Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queen + Adam Lambert, 25 Nov 3Arena

Options
  • 18-04-2017 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭

Just announced on queenonline.com Tickets from €87. :eek:

I'll still go, it's Bri and Rog after all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

christeb wrote: »
    Just announced on queenonline.com Tickets from €87. :eek:

I'll be trying for tickets myself. I never had the privilege of seeing Freddie live but would love to see this queen show as it's as good as I'll ever get. Adam Lambert is a great singer too.

Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,974 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Might go but not too pushed

Be good to see Brian May In person and the show itself sounds good

Prices are ok too E84-E94 plus tm fees (an old band like themselves could be charging a lot more like many older acts are doing nowadays)

Relatively painless presale this morning. 2 seats in block C in the bag!

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Yep has to have been the easiest pre-sale ever.
    2 tickets Block E :D for €102 each which considering the cost of the "executive" tickets are a bargain, there are also tickets for €1,000 each :eek: on ticketmaster ordinary site!
    Got an email off ticketmaster to say there are now tickets on their sister website seatwave.
    Clicked on the link and according to it, Adam Lambert and Queen are playing 25th December in 3Arena.
    Quess that will be an interesting gig :rolleyes:

What layout is the show in. The chart on the ticket page shows it has a full standing area but when I search for tickets I'm getting row 14 of block g suggesting it's almost all seated ?

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    What layout is the show in. The chart on the ticket page shows it has a full standing area but when I search for tickets I'm getting row 14 of block g suggesting it's almost all seated ?

The plan I saw is with the smaller standing area and two full blocks of tiered seats. The smaller standing area is still huge but doesn't go as far back as under the top tier of seats if that makes sense.

Block G is great as you won't be squished but you'll still have a very decent view of the stage.

Yep has to have been the easiest pre-sale ever.
    2 tickets Block E :D for €102 each which considering the cost of the "executive" tickets are a bargain, there are also tickets for €1,000 each :eek: on ticketmaster ordinary site!
    Got an email off ticketmaster to say there are now tickets on their sister website seatwave.
    Clicked on the link and according to it, Adam Lambert and Queen are playing 25th December in 3Arena.
    Quess that will be an interesting gig :rolleyes:

Woah! How can they be on seatwave before the general sale has even started?! That's beyond ridiculous. Can't believe they emailed you as well.

Christmas Day with Queen wouldn't be too bad, pity they won't be actually there though!!

Three must've changed their presale allocation blocks. I used to always automatically be given seats in block H or K in the presale so waited until general release.

Great to see the better options this morning, was a nice surprise!

Can see a lot of Xmas party's going to this gig for some reason as its around Xmas party season so that means a lot of messes half interested in the gig/people going to and from the bar all night etc but that's there business I'm there to listen to what will hopefully be an amazing show and finish a year of amazing gig's for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Could someone DM me a presale code?

• Advertisement

got my ticket Block G row 17 seat 191

was in Block G row 21 for u2 in 2015 and the view was amazing

So 2017 will know entail the already completed Avenged Sevenfold/Disturbed, Black Sabbath and upcoming Iron Maiden, Aerosmith, Guns N Roses (London), u2, Metallica (Glasgow) and now Queen. wow better than drinking all my money away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

PTH2009 wrote: »
    got my ticket Block G row 17 seat 191

was in Block G row 21 for u2 in 2015 and the view was amazing

So 2017 will know entail the already completed Avenged Sevenfold/Disturbed, Black Sabbath and upcoming Iron Maiden, Aerosmith, Guns N Roses (London), u2, Metallica (Glasgow) and now Queen. wow better than drinking all my money away

Looking at the seating plan, I cant find the section my tickets are allocated to. Would anyone know where section GA1 is?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Schummi

amadablam wrote: »
    Looking at the seating plan, I cant find the section my tickets are allocated to. Would anyone know where section GA1 is?

That's a standing ticket as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Schummi wrote: »
    That's a standing ticket as far as I know.

Thanks, its gives two seat numbers in that section and I had selected seated also.

Its confusing as I thought GA was generally 'general admission'. The seating plan doesnt help much. Tickets were €94 so I was hoping they were decent.

