Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self realisation

Options
  • 04-04-2017 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭

Has anyone ever had that moment in their day or week, or month when they've realised that their self worth is actually a lot more than they taught? They've realised that they are worth a lot more and certain people, places or things are the ones dragging them down?

It took me years and I mean years to try and understand why people are who they are and let them treat me like rubbish just because I taught I would rather have friends who treat me like crap than have no friends at all and today, I just realised, you know what "f**k this" and deleted a few people's numbers and Facebook and told two "friends" that I can't be at their beck and call when they can't even be their for me. Their reaction was exactly what I expected, no text back. One even said "sure maybe it was for the best". Actually, they are right and right now I know I'll sleep like a baby with no stress. Also had an ex tell me outstraight that I was just their entertainment until someone else came along, also told him where to go as well. I honestly feel a lot better right now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Same thanks you will get op so look after yourself always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭GuessWhoEh

Same thanks you will get op so look after yourself always.

I spent almost a year helping a friend get over a break up and I needed the same chat a few weeks ago and I got "I'm sick I won't be able to talk", posted photos on snapchat being in Eddie Rockets two hours later and I taught you know what, this isn't for me. It goes both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

GuessWhoEh wrote: »
    I spent almost a year helping a friend get over a break up and I needed the same chat a few weeks ago and I got "I'm sick I won't be able to talk", posted photos on snapchat being in Eddie Rockets two hours later and I taught you know what, this isn't for me. It goes both ways.

Maybe they got a dodgy burger?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

Well done. I would appreciate it wholeheartedly if you could stop misspelling 'thought'.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Some of us give ourselves over to others, giving your heart and soul, and it's destroying when it doesn't come back.

If you're that type of person it's very difficult to stop giving.

But as the other poster said you have to look after yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Well done. I would appreciate it wholeheartedly if you could stop misspelling 'thought'.

Your next for the OP's chopping bored.

I have told a few former friends where to go in recent years, including one that I absolutely tore a strip off a few weeks ago for some hypocrisy and lying. Sincerity and honesty really are virtues, they save so much time and drama, I'm a firm convert to saying exactly what I think now. The good friends take it on board and respond positively, put their hands up and admit their behaviour wasn't good enough etc. The ones who get all defensive and throw a tantrum or do the silent sulky routine...bye bye.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

Has anyone ever had that moment in their day or week, or month when they've realised that their self worth is actually a lot more than they taught? They've realised that they are worth a lot more and certain people, places or things are the ones dragging them down?

It took me years and I mean years to try and understand why people are who they are and let them treat me like rubbish just because I taught I would rather have friends who treat me like crap than have no friends at all and today, I just realised, you know what "f**k this" and deleted a few people's numbers and Facebook and told two "friends" that I can't be at their beck and call when they can't even be their for me. Their reaction was exactly what I expected, no text back. One even said "sure maybe it was for the best". Actually, they are right and right now I know I'll sleep like a baby with no stress. Also had an ex tell me outstraight that I was just their entertainment until someone else came along, also told him where to go as well. I honestly feel a lot better right now.
    ethnic cleanse fake friends from your life better of on your own .

• Registered Users Posts: 24 venlo

life is bitch

then yo marry one

• Advertisement

I have told a few former friends where to go in recent years, including one that I absolutely tore a strip off a few weeks ago for some hypocrisy and lying. Sincerity and honesty really are virtues, they save so much time and drama, I'm a firm convert to saying exactly what I think now. The good friends take it on board and respond positively, put their hands up and admit their behaviour wasn't good enough etc. The ones who get all defensive and throw a tantrum or do the silent sulky routine...bye bye.

It's also sad when they are so oblivious and genuinely think is you at fault when really you've put up with it for so long and eventually told them the truth. So far I've made two friend clearance and an old ex clearance who I should of just ignored months ago, but I've learned my lessons and now, moving on sounds exciting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

PARlance wrote: »
    Your next for the OP's chopping bored.

I see what you did their

venlo wrote: »
    life is bitch

then yo marry one

Then you get hit by a bus then you get better then you get aids but it goes into remission and then you get cancer and die

Live these days as the days of your life cos they might be
    Or don't

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

R u ok hun?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Suckler

Has anyone ever had that moment in their day or week, or month when they've realised that their self worth is actually a lot more than they taught? ....

It took me years and I mean years to try and understand why people are who they are and let them treat me like rubbish just because I taught I would rather have friends who treat me like crap than have no friends ......

I think you should stop teaching.

R u ok hun?

Dose Barry know you're raiding his memes wardrobe ?

It's also sad when they are so oblivious and genuinely think is you at fault when really you've put up with it for so long and eventually told them the truth. So far I've made two friend clearance and an old ex clearance who I should of just ignored months ago, but I've learned my lessons and now, moving on sounds exciting

It's not very pleasant to lose close friends. One I kept on falling back in with, wanting to see the good side, overlooking the bad stuff until it just became too tiring and I let fly. I particularly hate being lied to.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 venlo

Tigger wrote: »
    Then you get hit by a bus then you get better then you get aids but it goes into remission and then you get cancer and die

Live these days as the days of your life cos they might be
    Or don't

i couldn't have put it better myself

It's not very pleasant to lose close friends. One I kept on falling back in with, wanting to see the good side, overlooking the bad stuff until it just became too tiring and I let fly. I particularly hate being lied to.

It's a new day tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

In future when you realise that people don't deserve your time, I'd advise just not bothering at all. Why bother sending them a message to state that you are cutting contact? If they are that draining etc. then just don't waste any more time on them than you already have, you don't owe them anything and it's not like they are waiting by the phone for you either way, so just move on and be happy, no need for any more drama or energy being spent on them :)

• Advertisement

True friends will always be there for you in times of trouble/need. fake friends will let you down in time of need /trouble. delete them from your phone burn pictures of them and let them burn in hell.

neonsofa wrote: »
    In future when you realise that people don't deserve your time, I'd advise just not bothering at all. Why bother sending them a message to state that you are cutting contact? If they are that draining etc. then just don't waste any more time on them than you already have, you don't owe them anything and it's not like they are waiting by the phone for you either way, so just move on and be happy, no need for any more drama or energy being spent on them :)

Preach :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

neonsofa wrote: »

Well in my experience they don't like being ignored and make an effort to re friend you
    I've had people that I decided weren't worth it call to me door or try to restablish contact
    Had to tell them
    It's easier to tell them straight out
    Gtf

True friends will always be there for you in times of trouble/need. fake friends will let you down in time of need /trouble. delete them from your phone burn pictures of them and let them burn in hell.

Champagne for my real friends
    Napalm for my ex friends

Tigger wrote: »
    Well in my experience they don't like being ignored and make an effort to re friend you
    I've had people that I decided weren't worth it call to me door or try to restablish contact
    Had to tell them
    It's easier to tell them straight out
    Gtf

Maybe people just like you more and think you are worthy of that effort, obviously people have just been grand with me ditching them. Maybe even relieved! :pac:

Confront your fake friends and make them Feel Small take back the Power.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,054 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I read someplace before that similar to having regular wardrobe clear outs of clothes you know longer wear, you should have phone clear outs whereby you go through your contacts list and delete all the ones you dont need/will never need.
    I've done it and it's a great feeling.
    Spring cleaning your dead wood contacts!!

To thine own self be true

I read someplace before that similar to having regular wardrobe clear outs of clothes you know longer wear, you should have phone clear outs whereby you go through your contacts list and delete all the ones you dont need/will never need.
    I've done it and it's a great feeling.
    Spring cleaning your dead wood contacts!!
    Ethnic Cleanse your Phone delete them Rodents/Fake Friends and better your self always look your best is the best Revenge for fake people/friends.

• Advertisement

Ethnic Cleanse your Phone delete them Rodents/Fake Friends and better your self always look your best is the best Revenge for fake people/friends.

I think you need to Google the term ethnic cleanse

Advertisement