Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bishop Eamon Casey dies

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Let the auld beggar rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,445 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Eamon Casey walked into a bar.

"Pint of Guinness please".

"Sorry, we're out of Guinness", replied the barman.

"Ok, do you have any Murphy's?" asked the bishop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

A priest that loved a bit of fanny fair ****in play I say.

Matt.ie wrote: »
    He preached about celibacy? Give us a link to this charge please?
    Thank you in advance.

He confirmed me as a boy,may his soul rest in peace.

You don't see any hypocrisy in a bishop, a position of leadership in a celibate church in fathering a child?

Just because confirmed you as a boy makes it ok? Strange logic. Shows how the church really can brainwash people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad

murpho999 wrote: »
    You don't see any hypocrisy in a bishop, a position of leadership in a celibate church in fathering a child?

Just because confirmed you as a boy makes it ok? Strange logic. Shows how the church really can brainwash people.

Is a crime to father a child now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

It really was mob rule, particularly in the Sunday Independent where mob attacks on people who are down is an integral part of the culture. Unsurprisingly, then as now, the Irish media will never report on all the decades they kept quiet about the goings-on and crimes of the RCC. Wouldn't want to lose readers for investigating the RCC!

Yeah, I remember the Sindo, slavering over ever last detail. They must have got months out of it. It was like Dallas with Irish people. Priests! Sex! The effing late late show!! Sanctimonious b&stards.

It was like the crime of the century at the time - and then look what came after! We didn't know how lucky we were.

Is a crime to father a child now?

Who mentioned a crime?

It is against the laws of the church that he worked for. Did you not hear he resigned because of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Who mentioned a crime?

It is against the laws of the church that he worked for. Did you not hear he resigned because of it?

They didn't seem to mind those raping children, moving them from parish to parish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad

Who mentioned a crime?

You sound very religious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Rip. He wasn't the worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Together again
    2016-12-03_lif_26761780_I3.JPG

Annie was a second cousin once removed from Bishop Casey!!!

Rip. He wasn't the worse.

That was Fr Fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Either the condom broke or it seems he did practice some of what he and the church preached about contraception.

Here's a link to the Late Late show with Annie

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Eamon was a bit of a one hit wonder

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭beertons

YFlyer wrote: »
    Strange heading on his Wikipedia page. Called 'Disgrace.'

Your Grace was already taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Matt.ie

murpho999 wrote:

murpho999 wrote:

What are you going on about man?

The fact I was confirmed by Dr casey was an add on.

Now the question I asked was quiet simple,show me where he perched about celibacy.

You could do with a bit of church yourself I dare say,it might help take the edge off that hate an anger you hold toward religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I wonder will they be serving Any Murphy's at his wake.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

Lovely man. Showed his human weaknesses and strengths. May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Matt.ie wrote: »
    What are you going on about man?

The fact I was confirmed by Dr casey was an add on.

Now the question I asked was quiet simple,show me where he perched about celibacy.

You could do with a bit of church yourself I dare say,it might help take the edge off that hate an anger you hold toward religion.

Matt.ie when Casey became a priest he took a vow of celibacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

murpho999 always has an insatiable thirst for putting down the church.

No doubt he was never treated badly by them or knew anyone that was, he just sees it as an opportunity to spread hate while supposed retaining the moral upper ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

spookwoman wrote: »
    Matt.ie when Casey became a priest he took a vow of celibacy.
    The same as lots of couples enter marriage with every intention of obeying their vows but people are human, they fall in and out of love.

snowflaker wrote: »
    They didn't seem to mind those raping children, moving them from parish to parish

Completely different issue and nothing to do with the protection of paedophiles that occured afterwards.

You sound very religious.

Ha, I hope you're being sarcastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Remember tshirts on O'Connell bridge with slogans around the time the news broke - one was of a Johnny and the slogan was "just in Casey" !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

Either the condom broke or it seems he did practice some of what he and the church preached about contraception.

Just looked at that again, She got an awful time there, how embarrassing for Gaybo & the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Gay Byrne wanker in that interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

Ah Vicwatson we posted at the same time the same video, you think that's a miracle ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭Water John

RIP
    I heard of the fact that he had a teenage son, 3 years before it became public and I live in a diff county. A lot of people must have known.

Certainly knew of a PP in my county having 3 children.
    A good % of priests working in 'third world' countries have partners and children.
    He was wrong on the money issue. He was however treated appallingly by his fellow bishops.

Advertisement