Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Battlefront II

Options
  • 12-04-2017 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The trailer has been leaked. No gameplay footage, and it will probably disappear at any moment... Anyway, one I'll be watching seeing as it has SP this time.

https://vimeo.com/212842535

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

So they are doing what Battlefront 1 should have done?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I guess they wanted to debut this at the Star Wars celebration thing at the weekend. Sure we will probably get additional details at the weekend at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

After BF1's flop I definitely won't be preordering.. Very skeptical so definitely waiting until others get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Daledge wrote: »
    After BF1's flop I definitely won't be preordering.. Very skeptical so definitely waiting until others get it.

I dont know what planet your living on but BF1 was no flop:D

Decent game that sold well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I'm no hardcore gamer, but I don't care abut missing depth or anything. I find Battlefront absolutely fantastic simply because it does the whole Star Wars thing so well. Yes some of the maps (for example Death Star) are just a stupid mess frag fest but I simply avoid those. Cargo is the only game I play and I guess I will be getting BF2, too. Ideally I'd want the FPS element to go VR but I don't think thats going to happen just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

EoinHef wrote: »
    I dont know what planet your living on but BF1 was no flop:D

Decent game that sold well

It's an OK game in its own right but it was a horrible misfire from EA/Dice.

Deliberately skeletal at release compared to Battlefield games and built around flogging DLC.

The player base also fell off a cliff - last time I checked there wasn't even a thousand people playing on PC versus almost ten times that for the much older BF4.

Biggest disappointment in years for me personally, played about 15-20 hours and was done with it, compared to 100's of hours in BF1 and BF2.

I think BF2 will basically be what the first game should have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

It's an OK game in its own right but it was a horrible misfire from EA/Dice.

Deliberately skeletal at release compared to Battlefield games and built around flogging DLC.

The player base also fell off a cliff - last time I checked there wasn't even a thousand people playing on PC versus almost ten times that for the much older BF4.

Biggest disappointment in years for me personally, played about 15-20 hours and was done with it, compared to 100's of hours in BF1 and BF2.

I think BF2 will basically be what the first game should have been.

I dont know about it being deliberately skeletal on release but seeing as they released it in and around the first new star wars movie release id imagine they had to ship by a certain date. And after BF4 they wanted it to ship relatively bug free so content suffered a bit.

I cant imagine PC being the market where they thought it would do best,too much competition there. People move on quickly from shooters on PC,just look at titanfall.

Can see why people might feel a bit short changed but personally i enjoyed it for the 30-40 or so hours i put into it. I paid €30 for the game awhile after release.

Its sold 13 million copies as well so cant really see how it could be called a flop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Wow it seems like the game we where all expecting from the first one! I bet they still **** it up

• Advertisement

Yeah, best not to get too optimistic, even if they're making the right noises.

Speaking of which... as I understand it, the SP sees you playing as an Imperial elite special forces agent, fighting on the ground in the Battle of Endor. You witness the destruction of the Death Star overhead, and vow bloody vengeance. Basically what I'm getting at is if they don't let you kill fecking Ewoks now, they never will! :pac:

Basically what I'm getting at is if they don't let you kill fecking Ewoks now, they never will! :pac:

Because Ewoks deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Not touching this game until I see that it actually has a decent amount of multiplayer content and a good campaign.

Got burned with Battlefront.

Not touching this game until I see that it actually has a decent amount of multiplayer content and a good campaign.

Got burned with Battlefront.

Agreed but the idea behind the campaign sounds awesome :)

Don't believe the marketing hype, and certainly don't pre-order, of course.

But this is most definitely interesting - the SP campaign is being written by the lead writer of Spec-Ops: The Line.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,382 ✭✭✭✭Penn

But this is most definitely interesting - the SP campaign is being written by the lead writer of Spec-Ops: The Line.

More important too, the story is going to be canon. That's pretty big considering we got to see a glimpse of Luke in the trailer which is likely part of the story. How it ties in with the rise of the First Order will be interesting as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

The soldier on the left at 0:31 :pac:

The soldier on the left at 0:31 :pac:

What am I missing?

Bit of a glitch with one of the stormtroopers I think... Second from the left, if it's the one I'm thinking of.

JackFrags' impressions (he was at the Orlando event).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Bit of a glitch with one of the stormtroopers I think... Second from the left, if it's the one I'm thinking of.

That is the one indeed. Something I noticed and thought I'd share it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Darth Maul!

EDIT:

The rebel scum are trying to take it down. MIRROR: https://vid.me/3nZW

Gameplay trailer they released is quite cool, actually looks like BF2 will be the game that fans wanted the rebooted Battlefront to be in the first place.

Looks basically like the original Battlefront 2 with better graphics and a decent single player campaign....exactly what I personally wanted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Tenner says no one will be playing it a month after launch, just like the current one. I cannot express in words how much of a Star Wars fan I am, but that last game was just so boring. How can you make Star Wars boring?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I actually fell asleep during the gameplay of Battlefront 2. Yes, I was tired :p however I wasn't falling into the "looks amazing" pre-order trap. I am looking for depth. Something that keeps me coming back again and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ugh, cards again. **** sake.

Kiith wrote: »
    Ugh, cards again. **** sake.

Pay to win cards at that :(

I think closed beta begins this morning.

Also, servers are back up for the original BF2 (now called Star Wars Battlefront 2 Classic), presumably as a sort of promotion to create more buzz about the new Battlefront 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Open beta is tomorrow till Monday.

Advertisement