Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread VI - Stander Up and Fight

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

John Hayes Ligind
    Riskymove wrote: »
    I am not sure that the laws recognize different types of reckless but I am sure it is possible to devise a range of offences with different penalties

Lowe wasn't cited for "reckless play" though, he was cited for something very specific.

Other sports do, indeed, have set penalties. Quite often ludicrously short ones. I have no issue with rugby choosing to decide each suspension on its own merits to be honest and I don't really see the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

A new born king to see POM POM POM POM POM
    as I have said where players get a red or pick up a number of yellows or whatever, I see no issue with a ban without a hearing

where the body feels something more serious occurred they can then do a hearing
    I really dont see why its a problem that rugby see's each incident of foul play like this worthy of its own discipline hearing.
    I dont think a ban without a hearing should just happen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I really dont see why its a problem that rugby see's each incident of foul play like this worthy of its own discipline hearing.

is every red card subject to a hearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

John Hayes Ligind

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Yes. no matter what level. if red card is given there is a discipline hearing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Both counts pretty harsh on Wycherley IMO, after last week he's first on the team sheet for me.
    Agree with that to an extent, but he will have to bide his time a bit this season with Holland still having plenty of justification for selection in the bank.
    Next season could be a big season for him.
    Probably will be Holland’s successor for 5\6 cover behind Beirne and O’Mahony.
    I also think Coombes could overtake Botha next season for backup 6\8 behind O’Mahony and Stander.
    Bright futures for the two West Cork lads!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,302 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

There can even be suspensions with no red card or citing heating.

See Dave ward last week

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Defunkd

I'm not sure what problem we're trying to fix?
    The issue of good behaviour at the hearing (via Skype?) being a 2 week mitigating factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

John Hayes Ligind
    Defunkd wrote: »
    The issue of good behaviour at the hearing (via Skype?) being a 2 week mitigating factor.

It's not a 2 week mitigating factor.

Jaysus this thread is making my head hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Wonder if Munster will change their style of play this weekend :rolleyes:

http://twitter.com/offtheball/status/1080389853718687746

• Advertisement

yerrahbah wrote: »

I’d take it as a compliment, Munster are so physical that recent opponents resorted to illegal play to match them.
    The Munster pack are doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

yerrahbah wrote: »

Clearly sides are so bored with Munsters lack of inventiveness on the ball, they’re resorting to violence to spice things up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Psycho Killer - "Hands Away" (Prop-Prop-Prrrroppp-Prop, Prop-Prop-Prop-Prrrrrrop-Prop)
    Team for tomorrow. No surprise to see Killer and Haley rested. I am surprised that Murray and Carbery aren't getting more game time together though. And I have a feeling that the center partnership could be the one starting next week.

Munster: Andrew Conway; Keith Earls, Chris Farrell, Dan Goggin, Alex Wootton; Joey Carbery, Alby Mathewson; Jeremy Loughman, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Tadhg Beirne; Peter O’Mahony (C), Tommy O’Donnell, Arno Botha.

Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, Dave Kilcoyne, Stephen Archer, Billy Holland, CJ Stander, Conor Murray, Tyler Bleyendaal, Sammy Arnold.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,098 ✭✭✭✭phog

Team for tomorrow. No surprise to see Killer and Haley rested. I am surprised that Murray and Carbery aren't getting more game time together though. And I have a feeling that the center partnership could be the one starting next week.

Munster: Andrew Conway; Keith Earls, Chris Farrell, Dan Goggin, Alex Wootton; Joey Carbery, Alby Mathewson; Jeremy Loughman, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Tadhg Beirne; Peter O’Mahony (C), Tommy O’Donnell, Arno Botha.

Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, Dave Kilcoyne, Stephen Archer, Billy Holland, CJ Stander, Conor Murray, Tyler Bleyendaal, Sammy Arnold.

Strong team - great to see Farrell back. Billy to make his 200th cap tomorrow evening.