Woah! How can they be on seatwave before the general sale has even started?! That's beyond ridiculous. Can't believe they emailed you as well.

That's from the 3 sale this morning.
    Christmas Day with Queen wouldn't be too bad, pity they won't be actually there though!!

Yeah Christmas lunch with "the Queen" and then Christmas evening with "Queen" ;)

Date fixed to the correct one on S/Wave now!
    Gone from 2 tickets to 57 :eek:
    Maybe the people though it was on Christmas day and now can't go in November :confused:;)
    Also noticed T/M are now pushing the email tickets as there's no option on the page unless you click on a link for tickets to be posted.

Great to see the better options this morning, was a nice surprise!

+1
    Thanks, its gives two seat numbers in that section and I had selected seated also.

Its confusing as I thought GA was generally 'general admission'. The seating plan doesnt help much. Tickets were €94 so I was hoping they were decent.

Ticketmaster issue standing tickets as GA with numbers so they don't over sell the standing area.
    Did you click €94 and untick the standing box, if not they may have offered you standing, easiest thing is to ring Ticketmaster and ask them.

Also noticed T/M are now pushing the email tickets as there's no option on the page unless you click on a link for tickets to be posted.

Noticed that too. I'm old school and love having my paper tickets in my hand so would always select this option. Print outs on a4 paper don't fit in my album or feel like proper tickets.

Speaking of Queen I really want to see the Freddie Biopic that is years In the making. Latest is it has a director (Bryan Singer) and Rami Malek will play Freddie.

http://www.etonline.com/movies/207396_exclusive_rami_malek_reveals_he_will_sing_as_freddie_mercury_queen_biopic_bohemian_rhapsody/

I would of loved to see Sasha Baron Cohen as Freddie but sadly he left the project early on according to this

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Surprising-Reason-Sacha-Baron-Cohen-Left-Freddie-Mercury-Biopic-117267.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

christeb wrote: »

I'm a huge Queen fan but I wouldnt cross the road to see that Lambert guy ,he is rubbish,and murders alot of the songs.

Queen should replace him with Marc Martell who sounds and looks like Freddie.

I'm a huge Queen fan but I wouldnt cross the road to see that Lambert guy ,he is rubbish,and murders alot of the songs.

Queen should replace him with Marc Martell who sounds and looks like Freddie.

More $$$$ in having a known guy and he is sort of a gay icon too

Lambert is very 'we will rock you/cabaret' in his queen vocal duties but is a talented guy who gives it 100% each time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

When are tickets going on general sale? Wouldn't mind going to this

Or anyone want to email me a 3 code? Many thanks :)

I suspect i'll be one of the youngest people there (if I get tickets)

JohnCleary wrote: »

General sale is tomorrow at 9am.

Queen is for any age, timeless songs! Best of luck for tomorrow.

I can't help you out with a code as I used mine already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

JohnCleary wrote: »

According to the 3 page, its presale tickets have been "snapped up", but you can get tickets for both shows before the general sale through a presale link posted on MCD's facebook page.

MCD posted a link for a presale on its facebook page yesterday, with a link to buy tickets for Dublin and Belfast, before the general sale on Friday morning.

There are tickets available to buy now, for both shows, in the two links posted on the MCD facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/mcd.productions/

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/1800528FF1A84F3C?did=elaserp

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/3800528CCADA19A2?did=elaserp

https://plus.three.ie/gig/list

https://plus.three.ie/gig/details/566

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mar2000

According to the 3 page, its presale tickets have been "snapped up", but you can get tickets for both shows before the general sale through a presale link posted on MCD's facebook page.

MCD posted a link for a presale on its facebook page yesterday, with a link to buy tickets for Dublin and Belfast, before the general sale on Friday morning.

There are tickets available to buy now, for both shows, in the two links posted on the MCD facebook page.

Thank you so much for posting the link. I just got my tickets ��

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭buzsywuzsy

Thank you very much

It seems to be selling well.

I just did a search, on the general sale ticketmaster site, for standing tickets for the Dublin gig, and it didn't find any, when I selected for 8 tickets, or 2 tickets, and when I selected 2 tickets, it selected 2 seated tickets in block P, as an alternative selection.

It allows me to choose 8 standing tickets for the Belfast gig at the moment.

It seems to be selling well.

I just did a search, on the general sale ticketmaster site, for standing tickets for the Dublin gig, and it didn't find any, when I selected for 8 tickets, or 2 tickets, and when I selected 2 tickets, it selected 2 seated tickets in block P, as an alternative selection.

Its hard to know with Ticketmaster to be honest as they could be up to their usual tricks of selling the worst seats first ,which seems to be a major tactic for the 3arena.
    A huge amount of seats are also being held back to push the VIP rip off tickets.

The standing section is small for this gig ,the seats start at row 1 so I picked up two standing yesterday in the presale.
    Very expensive at 102 euro each but its the wife's birthday in Nov so pressie sorted.:)

Its hard to know with Ticketmaster to be honest as they could be up to their usual tricks of selling the worst seats first ,which seems to be a major tactic for the 3arena.
    A huge amount of seats are also being held back to push the VIP rip off tickets.

The standing section is small for this gig ,the seats start at row 1 so I picked up two standing yesterday in the presale.
    Very expensive at 102 euro each but its the wife's birthday in Nov so pressie sorted.:)

Can you be sure that seated or standing tickets are being held back?

For the Belfast gig, there were tickets available to buy, earlier today, for both standing and seated areas.

Would there not be a small enough number of people, that would buy the VIP type tickets for gigs like this, and that there might not be enough people opting for the VIP ticket options, to merit holding back general seated tickets?

I don't think the VIP ticket options include Meet and Greets? I didn't notice a meet and greet VIP ticket option, or Meet and Greet listed as part of the two VIP packages listed, even though the more expensive VIP package includes a back stage tour?

If that is the case, and there is no Meet and Greet, would it not be a risky strategy, to hold back general seated tickets, in the hope that people would opt to buy the VIP tickets instead?

I think when people buy VIP type tickets, I would guess it is mainly for the Meet and Greet and photo aspect, rather than the option of being seated near the stage, or standing at the front row, or for the merchandise that is often included?

What do you reckon?

The layout on the ticketmaster page for the Dublin gig, shows the general Standing area layout for the ground floor, rather than the Optimum Standing layout.

Can you be sure that seated or standing tickets are being held back?

For the Belfast gig, there were tickets available to buy, earlier today, for both standing and seated areas.

Would there not be a small enough number of people, that would buy the VIP type tickets for gigs like this, and that there might not be enough people opting for the VIP ticket options, to merit holding back seated tickets?

I don't think the VIP ticket options include Meet and Greets? I didn't notice a meet and greet VIP ticket option.

If that is the case, would it not be a risky strategy, to hold back general seated tickets, in the hope that people would opt to buy the VIP tickets instead?

The layout on the ticketmaster page for the Dublin gig, shows the general Standing area layout for the ground floor, rather than the Optimum Standing layout.

I've no doubt that a large amount of tickets are being held back especially for the UK gigs,its standard industry practice.
    You surely know this ,you go to alot of gigs.

Its the oldest trick in the book ,hold back tickets in the onsale today to drive up the hype and get people to buy the crap seats or VIP options or buy off resale sites that the promoter has supplied tickets to.
    Ticketmaster work on the principle of selling the worst seats first .
    For this tour all the seats are the same price so there is more emphasis on selling the crap seats first.

These Queen gigs are very fishy.
    People reporting no tickets available on the ticket sites this morning at 10am when they went on sale.
    People saying that they were on the AXS site this morning when the second gig was announced ,and they got through the waiting room in seconds ,which indicates low demand ,yet they couldn't get any lower level seats .
    These have obviously been held back for VIP sales ,like Lady Gagas tour.

The gigs aren't on until November ,that 7 months away ,plenty of time for the promoters to magically find extra tickets to sell .

The standing layout is wrong.
    I was searching for tickets in the presale yesterday and it was offering me seats in row 6 .
    Row 21 is the first row according to the seating plan.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Wanted to get tickets for the girlfriends birthday, but they were only offering rubbish seats so held off. Seem to be completely 'sold out' now :rolleyes:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement