Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 westie97

pancyk wrote: »
    I was testing Vodafone X vs Bill Pay, and on BP everything is fine in terms of speed and ping, where X plan has speed limited and ping is quite high.

In terms of using this sim in broadband modem...? Not sure if anyone got any restrictions etc, but if they see that usage is extremely high they can limit as per T&C ?

3. Use of, and access to, the Vodafone Unlimited Package is subject to the below obligations when using our services:

You have an obligation to mainly use our Services for private, personal, and legitimate consumer purposes only. If Vodafone is of the opinion that your usage is contrary to these principles; for example if your usage is excessive to the extent that it is negatively impacting the Vodafone Network, or if your usage constitutes commercial or fraudulent use or is in breach of the law; Vodafone reserves the right to suspend, at its absolute discretion, modify or restrict use of the service or to disconnect you from the Vodafone network.
    I'm in a house of 5 so I would expect to be in the high hundreds in terms of GB usage pm. Do you think less than 1 TB would be deemed excessive?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭pancyk

westie97 wrote: »
    I'm in a house of 5 so I would expect to be in the high hundreds in terms of GB usage pm. Do you think less than 1 TB would be deemed excessive?

Since their official Mobile Broadband plan for 40eur gives only 300GB, I think that 45eur Mobile plan wont be giving more than 300-400GB at high speed ?

It will be great to hear from anyone that's using this sim with around 1TB usage ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 westie97

pancyk wrote: »
    Since their official Mobile Broadband plan for 40eur gives only 300GB, I think that 45eur Mobile plan wont be giving more than 300-400GB at high speed ?

It will be great to hear from anyone that's using this sim with around 1TB usage ?
    Yeah in todays world 300GB might be enough for 2 people but you would have to be constantly aware of your usage and a game download would likely send your over your limit. Its just not enough for most of us to be viable in places where there are no good options.

Im hesitant to sign up as you only have 30 days to cancel the 12 month contract free of charge. Afterwards if they discover what Im doing and make it unviable in a modem its 45 a month down the drain for maybe 11 months since its never financially sensible to cancel a bill pay contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gooduse

Hello,

I told my french friends about the unlimited Vodafone prepaidplan and send 10 simcards to them.

I love it to stream sitting in Marseille in the sun and I hope the plan will stay forever.

Because in France mobile prepaiddata is way too expensive

https://bouygues-telecom.simoptions.com/

I am uploading films with it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

gooduse wrote: »
    Hello,

I told my french friends about the unlimited Vodafone prepaidplan and send 10 simcards to them.

I love it to stream sitting in Marseille in the sun and I hope the plan will stay forever.

No doubt the whures will geo block it v soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

No they won't do any charges the 25 GB Cap are not in use I used a pay as you go sim from the UK from Vodafone in Dublin for testing the roamingcap.

But they also offer a true unlimited deal with no 10 mbits speedrestriction

https://www.superdrugmobile.com/our-plan/Unlimited-Plan

Does this work as good as Vodafone here in Ireland with no restrictions?? And is there any way to get it delivered to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Firbolg

Hello,

You are clearly unwell.

Please stop spamming these threads with this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Hello,

Do you have a friend in every port... Sailor? :pac:

jdon72 wrote: »
    Does this work as good as Vodafone here in Ireland with no restrictions?? And is there any way to get it delivered to Ireland?

No it will pick up the Three network.

You had to ask a UK friend

carbsy wrote: »
    Do you have a friend in every port... Sailor? :pac:

Not in every but in many EU countrys;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

How about my solider friend Punjab in Afghanistan. Will it work there?

carbsy wrote: »
    How about my solider friend Punjab in Afghanistan. Will it work there?

You are joking but Knowroaming covers it

https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/knowroaming-global-sim-card

Does anyone know what network EE uses in Ireland?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Does anyone know what network EE uses in Ireland?
    Eir.

Do you have an EE contract? I have a pay as you go sim from EE which uses in Germany only the O2-Network.

But with Vodafone Ireland everyone should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

this thread is about Vodafone X as a bargain alert. Please take chat about roaming and other networks to the mobiles forum.

I have a question.

Why are some people not happy with the plan?

You can stream Netflix and Youtube also abroad in the EU and Swizerland as well

Many EU plans have a Cap in the UK exept voxi and Superdrugmobile

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭robbiep958

Since the 10mbps speed cap its become very unstable .. i have moved to eir since and they cap at 5mb over the fair usage and its more stable than Vodafone... Then again this is just my experience

I have a question.

Why are some people not happy with the plan?

You can stream Netflix and Youtube also abroad in the EU and Swizerland as well

Many EU plans have a Cap in the UK exept voxi and Superdrugmobile

Basically it's gone to hell supposedly 10 mb download speed rarely reaches it

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

I am using vodafone x plan for 17 days, and speed on my 4g router was 10-11mbps constantly. Tonight speed fall down to 3mps first time for this period. If they continue with this speed, I will consider to go back to three network.

• Advertisement

bondja80 wrote: »
    I am using vodafone x plan for 17 days, and speed on my 4g router was 10-11mbps constantly. Tonight speed fall down to 3mps first time for this period. If they continue with this speed, I will consider to go back to three network.

