Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wives... were you glad pubs weren't open today

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭irelandrover

....... wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Fair enough,

I leave for work at 8:45, home by 5:30. Throw on a wash in the morning maybe and hang it out when i get home. Head out for a run or a workout for an hour. Start cooking and clean/ tidy while stuff is cooking. My wife will tidy while I cook or vice versa. Eat and then we have 2-3 hours before we head to bed.

We have a cleaner every 2 weeks than does more of a deep clean. So pretty much no cleaning left to do at the weekend. I play soccer on sunday mornings and then do some maintenance/ gardening sunday afternoon. A bigger job will be every 2 months max. It generally leaves a full day Saturday free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Fair enough,

I leave for work at 8:45, home by 5:30. Throw on a wash in the morning maybe and hang it out when i get home. Head out for a run or a workout for an hour. Start cooking and clean/ tidy while stuff is cooking. My wife will tidy while I cook or vice versa. Eat and then we have 2-3 hours before we head to bed.

We have a cleaner every 2 weeks than does more of a deep clean. So pretty much no cleaning left to do at the weekend. I play soccer on sunday mornings and then do some maintenance/ gardening sunday afternoon. A bigger job will be every 2 months max. It generally leaves a full day Saturday free.

Funny that how 2 people in this thread have a cleaner every 2 weeks. Reek of bull**** in here is unreal.

Given it's not even an important topic I really don't get what saddos get out of making up **** to get a rise out of people.

Ive done the long commute thing before as well. You find other ways of saving time. We used get all our shopping delivered so we didnt have to go to the supermarket.

I still think you seem to spend a lot of time on chores for a house that 2 people live in.

• Advertisement

pilly wrote: »
    Funny that how 2 people in this thread have a cleaner every 2 weeks. Reek of bull**** in here is unreal.

Given it's not even an important topic I really don't get what saddos get out of making up **** to get a rise out of people.

Why the hell would i make up getting a cleaner every two weeks. It adds so little to my argument that it would be a pointless thing to make up.

And with the amount of people in this thread that have posted i'd say a lot more than 2 have a cleaner.

I value a free saturday more than I value the €45 for a cleaner. Therefore we have a cleaner.

Well yes, there are 2 of ye in the house. While you spend an hour cooking your partner cleans. Or while they cook, you clean. thats 5 hours cleaning a week and frees up the saturday. Unless both of ye cook for an hour every evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭RuMan

Ok you said you were made redundant. Presumably you're back at work now.

I'll be honest we're rarely in the house for long during the day on sat and sunday unless we have someone over.
    My wife and I will be doing various activities ourselves or bringing the kids to theirs. Late afternoon we'll call to friends /family , go the park, cinema, sporting event or something like that.

I cant comprehend how you could (or need to ) spend your whole weekend doing chores. They are done when we have time, if too busy do them next week.

Mon - Fri one or more of us will always have something on in the evening. Class , training etc.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

*Unless of course you have lots of money and essentially retire young, totally different scenario then and by all means give up work.

And spend the remainder of your years as an unpaid skivvy to your grandkids.

One word, a cleaner. You highlight how much you would like to not have to work so you can spend more time on your hobbies etc. Surely the 25 euro (or 12.50 each) every two weeks (or even every week if you are a bit of a clean freak) would be well worth it and far far far cheaper than giving up a salary.

I have far better things to be doing with my time than spending time cleaning so I pay for a cleaner.
    And spend the remainder of your years as an unpaid skivvy to your grandkids.

No problem whatsoever helping out my kids and preventing them paying extortionate childcare costs.

bubblypop wrote: »
    So, if in future your OH has to stay at home & mind a child /children, you believe she should have to come to you and ask you for money to buy anything?
    Seriously, it's like the 1950s in your world!

Bubblypop, he was outraged earlier in the thread at the thought of "asking for his own money"

He's trolling. He has to be. No woman in her right mind would put up with that attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

Honestly couldn't imagine anything more depressing then , sitting in a pub with out my OH every Friday / Saturday and coming home to sleep alone. I don't think i've ever been in a pub with out her tbh not my thing at all would much rather chill out at home with her having a takeaway and a cuddle on the couch any weekend.

The drink culture in this country is just sad to be honest.

Bubblypop, he was outraged earlier in the thread at the thought of "asking for his own money"

He's trolling. He has to be. No woman in her right mind would put up with that attitude.

I stopped feeding it a few pages back. Suggest others do the same.

Big difference between asking for your own money and asking for someone else's. It's been exaggerated far beyond what I meant also. Of course an amount of money would be available but if more was required from the earners disposable income then I think they should be giving it rather than it just being taken.
    Honestly couldn't imagine anything more depressing then , sitting in a pub with out my OH every Friday / Saturday and coming home to sleep alone. I don't think i've ever been in a pub with out her tbh not my thing at all would much rather chill out at home with her having a takeaway and a cuddle on the couch any weekend.

The drink culture in this country is just sad to be honest.

Each to their own but most people like to spend time and have the craic with friends. Sitting in chilling can be done one weekend night while the pub with friends can be done the other. Plenty of midweek nights for the pub too if you wish.

People on boards.ie must use their ovens a lot. I am in the same condo for 20 years and have never used the oven. The odd time that I need to, I use my toaster oven to make bread or muffins or whatever. It is easily cleaned;)

We find that cleaning up after ourselves as we go along means that housework is kept to a minimum.

• Advertisement

Or she is well aware of her legal rights once she is married, and is just waiting till the ring is on her finger to strike.

Or she is well aware of her legal rights once she is married, and is just waiting till the ring is on her finger to strike.

Possibly. Or, he may not have discussed his "plans" with her.

I still think/hope he's trolling. For his partner's sake.

Possibly. Or, he may not have discussed his "plans" with her.

I still think/hope he's trolling. For his partner's sake.
    Oh I'm pretty sure he is a gigantic troll.

Oh I'm pretty sure he is a gigantic troll.

Not much room for varying opinions in these parts. Don't agree with my way of thinking = troll :rolleyes:

Not much room for varying opinions in these parts. Don't agree with my way of thinking = troll :rolleyes:

Don't believe anyone actually living back in the 1950's has a long term partner = trolling.

Can you imagine the extended Nox family's reaction when she gets half the house built on "the land" in the divorce? Not to mention "his" money for child support?

Can you imagine the extended Nox family's reaction when she gets half the house built on "the land" in the divorce? Not to mention "his" money for child support?

Posts like this and I'm the one being accused of trolling.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

We lost sight of the OP days ago. This is just a handful of users shouting at each other along with one re-reg shouting at himself.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement