Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭W123-80's

'03 A6 Estate
    1.9 diesel auto
    NCT March '20
    167k miles
    Looks legit. What are they like with an auto box?

Asking €1,150

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a6-avant-1-9-tdi-sport-2003-automatic/21319091

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

That’s a multitronic gearbox that strives on regular oil changes. Ad seems pretty genuine to me, if there was history to back up the claims I’d go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭crazyjim

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2002-mercedes-e320-v656-950-milesnew-nct-03-20/21168773

NjVjYzFlOGI2OGE4YWY2NWNmYWE0ODM4Y2NiNjE1MTPKZKFrsUKoFkTf3D-cfp5_aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTkzMTk3NDJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Years test, two days tax, 56k miles, 1 owner, quality tyres, E320 V6, €999

The want for this is ridiculously strong!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2002-mercedes-e320-v656-950-milesnew-nct-03-20/21168773

This is back up for €899
    Picture 2 shows why it hasn't sold. Not worth saving IMO.

Zjc5MjFkNDIzNTRhNDVlMTBiODMxMjJhZDNjMDQwMDkfYDk-3STYKUukvxtENRU-aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTkzMTk3NDN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

That photo was there in the original ad too

Tbf thats not too bad; a bit odd, it looks like someone just concentrated a can of silver paint on one spot for a few minutes :confused:

New wing (if you can find one thats not rusty) if you were really bothered by it and away you go!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I would say it hasn't sold because of the tax, not imperfection on bodywork.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

wonski wrote: »
    I would say it hasn't sold because of the tax, not imperfection on bodywork.

Or everyone has thrown out their tape collection!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

If that would be the reason that the car isn't selling then I'd think that people have lost of sense of bargains

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-starlet/21425435

ZDdhZDU3YzcwZDY0MmFlZGUxMWJkMDI5NDM2NjkwNDMxemG1oNjYSgP-BRA4VbBNaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjEyNzgyNDV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Test till September, tax till July, €400

I would!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

bear1 wrote: »
    If that would be the reason that the car isn't selling then I'd think that people have lost of sense of bargains

The price of the car is the cheapest bit of it, best part of 3k (tax and insurance) before you even start it - this countries governments do not want old classics on the road, full stop....sad

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I would!

I always have a sense of relief when these ads are nowhere near me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Each to their own, but i honestly dont get the appeal of the Corolla's.....can anyone enlighten me?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,407 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Stock up on cutting compound :)

Pter wrote: »
    Each to their own, but i honestly dont get the appeal of the Corolla's.....can anyone enlighten me?

Cheap, unbreakable, nice to drive, nicely built

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Cheap, unbreakable, nice to drive, nicely built

The very man! :eek:
    Was actually coming on here to ask you about the Corolla!

Kinda starting to get a thing about trying one lately just for the crack and wondering is there anything in particular to look out for. I think I saw somewhere that they can be prone to burning oil? Is that on the 1.4 version?

Anything else to look out for? Which model is best etc

What are you looking for? New, old?

What are you looking for? New, old?
    Sorry. Meant the E11 model, and I suppose as new as possible, maybe 2000ish. It's just gonna be for tipping around in and not as main car.

Realistically I'll probably just drive it around town here in Mullingar, and maybe an odd run within short distances, but will still use my main car for motorway or longer drives

• Registered Users Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I always have a sense of relief when these ads are nowhere near me.

One of the most reliable mass produced cars ever made, that and a late 90's Micra.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-starlet/21425435

ZDdhZDU3YzcwZDY0MmFlZGUxMWJkMDI5NDM2NjkwNDMxemG1oNjYSgP-BRA4VbBNaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjEyNzgyNDV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I would!

Ooooh. Could i complete the Carina, Corolla, Starlet holy trinity?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Pter wrote: »

I didn't either. Then I got one in 2015. And now I'm obsessed with it.

Never getting rid of it.

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Sorry. Meant the E11 model, and I suppose as new as possible, maybe 2000ish. It's just gonna be for tipping around in and not as main car.

Realistically I'll probably just drive it around town here in Mullingar, and maybe an odd run within short distances, but will still use my main car for motorway or longer drives

The facelift cars have nicer interiors IMO, better seats etc and some say they are nicer to drive and quieter but I don't really say there is a huge difference at all, my 97 1.3 is both quiet and pleasant generally. The 1.4 have a timing chain whereas the older ones have belts. Its hard to find a nice example of either tbh. If I didn't just buy a timing belt kit + two tyres for mine I'd offer it to you!

This looks nice but is a bit pricey

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2001-toyota-corolla-vvt-i-terra-4dr/21337098

ZTc2YTBlZTBmZDA3MzgxNDU1NDQ4OWQ3YjcyMTk5MjI9obPvV95HVJV9O431awJlaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjA2MzkwOTZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Advertisement

Yeah, had seen that one alright, but like you said, it's a bit pricy. Wouldn't mind spending if it's a thing I liked them and then decided to go for a good one. Might just pick up something half decent for around 500 quid and try one first.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla/21414336

NGI3NDJjZmE3YWE0NjRiMzRiZmY3NzVmZTlhNTRhMTmHvWHMS8VRrQ-Ekz__YkSVaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjExOTU2NjZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This would be a nice buy if you can excuse the dent!

NCT till 2020, tax till April, €500

Have that one saved actually (along with about 10 others!!) Hahahaha
    They certainly seem to shift fairly quickly. Most I have saved disappear within a day or two from Donedeal

Ooooh. Could i complete the Carina, Corolla, Starlet holy trinity?

Do it!

I'm perusing Donedeal these last few days for a nice EP80 or 90 Starlet but theres not much cheap or local. A friend's grandfather has a nice Jap 3 door EP80 in his garden a few years now after giving up driving, I was supposed to get it back then but never got around to it. Dunno what happened to it or if its still there but I might try and find out about it again.

I'm doing some work for the Dublin diocese which involves visits to many convents (don't ask) and I was expecting to see loads of Starlets but so far I haven't seen one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Bigus

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Have that one saved actually (along with about 10 others!!) Hahahaha
    They certainly seem to shift fairly quickly. Most I have saved disappear within a day or two from Donedeal

They're being hoovered up for export, 20 years driving left in them with a few bush fixes.

Bigus wrote: »
    They're being hoovered up for export, 20 years driving left in them with a few bush fixes.
    Yeah, they certainly seem to be fairly bomb-proof alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

"A beautiful classic"

Well there's the first lie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

It is IMO, every other old, small Fiat is. They are very cool, again. That's a good one too, Sporting with the 1.1 engine and all the red bits. I couldn't part with €1300 for it personally but I'd say whoever does wont be disappointed. It's a shame it doesn't have the original 4 spike alloys.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement