Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread from 14th March 2017

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

This I like.
    So discreet the junkies wont know what it is!
    Although, again, people without a penis can use it, sorry I have to be politically correct!

axixa-660x335.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

rabjoshu wrote: »
    sheee.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&strip=all

Eureka ! There has to be a market for the wavin 'Hewee'
    County enterprize board here I come once again with my feasability study in my hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

What the hell did I miss? Rapping on De Lahv Lahn?

Should I listen back?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Should I listen back?

NO - the show just goes from worse to worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,115 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Should I listen back?

Luckily, Tommy de Rapper spotted that Joe was leading him into a raptrap and skilfully dodged the pitfall.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Did anyone else get the impression that Tommy the (alleged) rapper thought he was coming onto the show to lament the availability of accommodation now that he's been burnt out of his bedsit in Mountjoy Sq, but Joe zeroed in on the tragedy/hero/disaster elements of the incident, and then got caught up in the hilarity of the whole "rap" thing?

He sounded like he was taking the piss out of him by the end of it.

Show was pure trash, as usual. It's my first time tuning in this year (go me!! :D) and hopefully my last - my excuse for today is I was sick in bed and hadn't the energy to change the station.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Did anyone else get the impression that Tommy the (alleged) rapper thought he was coming onto the show to lament the availability of accommodation now that he's been burnt out of his bedsit in Mountjoy Sq, but Joe zeroed in on the tragedy/hero/disaster elements of the incident, and then got caught up in the hilarity of the whole "rap" thing?

He sounded like he was taking the piss out of him by the end of it.

Show was pure trash, as usual. It's my first time tuning in this year (go me!! :D) and hopefully my last - my excuse for today is I was sick in bed and hadn't the energy to change the station.

Joe: Would it be a rare disease caller? How does it make you feel? Are you in much pain? Can you describe de pain? Are you cast down because of de pain and dat? Wat colour is de pain? Have you tried a dropeen of Holy Water? Were you listenin' on de wirless or a trannie? Do you have Skoy Sports? Do you tink you will dye from dis illness? Would you like to donate your body to de Real Boddies Exhibition or your skeleton to Trinity College? Did you know I went to Trinity College? Did you know there's a skeleton in dare dat's been on display for over 250 years? Did you know dat skeleton saw De Rising? Did you know I did wroted a buke about De Childers Dat Did Doyed in De Rising? Would you like to read a copy of de buke while you're sick? You would? Well hopefully a relative or a friend will go to de bukeshop and buy wan for you. It's only €19.99. It was important ta me ta keep de price under €20 so to speak. Wat's dat? You tawt I was going to give ya wan for free, pro grattis so to speak. Don't you be givin' me any of yer auld guff....I mean, I'd love ta caller but de producers won't let me. take care petal, back after deeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Joe: Would it be a rare disease caller? How does it make you feel? Are you in much pain? Can you describe de pain? Are you cast down because of de pain and dat? Wat colour is de pain? Have you tried a dropeen of Holy Water? Were you listenin' on de wirless or a trannie? Do you have Skoy Sports? Do you tink you will dye from dis illness? Would you like to donate your body to de Real Boddies Exhibition or your skeleton to Trinity College? Did you know I went to Trinity College? Did you know there's a skeleton in dare dat's been on display for over 250 years? Did you know dat skeleton saw De Rising? Did you know I did wroted a buke about De Childers Dat Did Doyed in De Rising? Would you like to read a copy of de buke while you're sick? You would? Well hopefully a relative or a friend will go to de bukeshop and buy wan for you. It's only €19.99. It was important ta me ta keep de price under €20 so to speak. Wat's dat? You tawt I was going to give ya wan for free, pro grattis so to speak. Don't you be givin' me any of yer auld guff....I mean, I'd love ta caller but de producers won't let me. take care petal, back after deeze.

Or you could just say, "What befell you, Heidi?".

• Registered Users Posts: 81,890 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

:pac:

I see day do be do be do be do be speakin and spellin de English as good as Joe duz so to speak:

The fire broke out in the basement of the apartment building on February 23 and quickly spread t three buildings. Eught people had to be rescued by fire crews

February 23, not February 23rd?
    t?
    Eught?

