Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 34 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Siggy to Zaha for a hit?

Siggy has a good fixture home to Stoke but then has Man Utd away

Zaha has pool and spurs and then a good fixture home to Burnley

• Registered Users Posts: 5,708 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

ShaneU wrote:
    Siggy to Zaha for a hit?

ShaneU wrote:
    Siggy has a good fixture home to Stoke but then has Man Utd away

ShaneU wrote:
    Zaha has pool and spurs and then a good fixture home to Burnley

Wait till next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

2FT. Was already doing Grant to Jak. Those few extra pennies means I can afford to do Kane for Ibra so both transfers used.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Took a hit

Anichebe out for Benteke.. Redmond moves to the bench!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Can't bring myself to get Negredo. Going to do Foster & Origi to DDG & Rashford for a -4. Any feedback?
    Plus I'll then bench Kun as my attack will be:
    Son Alli King Sanchez Zaha
    Rashford Lukaku

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭caviardreams

bantee wrote: »
    Can't bring myself to get Negredo. Going to do Foster & Origi to DDG & Rashford for a -4. Any feedback?

Very similar myself

Did Foster to DDG yesterday and thinking of Kun to Rashford for a -4. But I can't decide between that and Brunt to Bailly.....

What is putting me off Rashford is both fixtures could be very tight and low scoring, and if they aren't given Rashford played 120 last night I could see him taken off for Rooney after 60 if they are leading by a couple of behind by a couple.

Very similar myself

Did Foster to DDG yesterday and thinking of Kun to Rashford for a -4. But I can't decide between that and Brunt to Bailly.....

What is putting me off Rashford is both fixtures could be very tight and low scoring, and if they aren't given Rashford played 120 last night I could see him taken off for Rooney after 60 if they are leading by a couple of behind by a couple.

Ya I'm very unsure about Rashford, will DDG play both? Also, either Origi or Kun could outscore him!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm finally edging towards a decision.

I'm thinking of 2 very differential moves.

1. Not taking a hit.
    2. Stewart Downing

:eek:

How about option 3:

Absolutely anything but the above :pac:

That, or a Spacecraft/PVA double salvo? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Plus I'll then bench Kun as my attack will be:
    Son Alli King Sanchez Zaha
    Rashford Lukaku

Don't bench kun

Don't bench kun

But who then? Spurs flying, Zaha dgw, Sanchez home to Leicester and King home to Boro, Lukaku at West Ham.
    My head hurts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Lukaku to Negredo done before the price rise.
    Will be captaining him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

But who then? Spurs flying, Zaha dgw, Sanchez home to Leicester and King home to Boro, Lukaku at West Ham.
    My head hurts

I'd avoid the -4 for Rashford and bench Origi.

Aguero will be facing a team that has Daley Blind centre half!

Benimar wrote: »
    I'd avoid the -4 for Rashford and bench Origi.

Aguero will be facing a team that has Daley Blind centre half!

That's what I was thinking too but I still think it'll be low scoring. Suppose it's to weigh up whether a -4 to get Rashford in and then bench Kun will pay more dividends to just leaving it alone.
    Think I'll leave it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Jeju

Gone with Negredo C this week brough in for a -4 for Big Andy, it's a tough week, one I'm not going to get too bothered about.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Still no transfer made.

Jakupovic
    Baines - Mawson - Valencia
    Zaha - Eriksen - Alli - King - Sanchez
    Lukaku - Kane
    Subs: Heaton, Bertrand, Crouch, Fuchs

Can anyone see an ATTACKING transfer. My big problem is I'm not eager to transfer out any of those 7 players and if I transfer someone in for Ceoich, I have to drop one of those 7 :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Still no transfer made.

Jakupovic
    Lukaku - Kane

Can anyone see an ATTACKING transfer. My big problem is I'm not eager to transfer out any of those 7 players and if I transfer someone in for Ceoich, I have to drop one of those 7 :-/
    You could do Eriksen to Pogba or mikitaryan ..........I'm not saying you should
    Just that you could

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Still no transfer made.

Jakupovic
    Lukaku - Kane

You could do Eriksen to Pogba or mikitaryan ..........I'm not saying you should
    Just that you could

If you sold crouch you could also bench Eriksen or Alli
    I'm not sure triple Spurs away to big Sam will pay off

Still no transfer made.

Jakupovic
    Lukaku - Kane

Similar situation to me, don't want to lose any of the current crop and no transfer jumping out at me

Still no transfer made.

Jakupovic
    Lukaku - Kane

Spurs have been in unbelievable form but I think it may be time to ditch one of those 3. 3 of their recent home fixtures have been as good as they get. There are other teams with better fixtures for the dgw 37 aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Ibra to Kane done. 4 point hit for nothing.

• Advertisement

Origi to negredo done . Will probably captain him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

10.2 in the bank. Dont have that too often :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Bailly or Gibson?

