Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Do it!

I'm perusing Donedeal these last few days for a nice EP80 or 90 Starlet but theres not much cheap or local. A friend's grandfather has a nice Jap 3 door EP80 in his garden a few years now after giving up driving, I was supposed to get it back then but never got around to it. Dunno what happened to it or if its still there but I might try and find out about it again.

I'm doing some work for the Dublin diocese which involves visits to many convents (don't ask) and I was expecting to see loads of Starlets but so far I haven't seen one :(

My 97 Corolla failed the retest tonight on the suspension arm bushes (I think).

I changed the 2 drop links like a dolt. Naturally everything else passed though. So I'll have to drive the Carina now for the next month while I work up the energy to go get her through again.

Then it's the Carina's turn to go through at the end of April.

So I'll be going no where near a Starlet for now.

Whut?
    Price reduced due to man who thought it was a rally car!

Whut?

---

Those alloys do nothing for it.

Also, what clown changed the Fiat badge on it. Looks stupid.

Bit pricey these days for a Carina. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 73,407 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Mark my words, Carina E nostalgia will be massive in a few years and any examples that didn’t make it to a Africa or the scrapyard will make mental money here.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Mark my words, Carina E nostalgia will be massive in a few years and any examples that didn’t make it to a Africa or the scrapyard will make mental money here.

Absolutely. But 2 Carina purchases in one month is verboten.

I need an industrial unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

colm_mcm wrote: »

I'd agree with this, the gti version already makes strong money.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

i have been following the prices of them, they are on the way up the last 12 months i reckon. Clean ones anyway - and lots less of them for sale too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭W123-80's

'05 407 1.6 diesel
    Estate
    NCT April '20
    Low mileage claim - 113k kms
    Tidy lugger if it checks out

Asking €885

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nct-4-20-2005-peugeot-407-hdi-113kms/21437419

'02 C200 Manual
    NCT Jan '20
    Tax July '20

Something off about this advert, but it could be worth a call!

Asking €650

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-c200-nct-jan-20-taxed-july-19-sunroof/21023826

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

W123-80's wrote: »
    '02 C200 Manual
    NCT Jan '20
    Tax July '20

Asking €650

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-c200-nct-jan-20-taxed-july-19-sunroof/21023826

On the contrary I think it’s a very genuine ad. First and surname is IMO a very good sign and the first indicator. Greenlighted, Dublin 2 etc also.

On the contrary I think it’s a very genuine ad. First and surname is IMO a very good sign and the first indicator. Greenlighted, Dublin 2 etc also.

Ya, I guess you could be right.
    The one pic, all the tax/test made me think it was a bit off.
    Definitely worth a call with the guts of €200 worth of tax on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Id say a genuine ad. Looks to be taken in an underground car park. I bet it is being sold by someone who never drives it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

• Registered Users Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

JJJJNR wrote: »

Jaysus there are surely better cars to be got for 2 grand than a 10 year old Skoda ex taxi with 540,000 km on the clock?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

540km good going.....

It is very good going, I don't know how much a taxi costs per kilometer but surely the car doesn't owe the owner 2 grand at this stage.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-xc70-auto-4wd/21437134

MzNkMGUwMGEyMzMwYmI2YzMzZWQwNWFmNzFmNzlhZTE_YMVD60PZKG_tNmuTeau6aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjEzNjk5ODF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Diesel XC70 CC, years test, bitta tax, €1950

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-xc70-auto-4wd/21437134

Diesel XC70 CC, years test, bitta tax, €1950

Tax kills that car which is a shame

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Tax kills that car which is a shame

It's a mortal sin to see something of that quality being taxed to oblivion, there should be some reasonable cap put on motor tax in this country for older cars.

• Advertisement

Jaysus there are surely better cars to be got for 2 grand than a 10 year old Skoda ex taxi with 540,000 km on the clock?

Course there is but I doubt you would hit those levels of comfort it's a luxobarge and tax isn't to bad. I'd say it has had a fortune spent on it regarding parts I would have no problem with the mileage once there was a stack of receipts. Diesels love to be driven.

It's a mortal sin to see something of that quality being taxed to oblivion, there should be some reasonable cap put on motor tax in this country for older cars.

Quality .... Are you serious they are balls of ****e, gearbox is made of chocolate because volvo didn't put a radiator on them unlike the xc90. That superb would be a far superior car in every way.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

W123-80's wrote: »

]

The gearbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Course there is but I doubt you would hit those levels of comfort it's a luxobarge and tax isn't to bad. I'd say it has had a fortune spent on it regarding parts I would have no problem with the mileage once there was a stack of receipts. Diesels love to be driven.
    I never would have classed my Superb as a Luxobarge. Just a boat is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Threw up my Saab a few days, so far have had a scrap yard ring me.
    Tis a pity to scrap it but c'est la vie.

Quality .... Are you serious they are balls of ****e, gearbox is made of chocolate because volvo didn't put a radiator on them unlike the xc90. That superb would be a far superior car in every way.

Luxobarge and chocolate gearbox, you've got all the lingo.

You need to remember that Skoda has well over half a million kilometers on it, and has carried passengers who couldn't care less about it for the last 10 years.

Luxobarge and chocolate gearbox, you've got all the lingo.

You need to remember that Skoda has well over half a million kilometers on it, and has carried passengers who couldn't care less about it for the last 10 years.

Half a million is nothing on those vw iron blocks, again maintenance needs to be done to pass the taxi test. So would do it again just going by the pics you could do a lot worse but it's a low ball offer 1200 - 1500.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

ewj1978 wrote: »

What year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

The gearbox.
    ??
    Did you go to view it?
    Pity, as it seemed to be good value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

ewj1978 wrote: »

It's not a bad looking car but I think that's where it's at.

It's not really worth anything with the faults. Driving around having to avoid loading the throttle to avoid sending the car into limp mode and then having to clear it with a scanner would be my worst nightmare, personally. If I was taking on a budget yoke with a big-ish tax disc, i'd want to be driving.

What did the scrap yard offer? €200?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement