Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKEA new smart bulb kit

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭paulbok

E14 candle bulbs back in stock in Dublin, €8 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Whats the latest on these working with google home and philips hue bridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

afatbollix wrote: »
    They have started doing a wireless controller for the LED strips.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/lighting/integrated-lighting/tr%C3%A5dfri-driver-for-wireless-control-grey-art-60342656/

I've got it for some old LED strips I do not used anymore as I replaced them and with a motion sensor it will go into a wardrobe.

Any idea if it works with Hue?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭SemperFidelis

They work with Google Home using the Ikea gateway. No idea about the hue bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

They work with Google Home using the Ikea gateway. No idea about the hue bridge.

I have a hue bridge and several lights already so was hoping to include it all in the same system. Might just try and test it with one to start.

Does anyone know if they stock these bulbs in the Carrickmines pickup store?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I have a hue bridge and several lights already so was hoping to include it all in the same system. Might just try and test it with one to start.

Does anyone know if they stock these bulbs in the Carrickmines pickup store?

All the Ikea stuff pairs to Hue bridge, loads of youtubes demoing it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭stimpson

Rew wrote: »
    All the Ikea stuff pairs to Hue bridge, loads of youtubes demoing it

I have issues with Ikea bulbs and the hue motion sensor. The bulbs sometimes come on at a random brightness and need to be turned off and on again at the switch. But you can’t beat the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

stimpson wrote: »
    I have issues with Ikea bulbs and the hue motion sensor. The bulbs sometimes come on at a random brightness and need to be turned off and on again at the switch. But you can’t beat the price.

I have also had some issues with colours not changing smoothly on an IKEA bulb when switching from scenes and requiring the bulb to be turned on and off (using the hue or other app) to fix the colour.

I only bought one Ikea bulb so could be my bulb but if i was looking to reduce cost i would probably choose the innr bulbs over Ikea bulbs for using with my hue system.
    Obviously hue bulbs are better than both because of availability of all features with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

I've not tried this yet, but i will be over the weekend.

I bought a ikea hub, lights and a dimmer switch for my parents house which works well. The dimmer switch is paired with 3 lights in the living room.

I recently bought a philips hue hub and 2 lights (thanks bargain alerts) and was hoping to replace the ikea set-up but keep the ikea bulbs and possibly the ikea dimmer switch.

My question is, if i go down the philips hue route, would i be able to pair the ikea dimmer switch with the ikea lights that i hope to reuse?

Also, is there anyone looking for a redundant ikea hub?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭niallb

The IKEA dimmer won't work with the Hue hub.
    There might be an invisible way to keep it paired with the bulbs, but I didn't find it.
    I put all my IKEA bulbs back onto the IKEA hub because those dimmers are just too good to miss out on.

Unless your Hue bulbs are colour ones, you can pair them to the IKEA hub and get full use out of them.
    Don't get rid of either hub in a hurry - you may change your mind after a while using them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

niallb wrote: »
    The IKEA dimmer won't work with the Hue hub.
    There might be an invisible way to keep it paired with the bulbs, but I didn't find it.
    I put all my IKEA bulbs back onto the IKEA hub because those dimmers are just too good to miss out on.

Unless your Hue bulbs are colour ones, you can pair them to the IKEA hub and get full use out of them.
    Don't get rid of either hub in a hurry - you may change your mind after a while using them!

you can add them. add the dimmer and the bulbs to the Hue network before pairing the dimmer with the bulb is the short summary. loads of youtube guides for how to do it.

Nelbert wrote: »
    you can add them. add the dimmer and the bulbs to the Hue network before pairing the dimmer with the bulb is the short summary. loads of youtube guides for how to do it.

Have you done this yourself?
    If yes, then link to a particular YouTube guide that matches what you did.

I'd like to have my bulbs on the hue bridge for other reasons, but the remotes were the family favourite interface.

Anytime I paired the dimmer to the bulbs, the hue hub couldn't see them any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

CAn these be used as dumb bulbs too? i.e. turn off with the standard light switch on the wall. (I know the switch will need to be on to work with the wifi)

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    CAn these be used as dumb bulbs too? i.e. turn off with the standard light switch on the wall. (I know the switch will need to be on to work with the wifi)
    Yes, but if the bulb was at 0% brightness when it was powered off, you won't be able to see it until you turn it up with a smart control.

You can reset them from the light switch by turning them on and off six times in quick succession. That gets them back to 100% brightness too, but they would need to be re-paired to the hub afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

niallb wrote: »
    Yes, but if the bulb was at 0% brightness when it was powered off, you won't be able to see it until you turn it up with a smart control.

You can reset them from the light switch by turning them on and off six times in quick succession. That gets them back to 100% brightness too, but they would need to be re-paired to the hub afterwards.

Perfect thanks

Advertisement