Might just flip a coin at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Haven't looked at this all week. I have 2ft.

I'm thinking

Siggy to Townsend
    Origi to Negredo (this is probably the 3rd time I've brought him in this year)

Now I'm stuck with the Rojo conundrum. My current defence is

Amat, pieters, Alonso and a non playing Mcauley. Do I go for a dgw defender or just someone tried and tested as being solid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Need to get Zlatan out now with the news he'll be gonezo long term.

Is Negredo really worth it to replace him for the DGW?

Seen his popularity in the (C) thread is huge but I'm confused...

Middlesborough are shyte as is their attacking threat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,550 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think with context removed (United's Europa League exertions, Middlesbrough having to go for it, Palace being a much better attacking side than they've been for most of the season) Middlesbrough are at a goal expectation of about 2.25 over the 2 games, United are about 2.5 and Palace lower at about 1.75.

Negredo is involved in about 50% of Middlesbrough's goals so say that puts him at an individual expectancy of involvement in a goal, he should be good for 7+ points. If you consider Rashford too risky and feel the same way about a single gameweek strategy then it's a low-risk low-reward strategy.

Probably best suited to people with leads to maintain rather than people who need to make up big scores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

2 transfers this week....resulting in a -4.....

Brunt to gibson earlier in week,
    Llorrnte to rashford this evening. His stock will rise, and llorentes prob fall....

Leaves enough in the bank to take erickson out for sanchez next week!!

Whats peoples thoughts!!

Oh my front 3 this week...lukaku(c) benteke and rashford....back 3 valencia, gibson and alonso!!

I'm a bit hesitant myself but he has two goals in three. For me it's a tosh up between him and rashford and I don't really fancy utds chances on Thursday

Actually what would be advisable

Having a Middlesbrough defender (Gibson) and a united forward (rashford) or vice versa (Negredo and Valencia)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Benimar wrote: »
    Surely you don't mean Downing for a hit??!!!

Downing on a free I can sort of get on board with, purely as it's a DGW.

No. For my one FT.
    Sunderland and Bournemouth at top of the table for conceding headers. Hoping that there is an assist or 2 in fk and corner taking Downing.

Leaving me with

Jak
    Chambers, Gibson, Alonso
    Sanchez, Downing, Zaha, Alli
    Lukaku, Aguero, Benteke

5 doubles. No United. Hoping for a Pep destroys Jose kinda week.
    How about option 3:

You disappoint me. I'd have thought a wacky Downing punt was right up your street. It's the kind of thing we'd have drink loads of whiskey to forget back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Going to play AOA this week

Pickford/Jak

---- Valencia -- Gibson

Sane -- Siggy -- Sanchez -- Zaha -- Alli

Lukaku -- Kane -- Benteke

2 changes to get this Brunt & Fletcher ---> Gibson & Zaha

Thoughts?

Going to play AOA this week

Pickford/Jak

---- Valencia -- Gibson

Sane -- Siggy -- Sanchez -- Zaha -- Alli

Lukaku -- Kane -- Benteke

2 changes to get this Brunt & Fletcher ---> Gibson & Zaha

Thoughts?

Can't have thoughts without knowing who you're benching. ;)

Can't have thoughts without knowing who you're benching. ;)

Amat, Pieters & Holebas. FTR I think your crazy getting Downing!

Amat, Pieters & Holebas. FTR I think your crazy getting Downing!

Good use of AOA.

And thank you. :Dear
    He's only slightly more crazy than Negredo IMO, and he's somehow leading the captain poll.

Downing was superb vs Arsenal. Agnew raves about him. Set pieces. Headers. Humour me. ;)

I'm wildcarding next week. He's the punt.

Good use of AOA.

And thank you. :Dear
    He's only slightly less crazy than Negredo IMO, and he's somehow leading the captain poll.

Downing was superb vs Arsenal. Agnew raves about him. Set pieces. Headers. Humour me. ;)

I'm wildcarding next week. He's the punt.

I like the logic behind it! I will be an interesting spectator. I had Negredo but sold him for Benteke before the last GW. He had been dropped & boro struggling for goals. Then he scores v Arsenal! Logic eh...

I've a wildcard in my back pocket also, Gw 36 for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Right.

My current front line is Aguero Lukaku Barnes.
    Midfield is Sanchez Alli Siggy Zaha Lanzini
    Defs are Valencia Chambers Alonso Holebas McAuley.
    Heaton & Randolph in goals.

Have 2 FT. Am thinking of going back to 3-4-3. Barnes + Lanzini -> Benteke/Negredo + De Roon.

Question is Benteke or Negredo? Or Rashford?

Have no WC left & BB already used. Am decently ranked at 40K so am trying to rearrange my team as much mid-term as I can. Hence the switch back to 3-4-3 since I feel it'll be better for DGW37 and for the current one too.

Then I'll play Valencia & Chambers and hope luck will be on my side this time. Maybe a -4 for McAuley out. But for who? Doubling up on Boro with the safer Gibson? Palace def? But very tough fixtures. Another United def (Bailly?)? But tough fixtures too (ditto for 37).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Help here, do the hell do I drop out of my front 7. I've got

Alli, Son, Coutinho, King, Zaha, Aguero, Lukaku and Kane. One of them have to be on my bench, but who the hell do I put there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

titan18 wrote: »

Alli, Son, Coutinho, King, Zaha, Aguero, Lukaku and Kane. One of them have to be on my bench, but who the hell do I put there.

Tough choice, 3 Spurs players there. Maybe Alli.

Tough choice, 3 Spurs players there. Maybe Alli.

Ya, was leaning towards Son cos of that, but then their form is great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Wow tough one - all out attack chip not available? Maybe son though he could be dropped for Chelsea game if spurs go to back three so could be fresh for palace midweek. You have a lot of funds in front 8 look at switching it out to a decent front 7 and invest at the back.

• Advertisement

All this Negredo love is making me nervous. My front three are Lukaku, Kane and Benteke. Anyone think I should get Negredo instead of any one of these?

All this Negredo love is making me nervous. My front three are Lukaku, Kane and Benteke. Anyone think I should get Negredo instead of any one of these?

Toss up between negredo and benteke. Benteke better form but against tougher teams and costs more. I went negredo but only because of funds dictated it. I wouldn't switch in your position. Bank the transfer or save the hit.

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Wow tough one - all out attack chip not available? Maybe son though he could be dropped for Chelsea game if spurs go to back three so could be fresh for palace midweek. You have a lot of funds in front 8 look at switching it out to a decent front 7 and invest at the back.

Have plenty of money in back too as my team value is 107.5. GK and defense are Heaton, Schmeichel, Alonso, PVA (just bought for McAuley), Chambers, Pieters, Mawson.

Midfield ain't that heavy too, they're just on good form, King, Zaha and Son were cheap to buy, and I've had Alli since he was 8.3m.

Don't have AOA available either sadly (although I'd probably have to drop Alonso then so still not good)

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Toss up between negredo and benteke. Benteke better form but against tougher teams and costs more. I went negredo but only because of funds dictated it. I wouldn't switch in your position. Bank the transfer or save the hit.

No hit, I'll bank ta.

Have plenty of money in back too as my team value is 107.5. GK and defense are Heaton, Schmeichel, Alonso, PVA (just bought for McAuley), Chambers, Pieters, Mawson.

Midfield ain't that heavy too, they're just on good form, King, Zaha and Son were cheap to buy, and I've had Alli since he was 8.3m.

Don't have AOA available either sadly (although I'd probably have to drop Alonso then so still not good)

Nice work. Maybe an upgrade on pieters if possible at some point to DGW players otherwise not much you can improve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Can't seem to make a decision on a transfer :(
    Have a front 7 of
    Sanchez, Alli, Zaha, King
    Lukaku, Aguero and Kane

Options to bring in are probably from Rasford, Negredo or Lingard, but struggling to see if theres any real benefit in it. Maybe if I still had a wildcard available for the week after might see it a bit different, but at the moment thinking I'll stick with what I have.

Anyone seeing the benefit in a transfer, or think I'm as well of sticking with what I have?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Caballero to DeGea and Valencia to Blind for -4 done.

How about option 3:

Still no transfer made.

Jakupovic
    Lukaku - Kane

Downgrade Crouch and roll the FT?

iroced wrote: »
    Right.

My current front line is Aguero Lukaku Barnes.
    Midfield is Sanchez Alli Siggy Zaha Lanzini
    Defs are Valencia Chambers Alonso Holebas McAuley.
    Heaton & Randolph in goals.

Have 2 FT. Am thinking of going back to 3-4-3. Barnes + Lanzini -> Benteke/Negredo + De Roon.

Question is Benteke or Negredo? Or Rashford?

Have no WC left & BB already used. Am decently ranked at 40K so am trying to rearrange my team as much mid-term as I can. Hence the switch back to 3-4-3 since I feel it'll be better for DGW37 and for the current one too.

Then I'll play Valencia & Chambers and hope luck will be on my side this time. Maybe a -4 for McAuley out. But for who? Doubling up on Boro with the safer Gibson? Palace def? But very tough fixtures. Another United def (Bailly?)? But tough fixtures too (ditto for 37).

Lloris for Heaton?

Can't seem to make a decision on a transfer :(
    Have a front 7 of
    Sanchez, Alli, Zaha, King
    Lukaku, Aguero and Kane

Options to bring in are probably from Rasford, Negredo or Lingard, but struggling to see if theres any real benefit in it. Maybe if I still had a wildcard available for the week after might see it a bit different, but at the moment thinking I'll stick with what I have.

Anyone seeing the benefit in a transfer, or think I'm as well of sticking with what I have?

Solid roll I'd say. Good Luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement