Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLOW [Netflix]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Funny seeing the TV Exec. without enormous hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,818 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I think it started well.. but found myself cringing a lot towards the end.

Maron was great though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Thought it was excellent start to finish.

I liked Debbies story. How she felt that it should all be done for her and eventually her getting it and realising that you need to work hard to get good at it.

Sam Sylivia was a prick, but a well played character. "Im sorry I tried to fúck you" probably the best line of the series.

Alison Brie stole the show entirely though. She was incredible in it with her best scene being where she showed Debbie how their match would play out and basically wrestled herself. There was a Leslie Knope quality to her enthusiasm about it all.

I enjoyed the secondary characters as well, particularly Sheila, Brittanica and "Beirut".

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

2 Episodes in, its good but not grabbing me fully to get me invested enough to continue,

Should I keep going?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

2 Episodes in, its good but not grabbing me fully to get me invested enough to continue,

Should I keep going?

Keep watching it. The fact episodes are only half an hour long makes it easier.

• Advertisement

KKkitty wrote: »
    Keep watching it. The fact episodes are only half an hour long makes it easier.

Ill keep going but I will find my interest dropping and being grabbed by other potential shows. I'm tempted to drop it.

Orphan Black is one BTW

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Never heard of Alison Brie before but I think I'm in love with her after watching some of Glow, she's beautiful.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Never heard of Alison Brie before but I think I'm in love with her after watching some of Glow, she's beautiful.

Watch community so!!!

Jaysus.. if you think she's gorgeous in GLOW, watch Community..

#anniesboobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

If anything she is made down in GLOW. Which is an achievement in itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

#boobs

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I've got through 6 episodes and I can't say I'm loving it, but I don't hate it either. I've never been able to warm to Alison Brie for some reason so that's not helping. I like everyone else though. I'll probably keep watching but I'm not dying to watch the next episode after one ends.

Finished it there tonight. I enjoyed the scenes where the ensemble cast were all together and the wrestling scenes but anytime they veered off into the personal stuff I found myself losing interest. I'd probably watch a second season but I wouldn't care if it wasn't renewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭rodders999

Watched the lot (including the documentary which gives a good insight into some of the characters the show is based around) last week. Really enjoyed it and looking forward to see where they take it in season 2.

^Watched the documentary there this morning. It's a great companion piece to the show, you can see the influences very clearly. Shame the director and producer didn't want to be interviewed for it.

Still haven't bothered watching anything past episode 2, think I may come back to this eventually but for now its on the backburner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Great first season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

It's an okay show, gets better as the season goes on.

Ive watched another episode, that 3 now. Again its good, but not good enough to make me want to watch more, it just kinda goes at a slow pace for a short show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 willwe

I thought it was so good, one of the best comedy dramas on Netflix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,584 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm absolutely delighted it got renewed for a second season.

Hopefully we'll see more of #AnniesBoobs.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Just finished watching this last night really enjoyed it. Short, snappy, uncomplicated good fun. Was shocked to discover Britannica is played by Kate Nash, I didn't recognise her at all, and I never thought she'd look that good naked! And last but not least, line of the series for me has to be: "F*ck my mother in her f*cking c*nt!" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Saw the trailer months ago and forgot all about it. Just remembered seeing this thread or some positive reviews somewhere.

Then said I'd watch the first episode while waiting for Star Trek to drop last week.

Needless to say... I've seen a bunch more Glow this week than Star Trek! :)

I thought it was really well done. What a top soundtrack as well. Under Pressure like!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Season 2 starts filming this week

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looking forward to more.. though definitely didn't enjoy the first series as much as some.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

That music choice! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Slydice wrote: »
    That music choice! :D

Yeah it really should've been the Mark McCabe version. :pac:
    But I suppose they had to keep with the time period.

The way they entered in their costumes instantly made me think of that Peter Kay Amarillo video. At least Alison did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah it really should've been the Mark McCabe version. :pac:
    But I suppose they had to keep with the time period.

The way they entered in their costumes instantly made me think of that Peter Kay Amarillo video. At least Alison did

You can't buy, stream or licence that version. the owners of the 4 rythem version have blocked it all.

Advertisement