Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

EIR prepay plan, €30 simplicity now €20, in-store/online sale.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Is this offer finished now in-store?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Is this offer finished now in-store?

Not according to the poster who got it yesterday in-store.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,250 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

vickers209 wrote: »
    do you not have to wait 30 days before to you can change plan again?

No, I did it yesterday. I was previously on an older plan which was free texts, free calls to meteor and 250MB data for a €20 topup.

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Mine says Pre-Pay Meteor Simplicity

Mine is the same

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Sign still on meteor shop in Blackpool today. Can anyone confirm the offer for existing customers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

TheDriver wrote: »
    Sign still on meteor shop in Blackpool today. Can anyone confirm the offer for existing customers?

Yes. I got it on Friday. Text "20unlimited" to 50104. You should get text saying top-up with €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks all! I'm on meteor years and never had any issues, usually top up by 20 each month for free meteor calls & texts, any network texts and 150mbs of internet. the other network calls have been killing me lately so just changed my plan to any network calls and texts, no internet, for 20 a month.

Saw this thread, sent that text and now I have the same deal but with 15GB's as well. I was on the verge of changing network an all. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Its a hell of a deal alright, possibly the best around for value ?

I signed up to it also, a bit of dealing to and fro with the meteor online reps/customer service before it finally got sorted and they confirmed I got the offer even as existing customer. I was paying them 30 euro a month for the same package, now reduced to 20.
    Due to top up in a few weeks, so hopefully all goes to plan when I do top up.

I cant fault Meteor really, switched them to them 18 months ago from Vodafone and only had a couple of data outage issues, but otherwise superb value and service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

I was with Three until about 3 weeks ago. I was able to cancel my contract due to their price increase & get the phone unlocked (8 months into a 24 month contract). Three coverage lately was the pits. Decided to go prepay and ported back to Meteor. I've have nearly full 4G anywhere I've been and generally between 3G or 4G on the train. Was on the €30 deal but switched to this €20 when I saw post by andrew1977 (thanks again).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

It's very hard to use the data you get so much as all the social networks are the added bonus, great deal

• Advertisement

Just topped up and and got the deal straight away. Didn't realise they take the 20 off you but since everything is included, no big deal.

Are landlines included in the calls? I'm assuming not

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Are landlines included in the calls? I'm assuming not

They are. It's unlimited nation mobile and landline calls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

took the gamble and switched from free meteor to meteor calls and texts to new Simplicity plan for €20 in order to activate the all unlimited plan but

when I signed up to the €20 unlimited calls and texts plan it deducted €20 credit straight away.

Then I text 20unlimited and got text to say I am in but need to top up by another €20 to activate it 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

vickers209 wrote: »
    took the gamble and switched from free meteor to meteor calls and texts to new Simplicity plan for €20 in order to activate the all unlimited plan but

when I signed up to the €20 unlimited calls and texts plan it deducted €20 credit straight away.

Then I text 20unlimited and got text to say I am in but need to top up by another €20 to activate it 😭

Text "offer" to 50104 to see which plan is active

I see on their website that it is now advertised (though not very clearly)
    https://www.meteor.ie/pay-as-you-go/simplicity/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

breathn wrote: »
    Text "offer" to 50104 to see which plan is active

text I got upon sign up
    Thanks for choosing Simply Unlimited Any Network Mins + Texts and 15GB Data 20e. To get started you will need to have 20 euro credit. Remember to wait for a confirmation text to let you know your offer is active before you start to use. Your offer will automatically renew every 30 days

text I get when text offer
    You are currently opted in to Simply Unlimited Any Net Mins + Texts + 15GB Data 20e 4G, you need to top up to avail of this value offer. See meteor.ie for full details

and my dashboard says only calls and texts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

was on €20 calls and data.
    Phoned up yesterday, colleague said he could switch me to €20 calls, data & texts.
    topped up €30.
    today- still not active. phoned up and they activated it but on €30pm
    Phoned back- was told 20 unlimited is for new customers only, told them others on Meteor got the plan & I was told I'd get it. Sorry, no we can't.
    So back on old plan now! Told her that for 5 years loyalty I get a worse offer than a new customer & that I'd be leaving (I won't).
    Annoying start to the day. And if their App wan't soooooooooo CRAP I'd just use that for texts. (not that I send many but it'd be handy to have them free).

Phoned? Why not just text like others have done?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Phoned? Why not just text like others have done?

I did text but it didn't appear to become active so then I phoned up to check.
    So if I text it should work?

• Advertisement

apparently it does if you follow the instructions above

Great news, at least that means the offer is around for a while. You are right though, if I didn't already know what I have to do to sign up that page would have me completely confused. It's all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭enviro

Worked perfectly for myself via chat online. Thanks OP!
    Sim on way through the post. Handy if it is inconvenient to get to store or to do it over the phone.
    Once chat began, I stated that I wanted to switch to Meteor. 20 euro offer was suggested by agent straight away.

That shows it's 30 for 15GBs and unlimited calls and texts where as if you text 20unlimited instead of 30unlimited, you get the same deal for cheaper. Must either be a mistake or secret option for new customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭enviro

Just below that offer it gives the details for the 20 offer in a different font.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Interesting101

Lads...does free calls on this include numbers like Sky etc or do you need extra credit for that?

enviro wrote: »
    Just below that offer it gives the details for the 20 offer in a different font.

Missed that thanks, glad it works for existing customers as well even if they don't mention it. For any existing customers, worked a treat for me yesterday just texting them and topped up by 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Lads...does free calls on this include numbers like Sky etc or do you need extra credit for that?
    Only includes calls to national landlines and mobiles, calls to numbers like 1890, 1850, 0818, 076 etc are charged at the standard rate which is 35cent per minute.
    For landline alternatives to those numbers there's a site that might help:
    http://www.saynoto1890.com/

Same as Tesco etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

In addition be aware that checking your voicemail box are an additional 15c on these Simplicity plans.

Advertisement