Kilcoyne is on the bench.

Haley and Scannell are being rested, and looks like Marshall hasn't recovered yet.
    Surprised that Wootton starting ahead of Sweetnam, but nothing between them and maybe the Irish coaches want to see Earls on the right wing as often as possible?

Looks likely that the 23 for Gloucester will be:
    15. Haley, 14. Conway, 13. Farrell, 12. Scannell, 11. Earls, 10. Carbery, 9. Murray, 8. Stander, 7. O'Donnell, 6. O'Mahony, 5. Beirne, 4. Kleyn, 3. Ryan, 2. Scannell, 1. Kilcoyne,
    Subs: 16. O'Byrne/Marshall, 17. Loughman, 18. Archer, 19. Holland/Wycherley, 20. Botha, 21. Mathewson, 22. Bleyendaal, 23. Wootton/Sweetnam/Goggin/Arnold.

Taute must be desperate for game time, not looking good for him now to be kept on after this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

John Hayes Ligind
    Must be disheartening for Whycherly after putting that performance in against Leinster to have Holland jump ahead again, Holland doesn't offer much off the bench.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Psycho Killer - "Hands Away" (Prop-Prop-Prrrroppp-Prop, Prop-Prop-Prop-Prrrrrrop-Prop)
    Kilcoyne is on the bench.

I'm aware of that, but he's not starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

case885 wrote: »
    Must be disheartening for Whycherly after putting that performance in against Leinster to have Holland jump ahead again, Holland doesn't offer much off the bench.

Or is Whycherly been given a rest after two big physical performance and will be on the bench next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Match thread: https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057942942/2/#post109033229

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

John Hayes Ligind
    Tomtom364 wrote:
    Or is Whycherly been given a rest after two big physical performance and will be on the bench next week?

I'd hope so, Holland shouldn't be in our euro 23 unless injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Holland offers a hell of a lot, tackles all day and arguably the best leader we have in the squad. Does the nuts and bolts right, something which we couldn't do last weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 21,630 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Deysel powered va JJ
    Was reading the Leicester fan forum there, they all seem to be pointing at Taute as a target they've been in talks with

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Was reading the Leicester fan forum there, they all seem to be pointing at Taute as a target they've been in talks with

Munster need to start making unpopular moves and shift players in a few positions, centre is one of them. They just have too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

I'd be happy for him, he was brilliant when we needed him & he'd make up a seriously physical centre partnership with Tuilagi.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

troyzer wrote: »
    Munster need to start making unpopular moves and shift players in a few positions, centre is one of them. They just have too many.

I think people are generally understanding when a player who isn't getting much game time and is down the pecking order moves on. Thinking Duncan Casey as a recent example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Don't really know how 5 is too many, you're always going to have 1 or 2 injured.

Leinster have Ringrose, Henshaw, ROL, Reid, Daly (McFadden is listed as one but I won't include him as I don't think he really plays there)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Don't really know how 5 is too many, you're always going to have 1 or 2 injured.

Leinster have Ringrose, Henshaw, ROL, Reid, Daly (McFadden is listed as one but I won't include him as I don't think he really plays there)

Daly was moved on and the rest of them get regular game time.

Munster have five scrumhalves on the books as well, insane numbers

I have no idea how the IRFU approved Mathewson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

John Hayes Ligind
    Taute is an NIQ and he's nowhere near the first team. He's outta here, the only question is where he goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭BoardAtWork

There are plenty of contracts that won't be renewed this season. The squad will be thinned out a decent bit.

• Advertisement

Taute moving on would make sense.
    12. Scannell/Goggin and 13. Farrell/Arnold probably the current form centre rotations,
    and Shane Daly coming through now with a few more centers in the academy.
    If Taute could pick up a loan to another club now and transfer at the end of the season would be a decent plan, as he’s wasted otherwise.

Similar stories for Sherry, Keatley and Hart, and Oliver and Nash must be looking at their options now too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement