Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mafia/Werewolf Championship - Sign Up

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i shall watch highlander 2 this evening

(said no one ever)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Tigger wrote: »
    any chance you'll sign up to WW11?

I'd love to, but I really won't have the time to play this game or (depending when in May it takes place) the next game eithier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

So sending tigger as champion and gufc as back up incase tigger gets incarcerated in real life

I have to send this by the 23rd of april so are we agreed on this or is there any objections?

andy125 wrote: »
    So sending tigger as champion and gufc as back up incase tigger gets incarcerated in real life

I have to send this by the 23rd of april so are we agreed on this or is there any objections?

I've no charges pending

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Agreed!! Best of luck!!

• Advertisement

So we should speak now or forever hold our peace?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

that sounds so ritualistic

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Thingyman

Update on The Mafia Championship

Exciting news: We are expanding to 150 participating communities, which is more than last season. In fact, we may even go for 165 communities depending on how some invitations go.

On that note, if you know of a community that might be interested in participating and isn't on the list in the linked post, let me know and I'll be happy to give them an invitation: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/7692-Season-4-The-Time-Is-Now!?p=1070949&viewfull=1#post1070949

Since none of the representatives chosen at this point have indicated that they can only play if their game starts April 24, I have made the decision that the qualifying phase won't begin until May 1st in order to allow me more time to get everything properly organized and to get all representatives properly prepared. This will have no impact on the overall schedule for this season; the qualifying phase will still be wrapped up by early July, after which we dive into the wildcard games followed by the finale game.

Finally, to communities that haven't elected a representative yet: Remember that your deadline for electing a representative is April 23.

Having thought about it a little more I reckon we send thingyman he seems super organised and is really sneaky I havent even noticed him playing in our games

• Registered Users Posts: 16,246 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

fair play tigger and gufc for nominating yourselves. and remember tigger, as wc fields said, 'If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull$hit'

• Advertisement

fair play tigger and gufc for nominating yourselves. and remember tigger, as wc fields said, 'If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull$hit'

I live fields :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Go for it Tigger! Use your Tiggy-sense and don't forget to mess with their heads :D

UPDATE ON MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP

Originally, the plan was for this season to feature 135 communities. We will now have 165 participating communities, which means that this season alone we will have more different communities represented than all other seasons combined. Approximately 60 communities are participating for the very first time. Of the returning communities, about a dozen of them are resending a previous representative, while the rest are all sending fresh faces.

As a result of how big this season has gotten, we'll have more games to look forward to than ever before. We will have 11 qualifying games, 2 wildcard games and 1 finale game = 14 games in total.

All kinds of communities are partipating. Besides the sites dedicated specifically to mafia, we have forums dedicated to popular entertainment, sports, poker, board games, online games, video games, role playing, LEGO, personality type testing, stick figure animations, science, atheism, music, mathematics, comics, students, etc. Some of these communities started playing mafia more than a decade ago; Others just started this year.

Despite this being a forum event, we will also have communities that play the game via various chat clients (Discord, Telegram, IRC, custom, etc.) and via webcam (with games often streamed on Twitch.tv). And not least, there are communities centered around mafia game variants that you can buy on Steam (Town of Salem and Throne of Lies).

This season will also have the biggest international scope yet. For the very first time we will have representatives from Romania, Hungary, Chile, Portugal, Ukraine and Czechia as well as our first person representing a Japanese community. We even have our first Native American. 

In addition to this, we of course welcome back countries such as USA, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, Poland, Italy, Indonesia, South Africa and Ireland, meaning that we'll have more than 20 different countries represented in total.

Next update: I am hoping very much I will have all the info I need from all of the representatives by Wednesday at the latest next week. Assuming I do, I will schedule all the qualifying games on this day and get back to you with your representative's start date.

FINAL UPDATE

Your representative has been slotted into this game below.

GAME 11 @ JUNE 12 (36/12 Phase Lengths w/ 4 PM EST deadline)
    @Alohomora (Werwolf Online)
    @Awaclus (Dominion Strategy)
    @Boquise (MafiaManiac)
    @deoxygenated (GreyWolf Amnesia)
    @Helios Garabandia (Further Entertainment)
    @Legion (PlayDota)
    @myc (readmore)
    @OP8 (MindRomp)
    @Panther (Fifth Avenue Forum)
    @PokemonKidRyan (Throne of Lies)
    @Slaan (CivForum)
    @Sooh (Dragonmount)
    @SpaceMunkey82 (MyBroadband)
    @Tigger (Boards.ie)
    @User7 (MTG-Forum)

Do you wish to spectate and/or talk with players from other communities?
    We have a big chat on Discord (300+ members) for those that want to spectate and talk about these games. The representatives will be added to this channel too after they die. Or if you just want to chat with people from other communities, we have a general chat too that is unrelated to the Mafia Championship.

1) CLICK HERE TO JOIN: https://discord.gg/zdeEhcg
    2) Tag one of the red or blue people in the chat (write [MENTION=8963]Thingyman[/MENTION] or @staff for example), let them know who you are and from what community, and they'll give you the necessary permissions to see the spectator channel. This is necessary to avoid the wrong people (the representatives and their backups) joining the channel.

You don't need to have Discord installed in order to join the channel, as there is a web version.

Do you want to have your own private community spectator chat?
    This is definitely both allowed and encouraged. However, I ask that you please do everything possible to make this chat private and inaccessible to your representative, backup and your representative's opponents. It's important that your thoughts and comments don't influence the game. In other words, please don't post about the game in public threads -- this is very important.

Where do I get more info?
    Refer to this thread: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/7692-Season-4-The-Time-Is-Now%21

This thread will tell you all the details about this season. It also includes the list of participating communities and their representatives.

If you need to get in contact with me, my Skype is "thingyman" and my Discord is "Thingyman#6075". From this point on I will be checking in less on the various sites. I will make sure to pop in again though when your representative's game starts and post a link :)

Thingyman wrote: »
    FINAL UPDATE

Your representative has been slotted into this game below.

GAME 11 @ JUNE 12 (36/12 Phase Lengths w/ 4 PM EST deadline)
    @Alohomora (Werwolf Online)
    @Awaclus (Dominion Strategy)
    @Boquise (MafiaManiac)
    @deoxygenated (GreyWolf Amnesia)
    @Helios Garabandia (Further Entertainment)
    @Legion (PlayDota)
    @myc (readmore)
    @OP8 (MindRomp)
    @Panther (Fifth Avenue Forum)
    @PokemonKidRyan (Throne of Lies)
    @Slaan (CivForum)
    @Sooh (Dragonmount)
    @SpaceMunkey82 (MyBroadband)
    @Tigger (Boards.ie)
    @User7 (MTG-Forum)

Do you wish to spectate and/or talk with players from other communities?
    We have a big chat on Discord (300+ members) for those that want to spectate and talk about these games. The representatives will be added to this channel too after they die. Or if you just want to chat with people from other communities, we have a general chat too that is unrelated to the Mafia Championship.

1) CLICK HERE TO JOIN: https://discord.gg/zdeEhcg
    2) Tag one of the red or blue people in the chat (write [MENTION=8963]Thingyman[/MENTION] or @staff for example), let them know who you are and from what community, and they'll give you the necessary permissions to see the spectator channel. This is necessary to avoid the wrong people (the representatives and their backups) joining the channel.

You don't need to have Discord installed in order to join the channel, as there is a web version.

Do you want to have your own private community spectator chat?
    This is definitely both allowed and encouraged. However, I ask that you please do everything possible to make this chat private and inaccessible to your representative, backup and your representative's opponents. It's important that your thoughts and comments don't influence the game. In other words, please don't post about the game in public threads -- this is very important.

Where do I get more info?
    Refer to this thread: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/7692-Season-4-The-Time-Is-Now%21

This thread will tell you all the details about this season. It also includes the list of participating communities and their representatives.

If you need to get in contact with me, my Skype is "thingyman" and my Discord is "Thingyman#6075". From this point on I will be checking in less on the various sites. I will make sure to pop in again though when your representative's game starts and post a link :)

7 weeks to study up on my victims :)

Cool, I've joined the Discord thing now and I'm looking forward to the game! :)

Cool, I've joined the Discord thing now and I'm looking forward to the game! :)

I've just registered too but I can't find you without the four digit tag. Guess it's the same for all of us

I've just registered too but I can't find you without the four digit tag. Guess it's the same for all of us

Did you register with the same username as here? Mine is also mahamageehad there and the tag thing is #7853. I was able to find necro already there.

Did you register with the same username as here? Mine is also mahamageehad there and the tag thing is #7853. I was able to find necro already there.

Never mind, found you! It's like a different world over there though, no idea what's going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Oooh I'm very confused about what's happening on Discord thing. It's so scary!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Never mind, found you! It's like a different world over there though, no idea what's going on!

Yep, I'm really interested yet terrified all at the same time!!

Are we all adding each other as friends? Where are the live game threads then so we can watch?

I've just sent ya a friend to request. I even worked out how to add a profile pic!

Got it Stawbs. My only friend so far. Lol. Still can't find the live game thread tho.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Got it Stawbs. My only friend so far. Lol. Still can't find the live game thread tho.

Hey Molly this is the live game thread:

http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/8186-Season-4-Game-1-Snails-The-Mafia-Championship?p=1110846#post1110846

Gonna need a cheat sheet for the acronyms in these games.

I know right? Have we been playing wrong? :confused: I have no idea what's happening in either the discord or the game. Scumhunting?? RVS?? LYLO?? MYLO??

More so than anything, it feels super duper meta. Tigger will love that lol. :pac:

Yeah this stuff is way over my skill level. There's a serious amount of meta going on and discussion of motives and psychology. It's totally up Tigger's street. I would be lost playing there.

• Advertisement

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Yeah this stuff is way over my skill level. There's a serious amount of meta going on and discussion of motives and psychology. It's totally up Tigger's street. I would be lost playing there.

Got your friend request too Molly! :)

Ok, what I love so far is the automated vote history and post count in phase stuff that it looks like anyone can request at any time. Example.

The amount of posts in the Discord thing is insane. I'm trying to talk to them now, I swear we don't even speak the same language. Looks like most play on a number of forums, mainly dedicated sites for the game. I barely have time to keep up with 1 game here! The timing of other games is also way longer, games seem to have a 36 or 48 hour day phase!

Advertisement