Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BE strike [Read 1st post before posting]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,377 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

wanting people to lose their job in the only world that is, because they are doing better then the person making the wish, says mor about the person making the wish, then it does about the people the person makes the wish against.
    I'm not holding people to ransom over my moronic wants. If only the passengers had a union to keep them safe from reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,129 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Trains haven't left limerick or cork, mrs is back home no train to work in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

The whole company, management and union employees will hopefully reap what if has sown.
    BE must be allowed to collapse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭kidneyfan

Support the strikers 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

Trains haven't left limerick or cork, mrs is back home no train to work in dublin.

I have to wonder where abouts these flash points are? The words of the NBRU rep on 6 One last night.
    More like the Union acting like bullies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

Ah for feck sake... that's my day ruined...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

FYI
    Some relief buses for cancelled Cork Train Routes but no guarantee of anything back in evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, all trains seem cancelled in Cork. I'm not even sure what picket lines they'd actually have to cross as train station and bus station are separate in Cork City at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Mancomb Seepgood

Irish Rail are responding to queries on Twitter so if anyone needs to enquire about a specific service it's probably the best way to find out.

From rail users Ireland twitter,
    Irish Rail is not on strike & force majeure is not an excuse per EU court ruling a duty of care exists per EC1371/2007 to assist passengers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

BE workers picketing train stations in Cork. Wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Any impact on Dublin bus services so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,129 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

titan18 wrote: »
    From rail users Ireland twitter,

So there complying with the law by tweeting?

Privatise the lot and be done with it, that's where it's heading anyway.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

The service you mentioned has a connection to Dublin Airport.

I did not specifically mention the other services run by Dublin Coach. I made reference to the new Belfast Dublin service. I asked if Dublin Coach would run other services operated by Bus Éireann. I did not mention its other services.

I asked you if Dublin Coach would run a service between towns but not including Dublin or Dublin Aiport as a stop, for example the Bus Éireann daily service between Drogheda and Trim.

Nice of you to accuse me of changing tack, considering the blatant way you have misrepresented, what I wrote, in a previous discussion.

Forget about previous discussions and forget about getting worked up about posters not replying to points, especially when you have edited your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,228 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wheety wrote: »
    BE workers picketing train stations in Cork. Wtf

Are they actually picketing the train station? That's a joke if so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Am barracaded into a seat on the Docklands service. Train is like a sardine can, hopefully there will be a return service or I have a long walk back to M3 parkway :)

Mushy wrote: »

Ya, cos a few buses pick people up there

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

yes, because they will be paid to do it, just like BE are currently, obviously. And with lower costs then BE would have they'd make money. Why wouldn't they, the only reason not to would be if the NTA didn't provide the buses (like they gift to BE) and they couldn't source them quick enough.

A guaranteed payment fro a pso route regardless of number carried surely must be preferential to the unknown of a fully commercial route?!
    And a lack of busses and drivers won't be a problem after BE goes bust. The privates will be able to pick up BE's busses second hand and the ex-BE drivers will have to make a living in the private sector, most of them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,211 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

This should come as no surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Absoutley disgraceful from the Iarnrod Eireann drivers. While many areas may have coped with just the train and private bus services, cutting the train because they feel too privileged and entitled to pass another company's dispute is just scummy.

Holding the country to ransom is not the answer, I hope the company is wound down tonight and all these entitled cnuts get to avail of their PRSI entitlements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,228 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

This should come as no surprise.

It probably shouldn't, but it's just a bus stop. They should be picketing the bus station and bus depot only, not affecting hundreds of people who don't rely on BE. Not the smartest of moves, it certainly doesn't entice me to support the drivers, much the opposite in fact

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

gaius c wrote: »

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,691 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Anyone?
    No Dublin bus is running fully as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Anyone?

Check various FB pages and Twitter pages, if there's nothing there, then you're fine.

I doubt there will be anyway, they've already gotten their free money.

titan18 wrote: »

Ya, cos a few buses pick people up there
    The bus stop isn't near the station entrances(building entrances I mean)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭thomasj

Fiskar wrote:
    Am barracaded into a seat on the Docklands service. Train is like a sardine can, hopefully there will be a return service or I have a long walk back to M3 parkway

You'll be grand. Services are docklands to m3 parkway until about 7ish then you can get a train from clonsilla to m3 parkway. Just get a maynooth train to clonsilla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

I just got an email from IE that included the option of cancelling my train home later today... I've rented a car and will drive home... extra cost and hassle for me... I am not even a BE user!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

Just said on morning Ireland that there is a meeting taking place in cork and they said that trains will resume at 11am. I'm not sure what's happened with not crossing a picket but something has changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Unions have this country ruined..

Yeh, them unions destroyed the country by agreeing to take on the billions of debt of foreign banks.

Oh, wait.... that was FF. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement