Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Battlefront II

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

weiland79 wrote: »
    You'd imagine there would be developers chomping at the bit to produce a killer star wars, story driven game(s). Whats the problem?
    When Disney bought LucasArts they shut down all internal development and switched to a licencing model for the franchise. Shortly after this, EA signed an exclusive deal with the company to develop future titles for an unknown period of time.

With the Visercal game changing hands and Battlefront II on the way, there's also Respawn's adventure game to look forward to although information on that seems pretty thin on the ground since it was only announced last year.

• weiland79 wrote: »
    You'd imagine there would be developers chomping at the bit to produce a killer star wars, story driven game(s). Whats the problem?

EAs style is multiplayer focused with micro transactions as a business model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

EA is a publisher with a lot of studios. EA don't actually make the games. There isn't any one style.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Just downloading this at the moment, it looks to me that EA were slated when they first released it but did a good job on It afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

Just downloading this at the moment, it looks to me that EA were slated when they first released it but did a good job on It afterwards.

Yeah they did a great job sorting it out,its actually very good at the moment,still log on a couple of times a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Can confirm, this video game kicks arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

My son bought the Celebration edition - an awful lot of content, and he's really enjoying it. I think that edition completely eliminates the requirement for loot boxes etc, as everything is unlocked from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭brady12

Started the campaign on this to scratch a Star Wars itch . Was really enjoying it at start buy I’m about 4 missions in now and has be buggiest game Iv ever played. Amount times Iv had restart to checkpoint after game doesn’t tigger an event to progress is ridiculous . I’m 20 hours into cyberpunk and it makes cyberpunk look like a work of perfection 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Glebee

brady12 wrote: »
    Started the campaign on this to scratch a Star Wars itch . Was really enjoying it at start buy I’m about 4 missions in now and has be buggiest game Iv ever played. Amount times Iv had restart to checkpoint after game doesn’t tigger an event to progress is ridiculous . I’m 20 hours into cyberpunk and it makes cyberpunk look like a work of perfection ��

Have played Battlefront 2 on and off since release but never played any of the single player campaign, just finished it off and cant say I remember hitting any bugs on PC anyway. What system are you playing on?

Advertisement