Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US considering Preemptive Strike against North Korea.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Ipso wrote: »
    Wasn't there historic talks back in 2000, and yet here we are!
    Normally this would be cause for relief, but it is North Korea we are dealing with (they think they will re-unite the peninsula for the glory of their workers).

Yes clearly some people might be jumping horse.

But still things look better than they did a few months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

CNN
    And this: #NorthKorea has suspended talks with South Korea, due to previously scheduled military drill by South Korea and the US - North Korean state news agency KCNA

And has threatened to cancel the US summit with Trump

Just goes to show if talks happen they are not going to be easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

You're flogging a dead horse Cheerful Spring...I told you this issue was a storm in a teacup with 2 loudmouths talking nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I hope these fall apart as I do not want Trump to get the recognition for it. He says its for World peace. Really then why do what you have done in the Middle East you moronic Buffoon. He thinks this will be his defining moment as president. I will tell you what Trumps defining moment is. It is causing cause that did not need to be caused in the Middle East between Israel and the Palestinians and getting loads of them killed that and dividing his own country more.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    I hope these fall apart as I do not want Trump to get the recognition for it.

You should read this sentence again and remember you are talking about the denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula.

Not wanting Trump to get credit for it (or anyone else for that matter, including Kim) is not a valid reason for hoping it falls apart.

• Advertisement

I hope these fall apart as I do not want Trump to get the recognition for it. He says its for World peace. Really then why do what you have done in the Middle East you moronic Buffoon. He thinks this will be his defining moment as president. I will tell you what Trumps defining moment is. It is causing cause that did not need to be caused in the Middle East between Israel and the Palestinians and getting loads of them killed that and dividing his own country more.

Nice one. And you probably think Trump's the cúnt.

Trump brought this on himself from breaking a deal with Iran that was working. North Korea I think now realises that Trump is going to be looking for denuclearisation guarantees right away, and they are not ready, yet, to meet his demands. North Korea was never going to give up its Nukes for nothing in return. This is going to be a difficult negotiation if this summit does happen?

Bob24 wrote: »
    You should read this sentence again and remember you are talking about the denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula.

Not wanting Trump to get credit for it (or anyone else for that matter, including Kim) is not a valid reason for hoping it falls apart.

True, but the reality is this was never going to be easy. If Trump and Kim do agree on terms that can only be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

If the entire Korean Peninsula enters a period of peace and prosperity then who gets the credit will be irrelevant IMO.

The decision on the US embassy in Jerusalem was at best wreckless. The actions of the Israeli army seemingly criminal, but I wouldn't connect it with Korea.

Bolton's comments linking North Korea and Libya were dumb and that's being kind.

One of the most retarded political moves ever.

"Denuclearize or you'll end up like Gaddafi."

Moron.

• Advertisement

One of the most retarded political moves ever.

"Denuclearize or you'll end up like Gaddafi."

Moron.
    yeah, As diplomatic as a kick up the arse on the way to the peace talks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

How is he blowing this?

I mean how stupid do you really have to be to blow this!?

*Trump I mean

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

How is he blowing this?

I mean how stupid do you really have to be to blow this!?

*Trump I mean

Seems someone told Kim America were planning to send ten + b52 bombers to simulate an attack on the north as part of the yearly military exercises in south Korea ,
    But they haven't actually sent any b52s .

I get the feelings the Chinese will want all talks cancelled and the status quo of the never ending Korean war keeps rumbling on for another few decades

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

North Kore summit in Singapore cancelled. For my mental well being, I'm going to assign this to the slight towards Pence rather than Bolton gaining greater influence.

North Kore summit in Singapore cancelled. For my mental well being, I'm going to assign this to the slight towards Pence rather than Bolton gaining greater influence.

A strong statement from Trump his ready for military action. He hasn't closed the door on talks yet. What North Korea does next will decide it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

There Goes Donald's noble peace prize

Well at least the commemorative coin doesn't have a date on it. They might be able to wheel them out if they have a meeting later this year.

Dd942D9UwAAPdg2.jpg

Ms

Was watching a little bit there on the BBC News that had Bill Clinton on it. Bill has just wrote a book with another writer about cyber terrorism and says this is a far bigger threat than North Korea. He said he hopes this all works out with North Korea so they his Government that is can concentrate on the real dangers to their country and the World.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

He’s not wrong about cyberterrorism, but given that DPRK is known to be quite fond of it, I would ‘t see the two as entirely unrelated. I also wouldn’t rate a nuclear DPRK as ‘not a real danger’, even if it is a less likely danger.

Further, i don’t see it as a zero-sum game. What the US’s Cybercommand gets up to is not really affected by what Eighth Army does.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,547 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

One can assume that the cyberwar rule-book and countermoves planning hasn't been dropped in the closed bottom drawer by the US.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Donald Trump really is one Arrogant pig. He thinks he can tell if he likes a person or not in the first five seconds and thinks he will know if the deal with Kim Jong Un will work or not in the first minute.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

On the plus side, Dennis Rodman has arrived in Singapore.

I hope these fall apart as I do not want Trump to get the recognition for it.

You wrote this a few weeks ago. Are you raging that the talks haven't fallen apart yet?

Don't worry. There's still time for it to collapse. But I'm sure you can find some other like-minded people to console each other if it all goes ok.

So what do people think about the way things are coming along!?

Was the friendly and positive summit just a media show for both leaders or are some things really about to change?

I am very cautiously optimistic but I find what’s going on very hard to decipher.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

An absolute triumph for Kim. He gets the adulation he craves in return for nothing but empty promises.

Will be intrigued as what will be happening for the two year anniversary of this thread.

DfdG3wUWkAErUcL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Bob24 wrote: »
    So what do people think about the way things are coming along!?

Was the friendly and positive summit just a media show for both leaders or are some things really about to change?

I am very cautiously optimistic but I find what’s going on very hard to decipher.

Meaningless symbolic guff. Kim will go back to sabre rattling and manufactured crises ina years time. This video explains his strategy:

fxotoole wrote: »
    Meaningless symbolic guff. Kim will go back to sabre rattling and manufactured crises ina years time. This video explains his strategy:

Yes, NK are good at this game, why continue testing when you've already got one to work!

• Advertisement
Advertisement