There's probably more, I didn't read De hole article so to speak.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Or you could just say, "What befell you, Heidi?".

Or maybe Heidi did fell pregnant?!!! Have you news for us Heidi so to speak???!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

It's hard to believe that a newspaper article now can be based on a phone call to a radio show.

I mean that could be a totally made up story??

pilly wrote: »
    It's hard to believe that a newspaper article now can be based on a phone call to a radio show.

This is not a new phenomenon. I would conservatively estimate that 30-40% of stories on De Lahv Lahn make it into the Indo - we've even had cases where the stories appear online before the end of the show. It's cheap as chips journalism from a rag so to speak.

This is not a new phenomenon. I would conservatively estimate that 30-40% of stories on De Lahv Lahn make it into the Indo - we've even had cases where the stories appear online before the end of the show. It's cheap as chips journalism from a rag so to speak.

That's definitely not what I'd call journalism. I'd expect it from the journal.ie perhaps but not the Independent but obviously I'm naïve.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,890 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Won't matter to the Indo, all libel from anything dodgy will rest with RTÉ as the original broadcaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Or maybe Heidi did fell pregnant?!!! Have you news for us Heidi so to speak???!!

:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭rabjoshu

That's definitely not what I'd call journalism. I'd expect it from the journal.ie perhaps but not the Independent but obviously I'm naïve.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,802 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Heard bits and pieces of yesterdays Liveline while out driving.

About the story of the fire in Mountjoy Square, werent these exactly the type of accommodation units that Joe was crying over a ban being put on them a few years ago. I've seen a lot of these type of buildings and if there is a fire in the basement or ground floor its usually next to impossible for the tenants on the upper floors to escape.

And on the 21 year old fella who had 3 heart attacks while on holiday in Crete, he didnt push the answer as to why the inshurdance didnt pay out. Well I have my own theory on that (a healthy 21 year old having 3 hears attacks isnt normal is it).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

The Indo & journalism! LOL.
    A contradiction in terms to be more precise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

The Indo lost all credibility years ago. Once the Irish Press was gone, it had no real competitor; the Irish Times is still considered too highbrow for many and the Examiner is considered too regional based.

The rise of the tabloids here over he past 20 years, took some of the readers from the Indo and to combat that, they decided to go downmarket. So we now have the biggest selling paper in the country being not much more than the equivalent of the Daily Mail in terms of journalistic quality. Sad really.
    Won't matter to the Indo, all libel from anything dodgy will rest with RTÉ as the original broadcaster.

Nope. Repeating a defamatory remark is still defamation, so they can be sued as well if they repeat it and it isn't true.

Red Kev wrote:
    Nope. Repeating a defamatory remark is still defamation, so they can be sued as well if they repeat it and it isn't true.

I thought that. And RTE are not actually broadcasting it as fact if it's just a conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

I thought that. And RTE are not actually broadcasting it as fact if it's just a conversation.

It still doesn't matter, RTE are liable as they are the medium through which the defamation is made. One very well known case a few years ago was Mary Harney being called an alcoholic by Nell McCafferty on Newstalk, Harney sued Newstalk and won €450,000.

Now she could have sued McCafferty, but obviously Newstalk would have the ready cash to pay her out.

Newstalk, in turn could have sued McCafferty, but they didn't because she either doesn't have the means, and/or it's bad publicity.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/harney-receives-450000-over-radio-alcoholic-slur-26729698.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭rabjoshu

WHOY? demands our Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Is she an illegal immigrant or just 'undocumented '.......?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,115 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

This is madness - a US pensioner bringing in money and putting it into the Irish economy, is told to sling her hook.
    I wonder what doughball thought this up?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

How is this possible when you can come from other countries and get free Everything from the state ?! This angers me !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭manodepeeple

Jaykers!

Faith 'n' begorrah,

Top o' de mornin' to ya,

etc., etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,280 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

public transport is not much use in Ballydehob

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement