Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman spends 25k of Banks money and has to pay back just 1000.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

More people would spend that money than take someones car thats someones personal car. can put a name on it. Going to your bank machine and seen en extra 25k on the screen is different. As for leaving a car in my drive if he wrapped it in a big red ribbon and dropped the keys in the letterbox id take it. Thats how she felt looking at 25k in her account
    Ah come on!

She saw an extra 50k in her bank account. She never thought that it actually belonged to someone else, that a mistake somewhere led to 50k that she didn't own being lodged into her account?

Most people seeing an extra 100 euro in their account would try to find out where it came from and not rush out to spend it, not to mind 50k finding its way into their account.

She bloody well knew that it didn't belong to her yet proceeded to spend it anyway. There is no other even remotely reasonable explanation other than she stole it, knowingly spending what wasn't hers is stealing, simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Anyone here who claims that, having noticed an extra 25 grand in their account, they wouldn't be thinking "oooh, what to do..." is talking utter sh*te...

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

I think there are far better cases before the court to get yourself worked up over OP.

So, a single mother, who probably never has had fook all, notices a 51k windfall in her bank account, and proceeds to spend like she never has before? I'd be shocked if she had phoned the bank and offered to give it back, now that would be worthy of a headline in the paper.

She didn't set out to rob a bank, she saw an opportunity and took it, a mistake maybe, but a bit much calling her a scumbag. The banks have been robbing us for years, I get a little bit of comfort out of knowing they will have to foot a 24k bill for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

How did she drop 25k in Dunnes, New Look and Schuh in one week. She must have hired a lorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

rustynutz wrote: »
    The banks have been robbing us for years, I get a little bit of comfort out of knowing they will have to foot a 24k bill for this.

The antics of the banks have nothing to do with this. Somebody else's money got lodged to her account and she spent it.

I suppose if your wages got wired to my account in error and I blew them, you'd be on here trumpeting in congratulation about me Beating The System right?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

davmol wrote: »
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/820509/dublin-single-mum-who-went-on-massive-spending-spree-after-bank-accidentally-put-e51k-in-account-dodges-jail/#comments
    It seems this country goes from being a joke to a downright Farce.
    Not only is there stories every single day of people getting 15k to 50k payouts for non sensical reasons(and who are obviously abusing the system) but now a woman who knew she was stealing from the bank gets to pay back only 1K of a 25K amount that she stole.
    Every day this country makes me more and more p1ssed off with thiefs and people who are basically taking the p1ss and getting huge insurance payouts.
    She gets community service and a suspended sentence but why shouldn't she have to pay back the money??
    That Lady is not Guilty of a Crime in my Opinion Did the Garda put Pressure on The Lady to Plead Guilty?:confused: . It was the Banks Fault in the First Place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

The antics of the banks have nothing to do with this. Somebody else's money got lodged to her account and she spent it.

I suppose if your wages got wired to my account in error and I blew them, you'd be on here trumpeting in congratulation about me Beating The System right?

If the bank accidentally transferred my wages into your account and you spent them? more power to ya, the banks mistake so they are going to refund me, just like they will refund the 25k to who ever owned the money this lady spent. :D win win, well except for the banks, and like I already said, it's hard to have sympathy for them after you know, the whole saddled this country with debts we will never be able to pay back thing

The person whose Money was Careless Lodged in the Young Ladies bank account should Sue the Bank for Stress. The Young Lady Should also Sue for Mental Stress over the Banks Incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,740 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

The exact same people saying they would spend it are the same people complaining about the "crooks" in government and in charge of the banks.

Is it any wonder the people you choose to lead you are crooks if you yourself see no problem with being one?

The logical disconnect these people are capable of is astounding

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

SteM wrote: »
    Jeez, €25k in 9 days. That was some spending spree. How are they not docking her social welfare to start retrieving the money?
    You would , kind of have to admire that kind of spending in 9 days....I'd be no good at that kind of thing . I'd need help.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,740 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

The Law is A Joke.

Aww are you still bitter that your case against the school to ban kids playing chasing got thrown out?

dbagman wrote: »
    150 hours community service. Less than 4 weeks work and she's 24k better off. Where do I send my CV??
    How are you at contract killings........It helps if you are multi-skilled.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

The person whose Money was Careless Lodged in the Young Ladies bank account should Sue the Bank for Stress. The Young Lady Should also Sue for Mental Stress over the Banks Incompetence.

And sue for being from Finglas ;)

The Bank in question should be Ashamed of Themselves over there Incompetence which caused a young lady to get a Criminal Record ........... And 15 Years Ago my Bank put 250000 EUROS/ Quarter of Million/ Into my Bank Account by Mistake......

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

I think there are far better cases before the court to get yourself worked up over OP.

So, a single mother, who probably never has had fook all, notices a 51k windfall in her bank account, and proceeds to spend like she never has before? I'd be shocked if she had phoned the bank and offered to give it back, now that would be worthy of a headline in the paper.

She didn't set out to rob a bank, she saw an opportunity and took it, a mistake maybe, but a bit much calling her a scumbag. The banks have been robbing us for years, I get a little bit of comfort out of knowing they will have to foot a 24k bill for this.
    Oh please stop with your BS.She is a thieving opportunist.No better than these banks you are going on about.Is it because she is a poor single mother that the crime is less offensive?
    If it was someone from the southside with a decent Job all the 'poor single mother' apologists would be up in arms.She should get the book thrown at her and be sent to prison like anyone else.
    Funny how in this country everyone brings the banks into it and blames them for all our problems.

The Bank in question should be Ashamed of Themselves over  there Incompetence which caused a young lady to get a Criminal  Record ........... And 15 Years Ago my Bank put 250000 EUROS/ Quarter of Million/    Into my Bank Account by Mistake......
    Have you never made a mistake in your life?
    The bank contacted her to get the money back.She ignored them and spent spent spent.They only one that should be ashamed is that thieving greedy woman.

Oh please stop with your BS.She is a thieving opportunist.No better than these banks you are going on about.Is it because she is a poor single mother that the crime is less offensive?
    If it was someone from the southside with a decent Job all the 'poor single mother' apologists would be up in arms.She should get the book thrown at her and be sent to prison like anyone else.
    Funny how in this country everyone brings the banks into it and blames them for all our problems.

Do you think there are no single mothers on the southside of Dublin ? Do you honestly belive everyone in Finglas are scamming ?? I thought you were just joking really.

The person whose Money was Careless  Lodged in the Young Ladies bank account should Sue the Bank for Stress.                            The Young Lady Should also Sue for Mental Stress over the Banks Incompetence.
    Definitely the stupidest comment ive ever read.

• Advertisement

You'd kind of like to be put in 'This Situation " just to see if temptation would get the better of you.............

And....... breath.... well done, let it all out. We are all here for you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭cocaliquid

Quiet clever she new what she was doing. She gave Bank of Ireland the 2 fingers.

cocaliquid wrote: »
    Quiet clever she new what she was doing. She gave Bank of Ireland  the 2 fingers.
    Yea, burn the banks.Everything is their fault.
    People should be robbing them every day and just give them the 2 fingers

And....... breath.... well done, let it all out. We are all here for you :D
    It was a perfectly dignified and calculated response done in a very calm manner too.

Maybe you should read your own before criticising others :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

The thing that really gets me about this story is,
    She said she spent 25 grand in a few weeks and has nothing to show for it, she claims on dinners and nights out and also claims on 3 fancy ornaments from a shop (even judge said the shop didn't sell such expensive items) she has no receipts for any of the spending, 
    How stupid are people its as clear as day she still has most of the cash,  she is not stupid she took the cash out sat on it to see if she'd get caught, When she did worse case is go to court and your told to pay back it all (which u haven't spent so you can)  and then finds out she only has to pay back 1000 she says " oh sorry about that " pays back the 1000 and has the other 24 to spend,
    The Irish court believe anything its beyond a joke, if she got time and was told to pay back all the cash you can bet your last penny she'd have it there to pay back ,
    She spent it in 9 days €2777 a day, they must have been some dinners and nights out. She thought it was hers, now that was some lame excuse.

Have you never made a mistake in your life?
    The bank contacted her to get the money back.She ignored them and spent spent spent.They only one that should be ashamed is that thieving greedy woman.
    Wait a Minute Here.... My Bank put 250000 Euros/Quarter of Million/Two Hundred Fifty Thousand In My Bank Account 15 years ago by Reckless Error. So the Banks are on Notice of the Incompetence/Failures. What do the Bank do go to Garda when its the Banks Incompetence which is to Blame so as a Bank Customer of the Bank Involved in this Story the Bank should be ashamed of there Incompetence.

It was a perfectly dignified and calculated response done in a very calm manner too.

So Dave, point it out to us on this doll...... where did the bad man from Finglas touch you.....

• Advertisement

I hate to break your this news to you I know for Fact A Person I know was Compensated by a Bank for a Similar Story to this.

Advertisement