Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you be arrested

Options
  • 30-03-2017 8:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭

For having a leak on the sidewalk for example in the night when everything is closed? What would happen if Gardai seen you? Since they are everywhere at night trying to catch honest citizens.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,931 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

For having a leak on the sidewalk for example in the night when everything is closed? What would happen if Gardai seen you? Since they are everywhere at night trying to catch honest citizens.

Yes

I know someone who was

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭Live65a846d0ee

Yes

I know someone who was

So what the hell are you supposed to do? Piss yourself!? I am done with this country, I am definitely emigrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

Always heard that they can arrest you for a leak but not for a no 2. makes no sense either way? think they should be after the bigger fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

There are no Gardai in America dont worry about it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Its a trick question. There are no sidewalks in Ireland and Gardai don't have powers of arrest in the US.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Yes

I know someone who was

FlutterinBantam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I don't know why I'm evening my wit to this when you know the answer.

Of course you can.

Where you going OP?
    Better check out the rules for pissing in public wherever it is!

There are no Gardai in America dont worry about it

American version of English is superior.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Wear a nappy op, it's a fetish thing by some.

• Advertisement

I don't know why I'm evening my wit to this when you know the answer.

Of course you can.

And that somehow makes sense? What about the Garda that was caught peeing in the side of the building ahhh??

To the English version of English?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

decky1 wrote: »
    Always heard that they can arrest you for a leak but not for a no 2. makes no sense either way? think they should be after the bigger fish.

Heard that too. Also if you go to a Garda station and say you need a dump, they have to let you use the jacks. One of our contractors swears by it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Trolling is a art.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

So what the hell are you supposed to do? Piss yourself!? I am done with this country, I am definitely emigrating.

Good!

Now fup off quick smart ya fuppin grasshole

bubblypop wrote: »
    Where you going OP?
    Better check out the rules for pissing in public wherever it is!

Deutschland
    Where I can actually pee when I want without getting thrown into jail and get my career opportunities ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Purpletoes

decky1 wrote: »

It's because naturally you are able to hold in a wee but you can't hold in a poo. Peristaltic movements in you digestive system means when it comes out it comes out no matter where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

We'll be happy to see that back of ye

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dylonator

Good luck to you finding a country where pissing in public is allowed.

Regarding whether or not you can get arrested, it seems like one of those things that's completely down to the discretion of the individual Garda. If you got one who was in a bad mood, you could be in trouble. Could be charged with being drunk and disorderly.. or if you were particularly unlucky 'indecent exposure' (wouldn't want to end up as a registered sex offender)

Good!

Now fup off quick smart ya fuppin grasshole

Relax, dude maybe smoke a joint and rethink your life decisions to indirectly insult me.

• Advertisement

Deutschland
    Where I can actually pee when I want without getting thrown into jail and get my career opportunities ruined.

The Germans are gonna let ya piss on the streets...
    Riiiight!

We'll be happy to see that back of ye

Enjoy misery :)

dylonator wrote: »
    Good luck to you finding a country where pissing in public is allowed.

Regarding whether or not you can get arrested, it seems like one of those things that's completely down to the discretion of the individual Garda. If you got one who was in a bad mood, you could be in trouble. Could be charged with being drunk and disorderly.. or if you were particularly unlucky 'indecent exposure' (wouldn't want to end up as a registered sex offender)

Found already, Germany. The most successful country in Europe, coincidence? Don't think so, just smart laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Deutschland

You're hardly going to have your career opportunities ruined :pac:

Pissing up an alley isn't the same as attempted murder :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Relax, dude maybe smoke a joint and rethink your life decisions to indirectly insult me.

The fact you dont get the reference means you should leave immediately.

Go forth and emigrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Allinall

Deutschland

Is that near Germany , where you will definitely be arrested if caught pissing on the street?

99% of civilized people manage to control their bodily functions within generally accepted norms.

Why dont you join us and not be worried about getting arrested ?

Gardai are exempt however because they are superior
    https://s30.postimg.org/mh19iojz5/FB_IMG_1490903100960.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dylonator

He was quoting Father Ted. So I don't think his comment was as malicious as you may have thought

The fact you dont get the reference means you should leave immediately.

Go forth and emigrate.

The fact that you don't understand me tells me everything that I need to know. Sometimes you should relax and look at life from a positive side and laugh about some things instead of getting grumpy about everything. Less people like that and the world will be a nicer place to live with less grumpy a##holes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,309 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If you do get caught try and sweet talk them a little!

Advertisement