Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman spends 25k of Banks money and has to pay back just 1000.

Options
  • 05-04-2017 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭

https://www.thesun.ie/news/820509/dublin-single-mum-who-went-on-massive-spending-spree-after-bank-accidentally-put-e51k-in-account-dodges-jail/#comments
    It seems this country goes from being a joke to a downright Farce.
    Not only is there stories every single day of people getting 15k to 50k payouts for non sensical reasons(and who are obviously abusing the system) but now a woman who knew she was stealing from the bank gets to pay back only 1K of a 25K amount that she stole.
    Every day this country makes me more and more p1ssed off with thiefs and people who are basically taking the p1ss and getting huge insurance payouts.
    She gets community service and a suspended sentence but why shouldn't she have to pay back the money??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

davmol wrote: »
    She gets community service and a suspended sentence but why shouldn't she have to pay back the money??

With what?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

My blood is consistently boiled these days.

Early grave on the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I await the sentences handed down for the tracker mortgage thefts with interest

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

consider the remaining 24k stupidity tax for the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The money was just resting in her account.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

This will bankrupt the nation !

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

With what?
    With her social welfare.Im sure ,like many others in finglas,she is getting money for every scam going and getting every penny she can.
    Do you think she should get away with it cos she will plead poverty while the rest of us struggle on.I wish I could plead poverty and have all my bills paid.So,in essence cos shes a 'poor single mother' she gets away with not paying back the 25k.If that was a young lad,he would be in jail now.

Wossack wrote: »
    Everyone makes mistakes.She knew what she was doing and shouldn't get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Wossack wrote: »

Not the banks fault. The bloke who lodged it gave the wrong IBAN

Im sure ,like many others in finglas,she is getting money for every scam going and getting every penny she can.

Finglas people. What a shower of bastards!

• Advertisement

Your Face wrote: »
    This will bankrupt the nation !
    Because it wont bankrupt the nation  we should let all types of pond scum like her away with it?While these scammers are causing us to have to pay higher insurance costs and these thiefs get away with going on a free spending spree,we should all just laugh it off cos it wont bankrupt the nation?!!
    Great logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

With her social welfare.Im sure ,like many others in finglas,she is getting money for every scam going and getting every penny she can.
    Do you think she should get away with it cos she will plead poverty while the rest of us struggle on.I wish I could plead poverty and have all my bills paid.So,in essence cos shes a 'poor single mother' she gets away with not paying back the 25k.If that was a young lad,he would be in jail now.

You know pretty much nothing about the woman and come out with all that crap? I'm not defending what she did but to take a small bit of information and come up with what you wrote takes imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Not the banks fault. The bloke who lodged it gave the wrong IBAN

not quite....the bank gave the bloke the wrong IBAN!

Grayson wrote: »
    You know pretty much nothing about the woman and come out with all that crap? I'm not defending what she did but to take a small bit of information and come up with what you wrote takes imagination.

YEAH BUT.......FINGLAS!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

Finglas people. What a shower of bastards!

Especially that Brendan o Carrol fella and and Jason Sherlock, if yer a dub you will know who, and and everyon else...

What's stopping you ? If you think there all scamming while you pay your taxs, go get sacked & go live on the dole, you no if you cant beat them join them, do let us know how you get on.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Because it wont bankrupt the nation  we should let all types of pond scum like her away with it?While these scammers are causing us to have to pay higher insurance costs and these thiefs get away with going on a free spending spree,we should all just laugh it off cos it wont bankrupt the nation?!!
    Great logic.

Slowly and by degrees, authors of posts like the one above, betray their true nature.

That nature being of impotent nobodies of no consequence who get riled up with the slightest of provocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,795 ✭✭✭✭unkel

With what?

€25 per week taken straight out of her dole. Payback for the next 20 years, then another 20 years for interest and penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Don't worry, the bank will recoup the rest through the rest of us. Same source as her dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭AlanG

,like many others in finglas, she is getting money for every scam going and getting every penny she can.

This is a really ill informed and nasty statement. There is a big difference between scams and legitimate assistance or tax relief that people from Finglas to Dartmouth square are equally entitled to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭SteM

Jeez, €25k in 9 days. That was some spending spree. How are they not docking her social welfare to start retrieving the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

SteM wrote: »
    Jeez, €25k in 9 days. That was some spending spree. How are they not docking her social welfare to start retrieving the money?
    cause she's entitled to free money

Your Face wrote: »
    Great logic.

Slowly and by degrees, authors of posts like the one above, betray their true nature.

That nature being of impotent nobodies of no consequence who get riled up with the slightest of provocation.
    Thanks for your silly statement which contributes nothing to the subject.As for authors of statements  like your ridiculous post,its impotent nobodies like yourself who are passive to situations like this where scammers get away with fraud and Theft,that is what is wrong with this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,529 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The thing that really gets me about this story is,
    She said she spent 25 grand in a few weeks and has nothing to show for it, she claims on dinners and nights out and also claims on 3 fancy ornaments from a shop (even judge said the shop didn't sell such expensive items) she has no receipts for any of the spending, 
    How stupid are people its as clear as day she still has most of the cash,  she is not stupid she took the cash out sat on it to see if she'd get caught, When she did worse case is go to court and your told to pay back it all (which u haven't spent so you can)  and then finds out she only has to pay back 1000 she says " oh sorry about that " pays back the 1000 and has the other 24 to spend,
    The Irish court believe anything its beyond a joke, if she got time and was told to pay back all the cash you can bet your last penny she'd have it there to pay back ,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Especially that Brendan o Carrol fella and and Jason Sherlock, if yer a dub you will know who, and and everyon else...

if brendan o carroll and jason are the proudest sons of finglas there really is a problem there lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

YEAH BUT.......FINGLAS!!!!!!!!!

Fair enough. I've changed my mind :)

mynamejeff wrote: »
    if brendan o carroll and jason are the proudest sons of finglas there really is a problem there lol

I am sure there's loads more , as far as I know Finglas is a pretty big area. The point being generalising a whole area like that poster did is just immature childish & shows the person hasn't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭howiya

Thanks for your silly statement which contributes nothing to the subject.As for authors of statements  like your ridiculous post,its impotent nobodies like yourself who are passive to situations like this where scammers get away with fraud and Theft,that is what is wrong with this country.

As opposed to being active and writing about it on boards?

howiya wrote: »

As opposed to being active and writing about it on boards?
    How do you know what I do outside of boards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭blackwhite

With what?

She should be forced to hand over all of the stuff she bought with money that wasn't hers, and have them sold off to repay at least some of the €25k.

Advertisement