Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 34 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Shoulda got Kane.

Didn't get Kane.

Front​line now is Lukaku/Aguero/Benteke.

FOR GW34 should I get Kane? Or Zlatan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

FHFC wrote: »
    Shoulda got Kane.

Didn't get Kane.

Kane. I could have a different suggestion on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Shoulda got Kane.

Didn't get Kane.

Before you can make an informed decision on that you need to wait and watch out for Liverpool-WBA score, Utd-Chelsea, Utd-Anderlecht, Jose's interviews and next 2 press conferences. If you think Zlatan starts both games you gotta get him I think.

Unless you are confident in another captain choice next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Shoulda got Kane.

Didn't get Kane.

I don't really know. Kane seems to be more in-form. But surely now Spurs have top 4 guaranteed. Utd still striving for it.

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    If your friend klopporamma was here he would prob tell you to email the head office of fantasy football and ask for an in depth copy of the rules, read over it for 10-14 hours,
    Walk 10 miles in your bare feet and then ask our opinion on the matter

He'd them give his recommendation tho' :pac:

Before you can make an informed decision on that you need to wait and watch out for Liverpool-WBA score, Utd-Chelsea, Utd-Anderlecht, Jose's interviews and next 2 press conferences. If you think Zlatan starts both games you gotta get him I think.

Correct answer i think. ðŸ‘

If your friend kloparama was here he would prob tell you to email the head office of fantasy football and ask for an in depth copy of the rules, read over it for 10-14 hours,

He be kinda right though. Read the sticky.

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/help

Trump is more likely to make a move before I spend my 2FTs.

If your friend kloparama was here he would prob tell you to email the head office of fantasy football and ask for an in depth copy of the rules, read over it for 10-14 hours,

Not entirely true.

I wouldn't have responded because the last time I tried to help he reported my post and I was warned for breaking the Boards rule of 'no sarcasm'.

So I'll have to try and avoid responding to the easily offended, that will report my post, in case I receive another ban.

In this instance though, seen as you have suggested what I may have done, I would have suggested that the tiniest modicum of effort on the FPL rules page would have cleared up his concerns. And I wouldn't have used any sarcasm.

Wonder will you get warned or banned for using sarcasm too ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Not making any decisions until Friday. I have 2FTs and the obvious moves are Siggy and Aguero/Lukaku to Zaha and Ibra.

Ibra is the obvious choice for captain, but if Man U lose to Chelsea and beat Anderlecht, I'm not confident he plays both league games. Then Kane becomes a serious, Serious option.

Benimar wrote: »
    Not making any decisions until Friday. I have 2FTs and the obvious moves are Siggy and Aguero/Lukaku to Zaha and Ibra.

Ibra is the obvious choice for captain, but if Man U lose to Chelsea and beat Anderlecht, I'm not confident he plays both league games. Then Kane becomes a serious, Serious option.

Results at LFC and Arsenal could also impact on his team selections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Vardy to Zlatan
    Chambers to PVA

All.seems rather obvious to me even at this early stage..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I don't really know. Kane seems to be more in-form. But surely now Spurs have top 4 guaranteed. Utd still striving for it.

Top 4 is not their target. Winning the league is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

MOD: pimpmyhat, I have asked for this to be dropped earlier in the week in the transfer thread. Won't ask again.

Not entirely true.

I wouldn't have responded because the last time I tried to help he reported my post and I was warned for breaking the Boards rule of 'no sarcasm'.

So I'll have to try and avoid responding to the easily offended, that will report my post, in case I receive another ban.

In this instance though, seen as you have suggested what I may have done, I would have suggested that the tiniest modicum of effort on the FPL rules page would have cleared up his concerns. And I wouldn't have used any sarcasm.

Wonder will you get warned or banned for using sarcasm too ?

1. The user did not report you. This is false, and again, targeting the poster.
    2. You were not warned for breaking the "boards rule of no sarcasm". This is false. I explained to you in detail on the board and via pm why you were warned, and why you got a warning and not a card.
    3. You were warned to drop it in the other thread.
    4. You are questioning the moderation of the forum. Again, if you are unhappy, contact a category moderator.

You can take a week off.

• Advertisement

Noobie question: If I transfer Sanchez out for Eriksen tonight, will I still have Sanchez for tomorrow's game?

Hi Wanderer100, while you are welcome to post here, I would strongly advise you read the rules of FPL before asking questions about the basic fundamentals. It will improve your overall score and understanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,946 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I have Ibra and De Roon. Only players that attract me for this DGW are Valdes and maybe Gibson. I'm not sure who else is worth bringing in.

Palace have two very difficult games but maybe Spacecraft is an option.

What are people's thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I was all set to get Ibra in this week, but it feels like a bad idea now, and it's hard to see a scenario where it'll seem like a good idea by the end of the week.

Front line is Lukaku, Kane and Benteke so I'd have to take a hit anyway, barring favourable price changes. I also have Valencia and Zaha for the DGW, so I might just get a Middlesbrough defender in as well and leave it at that, captaining Benteke.

Correct answer i think. ðŸ‘

Yeah I think so.

However my gut is Utd won't stay in race for top 4 and thus Zlatan will end up as a cause of frustration in these last few weeks. I'm going be looking for reasons not to get him I think.

I'm thinking about merits of captaining Zaha. First Palace game is a away at Liverpool in which you have to fancy their chances of scoring and the second game is home to Spurs who have been trying to buy him for the last year - may be extra motivation to impress. Still probably not attractive enough v 180 mins of Zlatan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

eagle eye wrote: »
    I have Ibra and De Roon. Only players that attract me for this DGW are Valdes and maybe Gibson. I'm not sure who else is worth bringing in.

Palace have two very difficult games but maybe Spacecraft is an option.

What are people's thoughts?

I think it's definitely worth getting in at least one Palace attacker. I don't think the Liverpool game will be particularly tough from a goal-scoring perspective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Jeju

Have de Roon for a good while now and just brought in Gibson. I have no Man Utd cover for this GW but feel I will do enough with my single GW players to give me a rise. I do not think Palace players are worth a punt for a -4 or -8 with the fixtures they have, I think the can secure safety by saving their performances for easier fixtures in GW 35 and 37.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Is Stephens likely to keep his place?

Would Yoshida warrant the extra 0.4 do we think?

Morzadec wrote: »
    Is Stephens likely to keep his place?

Would Yoshida warrant the extra 0.4 do we think?

Yoshida went close to a goal again yesterday.

The worry is that Cacares gets some game time before the end of the season, particularly during the DGWs. In that case Yoshida would seem more likely to keep his place as the senior player but you couldn't be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Likely going for:

Aguero out. Ibra In
    Redmond out. Zaha In

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,550 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If one hasn't already brought in Ibra, it is tough to justify doing so now.

Yes, it's a problem alright.

I'd say it's an even bigger problem if you're already an owner. Can you captain etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I wonder is Rashford nailed in? Looking lively

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

siblers wrote: »
    I wonder is Rashford nailed in? Looking lively

If they win against Anderlect on Thursday night, I don't think there's any United player nailed on.

Why is everyone I'd want to sign for the DGW uncertain? Even Van Aanholt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

CSF wrote: »
    Why is everyone I'd want to sign for the DGW uncertain? Even Van Aanholt.

Same, last seasons dgw worked brilliantly for me, but have my doubts about this seasons.
    Had hoped to have 4 or 5 dgw players for next week and maybe 12 or 13 for gw37. But between rotation fears, lose of form it's hard to see the value in most of the players had intended to get in. Might stick to just getting in players who are in form, even if they don't have dgw'.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I reckon I'll do origi to rashford.

I reckon I'll do origi to rashford.

Can see him playing out wide for both games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

I think I'll be getting a United defender in.
    Question is....
    Courtois for De Gea
    or
    Bailey/Rojo/ for Baines.

I do hate having Baines but I'm also sick of Chelsea's new found habit of being porous. Is Bailey nailed on though? That's the annoying thing :/

dahat wrote: »
    Can see him playing out wide for both games.
    I think he might play him through the middle against city . Similar set up to today. That team he picked today was nothing to do with tired legs or rotation IMO. It was purely tactical.

I think he might play him through the middle against city . Similar set up to today. That team he picked today was nothing to do with tired legs or rotation IMO. It was purely tactical.

I agree, totally different team with pace in it and seems logocal to play same v City.

Can't see myself getting Zlatan in now so may consider Vardy to Rashford if all ok after Thursday night.

While I am not entertaining Rashford in, today's performance is also making me doubt Ibrahimovic in as they could be sharing minutes.

I agree about the tactics - Rashford started over for Zlatan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Really glad I have three Spurs players as the title race is really on now and they have the momentum.

You think Rashford likely to play 150+ in GW34??

I'd very much consider him. He's on a wee run.

• Advertisement

You think Rashford likely to play 150+ in GW34??

I'd very much consider him. He's on a wee run.

Ye on the wing against Burnley and potentially through the middle against city. Mourinho just confirmed it was tactics and not rotation. I'll be captaining benteke anyway.

Ye on the wing against Burnley and potentially through the middle against city. Mourinho just confirmed it was tactics and not rotation. I'll be captaining benteke anyway.

Was thinking of Benteke or Zaha too if I stayed away from Ibra.

Do you have Kane or are you worried about getting him?

Was thinking of Benteke or Zaha too if I stayed away from Ibra.

Do you have Kane or are you worried about getting him?

I don't have him I have 3 spurs. I think I'll be selling eriksen to free up a spot for him. May do it this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I think I'll be getting a United defender in.
    Question is....
    Courtois for De Gea
    or
    Bailey/Rojo/ for Baines.

I do hate having Baines but I'm also of Chelsea's new found habit of being porous. Is Bailey nailed on though? That's the annoying thing :/
    DDG is probably the most nailed on. Bailly would be rested at some stage but who knows when

I don't have him I have 3 spurs. I think I'll be selling eriksen to free up a spot for him. May do it this week.

Did Kev lend you one of his Wildcards?? ;)

After today's win I reckon there is more chance now Zlatan starts against Burnley. Maybe they have another tactical option v City - but think they are plenty of seanrios where he starts and comes on for a sizeable chunk of that game. I'm leaning more towards getting him now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭caviardreams

siblers wrote: »
    DDG is probably the most nailed on. Bailly would be rested at some stage but who knows when

Jose pretty much said that due to injuries Rojo & Bailly have to go "to the end" - Smalling & Jones are still out so the only cover is Blind (who Jose doesn't rate at CB)

Did Kev lend you one of his Wildcards?? ;)

Won't be getting Kane this week but might make sense to take out eriksen this week as I can get in a player that will play twice instead of him.Or I could do Davies to Bailly to free up a spurs spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Looks likely that I'll be rolling out double utd defence for the DGW and then moving Valencia on after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

This is a headache, plan all along was Aguero to Ibra, now looking like Aguero to Benteke or Alonso to Sakho/Rojo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭COH

I think transferring Ibra in and having him black/rested would be less annoying than not having him and watching him go nuts.

Costa to Ibra looking likely. To hell with Benteke

• Advertisement
Advertisement