Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR prepay plan, €30 simplicity now €20, in-store/online sale.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

Cheers. And is there any specific plan I need to request when I order my sim (online or in store)?

No.

Order the sim or get one in store.
    Send the text.
    When you receive return text saying you are opted in, please top-up up..blah blah...then top-up. Done. Elton's your Aunty, David's your Uncle ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

If I only top up by a 10 euro next month and buy an add on . Will the deal still work when I top up again ?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

castle2012 wrote: »
    If I only top up by a 10 euro next month and buy an add on . Will the deal still work when I top up again ?

If you sign up to this plan, you will automatically receive the offer upon topping of of €20, so if you only top up by €10 then no plan of any description will be applied to you account, but if your next top up then is €20 you will then get the benefits of the unlimited plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

I cant find any add ons to use the €20 credit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,765 ✭✭✭DopeTech

jambofc wrote: »
    I cant find any add ons to use the €20 credit ?
    facepalm.jpg

• Advertisement

It says you keep the 20 credit ?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

jambofc wrote: »
    It says you keep the 20 credit ?

Where does it say that, Did you actually read any of this thread?

My bad got meteor an 3 mixed up 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Is meteor better than 3 for anyone who changed and in position to compare?

TheDriver wrote: »
    Is meteor better than 3 for anyone who changed and in position to compare?
    Hi there I'm with them 3 weeks . Moved over . Very good in my area simple to use .but every area is different , you would need to check with neighbours and friend a locally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

My OH (Galway city) and myself (Cork city) are both delighted since we swapped from 3. The difference in Internet speeds is like night and day. I couldn't use Internet on my phone at all during the day in Wilton, the network was so congested that it would simply drop to H+ and say I was offline, now I have 4G all day and even if it does drop to H+ everything still loads at a reasonable speed. I was able to stream YouTube videos the whole way down from Dublin on the aircoach with minimal buffering, not a hope that would happen on 3. The fact that I now have unlimited calls and texts is icing on the cake, no more €5 top ups when I find myself having to call someone mid week.

Check with friends etc or post in the boards regional sub forum for your area to find out local experiences.

Anyone else get a text message today about a contract change? Term reduced to 28 days, 9c connection fees, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Anyone else get a text message today about a contract change? Term reduced to 28 days, 9c connection fees, etc?

From Three yes I got this text.

Cocoon wrote: »
    From Three yes I got this text.

From Meteor. Effective 8th June on all Simplicity plans.

• Moderators Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Flying Fox wrote: »
    From Meteor. Effective 8th June on all Simplicity plans.

3 did the same thing last month. Effectively squeezing a "13th" month of top ups out of you per year.

Yep, which is precisely why a lot of people went for this offer.

VF also do this

Have to say feel shafted . In march was told by meteor sign up to simplicity and get €30 deal for €20 every 30 days for life .one month later it changes how do they get away with this

And in another month, the 30 deal will prob always be 20. They're making up ground on what they'll loose in profits come June and EU roaming. There also seems a bit of price war at moment on meteor vs Vodafone for student market. Just think of all 30 euro meteor people who stay paying that

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Im currently on SIM Only Regular Extra plan. Can I switch to this or is it from Meteor prepay only/Other provider ?

My plan includes home/EU mins and texts + 1Gb EU data and this one doesnt but wont that be all gone anyways in June.I data will be limited but surely there will be some allowance when changes kick in.

I was gonna contact live chat but I presume that closed until Monday ?

Current 30 day period is up 4/5/17 so would be thinking of switching that day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Can you still avail of this deal?

chipfox wrote: »
    Can you still avail of this deal?

Yes, offer on until the end of the month.

I'm already on Meteor. Do I have to change my network and then rechange back? I would do it for this offer. I'm already paying 20/month for free texts and 15 gb but I would love to have calls!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,294 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I'm already on Meteor. Do I have to change my network and then rechange back? I would do it for this offer. I'm already paying 20/month for free texts and 15 gb but I would love to have calls!

Check my answer on previous page.

It's actually been answered a good few times on the thread

No need to change, you're already on a simplicity plan so all you need to do is text 20unlimited to 50104. Then topup by 20 to activate the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Wait till your other offer is up though I'd suggest.

I only topped up a few days ago. If I wait do I miss the offer now?

I only topped up a few days ago. If I wait do I miss the offer now?

If you opt in nowand not top up you won't miss out but you may lose the benefits of your current €20 top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭flutered

i am waiting on a meteor sim with data, to try it out

• Advertisement

I signed my Dad up to this a few weeks back. When he texts offer to 50104 it tells him he is on this offer but when he signs into mymeteor full website it says You have no active offers. The app also acknowledges the offer is active. Anyone else notice this?

Advertisement