Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexual Harassment Caught on Video

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

No I wouldn't be happy with it. I wouldn't be happy being recorded attacking another female either but I'd like to think I wouldn't do that so hopefully there won't be anything to record.

I can see you're not connecting any dots here at all so sure you believe that this kind of thing is okay, that's your choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

pilly wrote: »
    I can see you're not connecting any dots here at all so sure you believe that this kind of thing is okay, that's your choice.
    Im of the opinion "don't dish it out if you can't stand the heat". Keep your mouth shut and your nose clean, and you won't be recorded being a gowl

Im of the opinion "don't dish it out if you can't stand the heat". Keep your mouth shut and your nose clean, and you won't be recorded being a gowl

Why are you just ignoring the fact that the woman is clearly mentally ill Lexie? What don't you get about that?

Why are you just ignoring the fact that the woman is clearly mentally ill Lexie? What don't you get about that?
    1. I'm not medically trained to assess somebodies mental state via a 4 min video
    2. Mentally ill or not, her behaviour was out of line and she's not the victim
    3. If she's so unstable that she's liable to act unpredictably or put herself in harms way (she'll call the wrong person a prostitute some day) she needs to be adequately supervised

You have spoken before about going for one too many, having had fights with friends, going mental on drink and stuff. All of which is fine. But if someone took a video of you in that condition and stuck it online, you'd be fine with it? If so, fair enough. I would think it wholly inappropriate.

• Advertisement

1. I'm not medically trained to assess somebodies mental state via a 4 min video 2. Mentally ill or not, her behaviour was out of line and she's not the victim 3. If she's so unstable that she's liable to act unpredictably or put herself in harms way (she'll call the wrong person a prostitute some day) she needs to be adequately supervised

Have you seen the second video?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Funny that talking about the existence of mermaids makes you "mentally ill", but talking about an invisible man in the sky makes you devout :)

The fact that she has a belief that others find irrational/ridiculous does not necessarily make her mentally ill. How many people believe in the Loch Ness monster, chemtrails and ghosts without being labeled mentally ill by the public?

Personally I didn't see anything that suggested mental illness in the first video, she behaved exactly like the recorded Trump supporters routinely being posted online being abusive in public. But that's not for me to judge.

Personally, I would have recorded her too if i was that couple. But if I had posted it online I would have blurred her face out. The second girl that recorded it is clearly promoting herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

There's nothing in the video that shows she's got a mental problem. She's just a nosey, self righteous ****.

You have spoken before about going for one too many, having had fights with friends, going mental on drink and stuff. All of which is fine. But if someone took a video of you in that condition and stuck it online, you'd be fine with it? If so, fair enough. I would think it wholly inappropriate.
    I've never had a fight with a friend on a night out that would alert others that there was an arguement happening. I've been out plenty of times and been the worst for wear, missing my shoes etc and maybe that has been online but there has been no oppertunity for me being online fighting, because I've never given one. If you're videoing some young one (or young lad) crying or i remember one evening being on the bus and a guy was talking to himself and slapping the face off himself, I'd consider that inappropriate as they're not interfering with anyone else. If some stranger walks up to me and starts namecalling me she's fair game

ScumLord wrote:
    There's nothing in the video that shows she's got a mental problem. She's just a nosey, self righteous ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

rawn wrote: »
    The fact that she has a belief that others find irrational/ridiculous does not necessarily make her mentally ill. How many people believe in the Loch Ness monster, chemtrails and ghosts without being labeled mentally ill by the public?
    It was more the fact that she was sitting on her own and having an animated discussion with someone else about her beliefs that suggest she's not well.

Nope, fire up a link there.

How do you know she's mentally ill and not off her tits on acid? Whys she out by herself and clearly unmedicated if she's that mentally ill? Maybe the couple were triggered.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

And what was she saying in the first place, or for how long, to induce mrs.flasher to get the camera out and record her....

I've been out plenty of times and been the worst for wear, missing my shoes etc and maybe that has been online but there has been no oppertunity for me being online fighting, because I've never given one.

So if someone put a video of you walking around the streets, drunk, with no shoes on (and who likes the sight of drunk people falling around), you really would be okay with that? Or you think some behaviour such as fighting or arguing can go online, but other behaviour such as being drunk as a lord should not, because it lacks your "interfering with others" requirement?

How do you know she's mentally ill and not off her tits on acid? Whys she out by herself and clearly unmedicated if she's that mentally ill? Maybe the couple were triggered.

Nobody does, it's just a possibility. Have also known someone with a brain injury to shout sometimes angry and sometimes obscene things at my friend, his girlfriend, in shops, and someone with a concussion who had a massive change of personality and frequently made a public show of himself. It's the fact that she was hysterical, irrational, seemed to either 'see' them having sex or did not understand what sex actually entails, that sort of thing..

I doubt she was lying for effect, as they could have turned the camera on themselves the minute she started on them, or otherwise proved her claim untrue, with witnesses too yet she kept going on about it.

R.E ''If she's that ill'' maybe she was never diagnosed yet or is on a waiting list. How is it going to come to the attention of professionals when it doesn't get reported because, instead, it goes up on Public Freakouts page.

So if someone put a video of you walking around the streets, drunk, with no shoes on (and who likes the sight of drunk people falling around), you really would be okay with that? Or you think some behaviour such as fighting or arguing can go online, but other behaviour such as being drunk as a lord should not, because it lacks your "interfering with others" requirement?
    ID be mortified but I'd keep my shoes on the next night I went out

I actually wouldn't make any distinction between the two states, neither is a person in their right mind.

And I'm disgusted by the amount of people on here suggesting that all mentally ill should be locked up. Makes me sick.

Are we back in the 40's again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

It was more the fact that she was sitting on her own and having an animated discussion with someone else about her beliefs that suggest she's not well.

We don't know that she's talking to herself.

Nobody does, it's just a possibility. Have also known someone with a brain injury to shout sometimes angry and sometimes obscene things at my friend, his girlfriend, in shops, and someone with a concussion who had a massive change of personality and frequently made a public show of himself. It's the fact that she was hysterical, irrational, seemed to either 'see' them having sex or did not understand what sex actually entails, that sort of thing..

I doubt she was lying for effect, as they could have turned the camera on themselves the minute she started on them, or otherwise proved her claim untrue, with witnesses too yet she kept going on about it.
    But she knew what it was when she reported them didn't she? She accused them of having sex the entire time until the very end on the phone where she said they were "almost" or "about to" have sex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,389 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Video must have been removed

I actually wouldn't make any distinction between the two states, neither is a person in their right mind.

And I'm disgusted by the amount of people on here suggesting that all mentally ill should be locked up. Makes me sick.

Are we back in the 40's again?
    Well you can't roam wild and free in the midst of your hallucinations when you clearly can't take care of yourself

Well you can't roam wild and free in the midst of your hallucinations when you clearly can't take care of yourself

I'm finished with this conversation. You've a horrible attitude and nothing anyone can say will change it.

But she knew what it was when she reported them didn't she? She accused them of having sex the entire time until the very end on the phone where she said they were "almost" or "about to" have sex

She wasn't being very logical. For whatever reason. You'd have to ask her what she thought she was seeing. Perhaps she meant a second time, who knows. She could be tormented by weird ideas.You just called it hallucinations, yourself, so you must see that it can't be expected to make any sense...

She wasn't being very logical. For whatever reason. You'd have to ask her what she thought she was seeing. Perhaps she meant a second time, who knows. She could be tormented by weird ideas.You just called it hallucinations, yourself, so you must see that it can't be expected to make any sense...
    People are free to behave whatever way they want as long as it doesn't impact other people. You can't excuse what's happened to that couple as if it's no big deal because she might be unhinged. She isn't their problem.

I doubt she was lying for effect,
    I'd say that's exactly what she was doing, she saw the camera come out and decided to get on her soapbox and put on a show. She's not really doing anything that plenty of other people do in this day and age, going to an extreme and exaggerating the situation to try and make things seems much worse than they really are, so she can play the victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,856 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

ScumLord wrote: »
    I'd say that's exactly what she was doing, she saw the camera come out and decided to get on her soapbox and put on a show. She's not really doing anything that plenty of other people do in this day and age, going to an extreme and exaggerating the situation to try and make things seems much worse than they really are, so she can play the victim.

the hugh mungus one last year was hoot in terms of karma, in that case it was the person videoing who tried to play the victim and whose internal voice was on the fritz

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

People are free to behave whatever way they want as long as it doesn't impact other people. You can't excuse what's happened to that couple as if it's no big deal because she might be unhinged. She isn't their problem.

I actually agree with you in a way though. I just believe she behaves like more than/differently to an average nasty person. Sometimes people might say ''ah leave her off she's harmless'' because 'harmless' is a catch all term for all kinds of problem behaviours that might stem from an undiagnosed (or unknown to the wider community) illnesses.I don't agree with taking that approach. I don't see it as an excuse, just a reason. It clearly is harmful and nobody should be subjected to it and something should be done when it happens. But for everyone's sake including the person doing the insulting/weird behaviour in public. I agree when you said she might call the wrong person a prostitute someday.

I've had approaches from complete strangers who said weird things, luckily mostly benign, but one a bit sexual and he followed me to my car, but then walked away after rubbing my back through my clothes, offering me a sweet and saying he would meet me later outside some shop or other at 7pm (he thought we had had some kind of date or something, when I'd never seen him before that) and after he walked off I felt both relieved and sorry for him and wondered what kind of situations he'll get into in future.

ScumLord wrote: »

She kept going well against the odds and she presented as not right in my opinion. That's all I can say. :(

• Advertisement

She kept going well against the odds
    Belligerent. I'm sure you have been in situations where you've seen someone get cornered in an argument when they know full well they're wrong but won't admit it and instead double down rather than capitulate.

Advertisement