Same my speeds are crap as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Hey,

Couple of pages back I was asking about this weird issue I was having with Vodafone. After their content block was taken off, mega.nz was still blocked.

Well, I found a "fix" for it.

I called the support today for a completely different reason and asked them update my details, name, last name, date. The support person updated it and suddenly mega.nz started to work. How strange is that?

I reckon after the content lock is taken off, you still need to update your details for it to kick in? I don't know, nonetheless, it was a strange issue I experienced with 2 Vodafone SIM cards.

I just want to leave this here in case somebody runs into a similar issue.

If you're buying a SIM in a shop, they're content locked, after you ask them to unblock it by providing your details, mega.nz will still not work. Call them after a week or two and ask them to change your details and once they do it should work. That is exactly what happened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭smilgy

Ten Pin wrote: »
    There isn't an easy direct fix for APN editing/deletion (unless the option is there in the menu). Try the one plus forums online to get an idea of how to do it. It will probably involve connecting phone to a PC and running ADB commands.

Search online for these terms...
    "oneplus 7 tether dun required"
    "oneplus 7 tether block bypass"
    "oneplus 7 APN edit delete"
    matzen wrote: »
    How did you get tethering to work? I've tried it a couple of times but it takes money of my credit even though the APN is set to live.vodafone.com

So, I had been having this issue where I couldn't delete the HS apn and anytime i tethered, it kept using up my credit. Oneplus/Vodafone set it up in such a way that you couldn't delete the HS apn which was the culprit.

Instead to get around this, I had to add "dun" as the apn type, under the Vodafone Live apn, however, this wasn't allowed by the vodafone sim card. As a weird (and simple workaround), entering "DUN" seems to have worked, and can now tether without issues.

I hope this helps someone, as I struggled to find a solution to this online!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Instead to get around this, I had to add "dun" as the apn type, under the Vodafone Live apn, however, this wasn't allowed by the vodafone sim card. As a weird (and simple workaround), entering "DUN" seems to have worked, and can now tether without issues.

For benefit of other readers, can you post the exact text in that APN type field, punctuation etc.

Did you just get this working recently? AFAIK, ISPs are not allowed to charge extra for tethering any more so maybe VF have finally stopped doing it.

For benefit of other readers, can you post the exact text in that APN type field, punctuation etc.

Did you just get this working recently? AFAIK, ISPs are not allowed to charge extra for tethering any more so maybe VF have finally stopped doing it.

Good idea. I've attached a screenshot of what I've entered exactly. It is: default,supl,DUN

Yep, I only got it sorted today after eating through a tenners credit. I had been with Vodafone for years and tethering was fine, then briefly moved to three for a couple of months and now back to Vodafone, where it would just use credit instead of using the plans data. This was because there is a permanent hs.vodafone.ie apn that you cannot delete as per the rules in the sim card.

I think this may somewhat be phone specific, as when I was searching for a solution, others were simply able to delete the HS apn, but I was not. Then I checked what the apn type was under the HS, and tried to set the live apn to the same, but it wouldn't let me, then after more googling, I found that you could try using all caps for apn type dun, and it worked.

I am by no means an expert in this, but it worked for me anyway, may not for others!

Even the Vodafone CS rep said to try switching to the Vodafone apn, as using the HS apn would charge to your account. He called it a "workaround" and when you switch to the live apn, it should work like "magic". His words not mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

smilgy wrote: »

I think this may somewhat be phone specific, as when I was searching for a solution, others were simply able to delete the HS apn, but I was not. !

Think you're right. Couldn't delete the hs apn on my OP7T but no problem on my Samsung FE20.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I think this may somewhat be phone specific, as when I was searching for a solution, others were simply able to delete the HS apn, but I was not. Then I checked what the apn type was under the HS, and tried to set the live apn to the same, but it wouldn't let me, then after more googling, I found that you could try using all caps for apn type dun, and it worked.

Can HS APN MNC field entry be edited? If yes then delete the '01' and press OK, then press HOME button (because it probably won't allow SAVE). Then go back in to settings and check if HS APN is still listed.

I notice that when RESET TO DEFAULT option in APN menu is activated, the HS APN does not appear, only the LIVE and MMS APN. Prior to this all three APNs would appear after APNs were reset.

Can HS APN MNC field entry be edited? If yes then delete the '01' and then press HOME button (because it probably won't allow SAVE). Then go back in to settings and check if HS APN is still listed.

Unfortunately anything to do with the HS apn is greyed out, can't edit or delete, only save changes (which I can't make) or discard changes.

Vodafone have a new plan for €30/month called "Extra Unlimited". It is advertised as unlimited 4G+ data but further down says maximum speeds 10 Mbps. Does anyone know if they stick to the cap on it?

• Advertisement

Vodafone have a new plan for €30/month called "Extra Unlimited". It is advertised as unlimited 4G+ data but further down says maximum speeds 10 Mbps. Does anyone know if they stick to the cap on it?

They certainly do atm

Advertisement