Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

pointless off topic talk about networks in other countries must stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

wideskill wrote: »
    Hi together

I am using my X plan in a smartphone and I uploading videos with it. I am still abroad with it but it's working fine in Greece.

Are you back again?

Lord give me hope! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Dannyman76

Moved to Postfone before Christmas. No speed cap and same network. Had a mobile data outage for a morning lately which customer support told me (got through after 30 minutes!) was down to Vodafone. Tried Gomo a while back signal wasn't as good or consistent. I was Happy with X until Spotify got removed. Got a family deal with Boards.ie users and paying €15 a month on Postfone. X used to be a great bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Anyone use Vodafone X with a router that has a SIM slot?
    Any issues with usage etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭icom

Anyone use Vodafone X with a router that has a SIM slot?
    Any issues with usage etc?

No issues, just throttles the speed when you hit 100GB within the 28 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

icom wrote: »
    No issues, just throttles the speed when you hit 100GB within the 28 days.
    Even on the €30 a month 4G+ plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭icom

Even on the €30 a month 4G+ plan?

I was referring to the €20 euro Vodafone X plan .

The €30 a month 4G plan throttles the speed after 300GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

AFAIK, Vodafone X and Extra plans are capped at 10Mbps for all usage.

From Vodafone X terms...
    4. The Offer Allowance: When this offer is activated by the €20 top up customers will receive the following allowance to use during the offer period: 100 national minutes to use Monday to Friday and unlimited national minutes each weekend; unlimited national texts and unlimited data with a maximum speed of 10Mbps.

...no mention of full speed for any of the allowance. For the Extra U/L plan, 4G+ is pointless when speed is capped at 10Mbps.

It's not a major issue but something to be aware of and since it's PAYG, you're not tied to any contract or bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

icom wrote: »
    I was referring to the €20 euro Vodafone X plan .

The €30 a month 4G plan throttles the speed after 300GB.

Where'd you see this? I have the Vodafone X plan and I'm throttled all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

jdon72 wrote: »
    Where'd you see this? I have the Vodafone X plan and I'm throttled all the time

Everyone is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Everyone is
    Yes with Postpone it's 50Gb which you would in a couple of days in 4G Sim Router in any sort of half busy house...
    I have a huawei Vodafone router the data sim plan was capped at 400gig speeds were excellent.
    Moved to Vodafone sim only unlimited 35 a month deal and speeds are half of the Vodafone data sim even though it says maximum available speed on my sim plan...so Vodafone must have a more maximum speed for the data sim...

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Anybody else win anything on the Vodafone scratch card game?

I just won an Ireland rugby jersey - first time I’ve ever won anything with Vodafone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭bren2001

Anybody else win anything on the Vodafone scratch card game?

I just won an Ireland rugby jersey - first time I’ve ever won anything with Vodafone!!

Just did it there myself. Won a free jersey too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭CoBo55

bren2001 wrote: »

I'd say they've thousands... Giving them away was the only way of shifting them.

bren2001 wrote: »

Wo

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ussi

You can scratch and get 5 Euro credit

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Does this happen every week?
    I have the option to scratch but my missus doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ussi

I won every werk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Got a call from Vodafone last week . Move to them on pre-pay and top up by €20 and get €10 free credit for life . I selected Vodafone X plan for the deal..Now I'm wondering if I change plan to chat extra will I still get the €10 free for life

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

castle2012 wrote: »
    Got a call from Vodafone last week . Move to them on pre-pay and top up by €20 and get €10 free credit for life . I selected Vodafone X plan for the deal..Now I'm wondering if I change plan to chat extra will I still get the €10 free for life

No it'll be on condition you stay on the same plan. You could call them back and ask but highly unlikely they would allow you to move and keep the benefits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭thefareast

It's not much of a deal anyway, do you get to build up the free credit or even buy something on the play store with it? I'm guessing it has to be used in 30 days or such like.

If you want to stay with vodafone, post mobile use its network and costs €15 a month for calls, texts and data. Otherwise gomo or 48 are pretty much the same for a little cheaper.

The days of vodafone being superior to other networks is long gone, their website is a joke, they confuse their bits from their bytes on it, orders are cancelled all over the place on it for no reason and their network is no better or worse than 3 or eirs. Yet they still charge high prices for their plans and their sim only plans are a convoluted mess, don't reward this with your custom.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'm assuming you have a 14 day cooling off period. Make use of it.

thefareast wrote: »
    It's not much of a deal anyway, do you get to build up the free credit or even buy something on the play store with it? I'm guessing it has to be used in 30 days or such like.

If you want to stay with vodafone, post mobile use its network and costs €15 a month for calls, texts and data. Otherwise gomo or 48 are pretty much the same for a little cheaper.

The days of vodafone being superior to other networks is long gone, their website is a joke, they confuse their bits from their bytes on it, orders are cancelled all over the place on it for no reason and their network is no better or worse than 3 or eirs. Yet they still charge high prices for their plans and their sim only plans are a convoluted mess, don't reward this with your custom.
    TBH VF are tops compared to 3 etc, customer care generally v good,data decent,best signal in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lenettes

hey!

has anybody tried to top up vodafone x with recharge.com? is it secure? will vodafone get my credit card data for a direct top up or will i be given a code?

edit: found out that they use amazon servers, i personally don't like that.

any other ideas where i can recharge vodafone x online?

Lenettes wrote: »
    hey!

has anybody tried to top up vodafone x with recharge.com? is it secure? will vodafone get my credit card data for a direct top up or will i be given a code?

edit: found out that they use amazon servers, i personally don't like that.

any other ideas where i can recharge vodafone x online?

Why would you not just use Vodafone.ie or the myvodafone app?

because i have no own credit card and will have to ask family members to top up for me. i would like to avoid vodafone to have the card details because i don't want my family members to have trouble if vodafone tops up automatically from the credit card. i thought with a third party in the middle this will not happen. the app is connected with a credit card, right?

Lenettes wrote: »
    because i have no own credit card and will have to ask family members to top up for me. i would like to avoid vodafone to have the card details because i don't want my family members to have trouble if vodafone tops up automatically from the credit card. i thought with a third party in the middle this will not happen. the app is connected with a credit card, right?

You can use a debit card or topup voucher from a shop. You don't need to have it set to auto renew either but that would be best, otherwise you'll end up getting charged out of plans charges. Using recharge would make no sense at all to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just noticed in my app that detailed usage shows being charged for data yesterday and today even though I have unlimited data.
    Anyone else get charged for data usage?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just noticed in my app that detailed usage shows being charged for data yesterday and today even though I have unlimited data.
    Anyone else get charged for data usage?

i read this can occur when using false APN. you have to use the right one for your plan.

live.vodafone.com (phone data bundle)
    hs.vodafone.ie (broadband bundle)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just checked and it's got the correct one selected.
    Wonder if it's because I used the phone as a hotspot for my tablet, though would assume it would use my data allowance.

Advertisement