Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mafia/Werewolf Championship - Sign Up

Options
  • 08-04-2017 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

So i just got a pm inviting our group to the Mafia Championship, an annual online tournament series that pits representatives from various forum Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet's greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and become their Champion.
    The tournament structure:
    135 communities will participate, each sending one representative.
    8 Qualifying Games will be played consisting of 15 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifying Game. 1 player will advance directly to the Finale Game from each Qualifying Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. I.e. 9 of the 15 finalists will be found this way.
    A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 3 will along with me discuss and vote to determine a group of 30 wildcard players who will play in 2 Semi Final Wildcard Games. From each of these two games, three players will directly advance to the Finale Game.
    The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall hold the title of Season 4 Champion.

Full information found here http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/7692-Season-4-The-Time-Is-Now%21
    Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis.

I guess the best way to pick someone to represent our group is if you are interested please post here with your expression of interest and in a couple of days we will have a poll on who to send to the championships, whoever is second in the poll will be sent as a backup to the poll winner should they have to pull out for any reason.

The first qualifying game starts 23rd of April but i have been informed are participant will not be starting in that one and they will be sent a doodle to arrange the best time for their game which would be between May and July .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Thingyman

Thank you, Andy :)

I'll be following along here. Lemme know if any of you have questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Thingyman wrote: »

whats mountainious

Tigger wrote: »

whats mountainious

It means there are no special roles or power roles - or whatever you call it here :). I.e. no roles with night actions (except the werewolves' kill each night).

For the specific setup used here, it'll be 3 Vanilla Werewolves vs. 12 Vanilla Villagers.

It means there are no special roles or power roles - or whatever you call it here :). I.e. no roles with night actions (except the werewolves' kill each night).

For the specific setup used here, it'll be 3 Vanilla Werewolves vs. 12 Vanilla Villagers.

roles revealed on death ?

do you have the option not to vote or to vote no lynch like in last years tourney?

are the game threads watchable live or do you only open them up when they are over?

• Advertisement

Roles/alignments revealed upon death, yes.

You can choose to not vote or to vote "no lynch", yes.

The game threads are indeed watchable live. Part of the fun is that we usually have a huge spectator chat. It used to be on Skype where we had like 150+ people or something watching, but this season it'll be on Discord as that seems to be where all the cool kids are nowadays :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Super interested in following along and watching, defo wouldn't be the main choice to represent our group though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭tritium

Just spent a bit of time over on their site. They have some really nice stuff over there :). Thingyman, great job on that site! Like mahama will definitely be watching this to see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Modbot ftw

tritium wrote: »
    Just spent a bit of time over on their site.  They have some really nice stuff over there :).  Thingyman, great job on that site!   Like mahama will definitely be watching this to see how it goes.
    Thanks. Can't take too much credit though, we've got a wizard who does all the coding for it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Very Cool!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

dont think i would have the skills or time, but will tune in. who will volunteer? a very high pressure game to be sure. the eyes of the world on you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭andy125

dont think i would have the skills or time, but will tune in. who will volunteer? a very high pressure game to be sure. the eyes of the world on you

Stop scaring off the sign ups :P

Of which we have none

My vote is for tigger, please step forward

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

andy125 wrote:
    My vote is for tigger, please step forward

Seconded, I'd also support a nomination for CTK

If they provide the beer im in :D

I vote Stoogie

Only joking Ill provide my own beer

Nah Tiggers my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'd also vote Tigger first

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i aint gonna nominate anyone. think if someone is interested they should volunteer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭andy125

They need to know by the 13th of April if we are participating and the 23rd of April who is our chosen one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Vote Tigger to go forth and represent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Unleash the cracke......

I mean, i vote tigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭tritium

For our rep id pick one of cross, tigger, andy, stoogie

Given the format id vote cross from that list.

(Assuming theyre able to play this of course)

Actually you're right trit. The format may not suit tigger. Happy with any of those 4 tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

This is awesome. I'm 100% not available and would probably cack my pants if I were taking part but I will certainly be watching in.
    I wouldn't like to nominate anyone coz it should be voluntary but I think we have a large number of fantastic players that would all be worthy to represent our community. :)

This is really exciting. How cool that the boardsies have been noticed?

Need to hear from some people who are interested in representing us. C'mon, don't be shy.

Indeed, don't be shy :)
    While I'm sure the concept can sound a bit elitist and it might scare some people away, the real purpose of the whole thing is to create bonds and new friendships between not just individual people, but whole communities as well. It's about fun and cheering on your rep :)

Indeed, don't be shy :)
    While I'm sure the concept can sound a bit elitist and it might scare some people away, the real purpose of the whole thing is to create bonds and new friendships between not just individual people, but whole communities as well. It's about fun and cheering on your rep :)

We have a game starting here on the 23rd only 24hours to sign up :D

Purely to get the shy guys to step out of the shadows of not wanting to sound big headed, ye know who ye are. Step up and be counted :D

I will put myself forward for consideration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

fair play, is that our 1st volinteer. go gufc.

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    fair play, is that our 1st volinteer. go gufc.

What District is he from?

Advertisement