take part of! Well done everyone :) My favourite moment of the night for sure. Freddie appearing on the screen was a tad emotional, as was Under Pressure.

Absolutely rocking!

What re-recording did Kiss do?

my mistake they actually did re record stuff but it was with a new Guitarist and drummer. Kiss Klassics I think it was called

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

my mistake they actually did re record stuff but it was with a new Guitarist and drummer. Kiss Klassics I think it was called

Great re-recording IMO it has to be said it was released as an extra disc with the Sonic Boom album.

Songs written by Ace Frehley or Peter Criss weren't touched let alone ones they sang.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Great re-recording IMO it has to be said it was released as an extra disc with the Sonic Boom album.

Songs written by Ace Frehley or Peter Criss weren't touched let alone ones they sang.

Interesting stuff, I hadn't known about that re-recording,

here are some details on Wikipedia,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jigoku-Retsuden

There was a link to more details about it on the Wikipedia entry for the Sonic Boom album

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Boom_(Kiss_album)

I like the version of I Love It Loud!:)

Here is the original version:)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Brilliant gig, really fun. Girlfriend had a great time at it as well.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭ooter

Very good gig but a slow burner for me, wasn't too familiar with the first 3 songs but it took off from another one bites the dust. I'll probably get shot for this but I never knew fat bottomed girls was a queen song, pleasantly surprised when I heard that.
    Thought don't stop me now was brilliant, I knew nothing about Adam Lambert going in to the show, thought he was very good but the costume changes were a bit ott. He can certainly sing.

Thanks for this! That’s my Sunday evening viewing sorted!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,711 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

My 14yo daughter didn't want to go. She was more interested in her horse riding this morning. This was only her second gig - the other being One Direction at Croker

She was absolutely blown away with the whole thing. She realised she had actually heard Adam Lambert sing and liked him, but she was singing along to many of the Queen classics, waving her hands to We are the Champions. She knew a lot of the words from the soundtrack of the We Will Rock You theatre performance that I used to play a lot in the car. When she got home she woke her older sisters to tell them all about it. I think she loved pretty much every minute of it.

I saw Queen live on 2 iconic occasions - Live Aid is reckoned to be their greatest ever live performance (albeit they had to cram a lot into the short time they had allocated), and Freddie was at his pomp at his last gig with the band at Knebworth 31 years ago, This was not far behind either of those performances. Yes they could use the advances in technology to improve the overall experience, and I think they got the balance right with those Freddie flashbacks. I also find it remarkable that the likes of Brian May into his 70s and Roger Taylor at 68 can still perform at this level (but I've been equally impressed by the Who and Roger Waters in recent times)

I now have a major issue. How the hell can I find another act that will not disappoint my daughter in comparison to this?

the 2nd song they done 'Stone cold crazy' is more famous for Metallica doing a cover of it and really stuck out of the set as it was fairly heavy compared to the rest

The hard thing was trying to find time to go the toliet as every song was too good to miss

I wonder will we get an official release of one of the shows on the tour ???. A bootleg of the Dublin show might appear somewhere hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

the 2nd song they done 'Stone cold crazy' is more famous for Metallica doing a cover of it and really stuck out of the set as it was fairly heavy compared to the

I really loved the heaviness of it and was thinking it wouldn't sound out of place if was released by a rock band today, over 40 years since its original release.

Advertisement