Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ban tractors from rush hour?

Options
  • 18-03-2017 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭

Inclined to agree, pain in the arse to be stuck behind, sorry john deeres of the world :-(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭893bet

No one gives a ****e at the moment! Six nations day!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭mikeecho

It's great that you agree with yourself.

Drive the N 40 much.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

893bet wrote: »
    No one gives a ****e at the moment! Six nations day!
    Remember that time we beat New Zealand in a friendly? We love ruggers we do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

13-9, now that's a rush hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

For rush hour???...ban them from roads forever.
    Either side of the roads you have fields...let them drive in the fields....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

gifted wrote: »
    For rush hour???...ban them from roads forever.
    Either side of the roads you have fields...let them drive in the fields....
    And where do you think the roads came from?

I'll wait a while for you, if you want:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Inclined to agree, pain in the arse to be stuck behind, sorry john deeres of the world :-(

Go back to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Robsweezie wrote: »

Don't give the Haely Raes something new to blather on about in the dail.

And where do you think the roads came from?

I'll wait a while for you, if you want:pac:

Europe of course...lol lol

And I'll be a while ...stuck behind a John deere...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,275 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Agree with the OP.

I live in a part of the country with LOADS of tractors on main roads. Although to be fair we don't really suffer 'rush hours' like many of you down the country do.

My pet hate is when a tractor drives on a 100kph road in the lane when there is a perfectly good and wide area to his left that he could pull into and drive along to let everyone pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,389 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Agree with the OP.

I live in a part of the country with LOADS of tractors on main roads. Although to be fair we don't really suffer 'rush hours' like many of you down the country do.

My pet hate is when a tractor drives on a 100kph road in the lane when there is a perfectly good and wide area to his left that he could pull into and drive along to let everyone pass.

You do realise it is illegal for tractors to drive on the hard shoulder even tho they do at times

Reggie. wrote: »
    You do realise it is illegal for tractors to drive on the hard shoulder even tho they do at times

He never said to drive in the hard shoulder...

Edit..just saw he did

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Hopefully the tractor NCT being brought in next year will get most of the death traps of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Will ya go way, banning tractors at rush hour? Every hour is rush hour for farmers. Theyre flat out making sure the city folk have milk for their skinny latte's and spring lamb legs for Sunday lunch with the girlos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

Yes and ban cyclists too while you're at it OP!

Sure what's the rush for anyway? All trying to get somewhere at the same time. Can you not plan your journeys properly? These farmers have vital work to do and need those roads more than you do.

Hopefully the tractor NCT being brought in next year will get most of the death traps of the road.

You'll find most of the tractors on the road are contractors machines which are in most cases newish, well maintained, safe and will have no problem passing the new NCT

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Ban the tractors indeed as it nigh on impossible to pass out a peloton of Lycras with all these road rules.

You'll find most of the tractors on the road are contractors machines which are in most cases newish, well maintained, safe and will have no problem passing the new NCT

Most tractors I see on the road. Wouldn't have a hope in hell of passing the NCT.

Most tractors I see on the road. Wouldn't have a hope in hell of passing the NCT.

Geez, around here at least 75% of them are only a few years old and in great condition.
    The one's on the road 'at rush hour' are usually the contractors and are excellent machines.

• Advertisement

You must be in a minority so. What's so unsafe about them?

Geez, around here at least 75% of them are only a few years old and in great condition.
    The one's on the road 'at rush hour' are usually the contractors and are excellent machines.

Well then at least 25% of the tractors around your area wont be on the road anymore. :)

Well then at least 25% of the tractors around your area wont be on the road anymore. :)

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,022 ✭✭✭emaherx

I hear the blue ones are very dangerous.... ;) but that could just be the nut behind the wheel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Them lads in the Dail shouldn't be allowed to drive their tractors to work.

Back lighting for a start is non existing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

emaherx wrote: »
    I hear the blue ones are very dangerous.... ;) but that could just be the nut behind the wheel.

If it's not red leave it in the shed.

Why?

Because they're rust buckets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,022 ✭✭✭emaherx

Back lighting for a start is non existing.

I see plenty of cars on the road regularly missing one or more lights.

• Advertisement

Because they're rust buckets.

Once they are safe it doesn't make any difference of the rust or not. Plenty of tractors last upto 50 years

Advertisement