Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

pancyk wrote: »
    I'm on bill pay with VF on 45eur month mobile plan with unlimited speed -everything works sweet when I use my sim in Huawei B315 modem or sharing internet from mobile hot spot - getting around 80Mb/s download and 20 upload, on the same spot with VFx it's diferent story - in my case forget about using this as broadband sim in a modem - speed is limited to max 10-12 , and ping can be over 200ms, trying to do anything is a pain
    it’s a balls this 10mb crap

pancyk wrote: »
    I'm on bill pay with VF on 45eur month mobile plan with unlimited speed -everything works sweet when I use my sim in Huawei B315 modem or sharing internet from mobile hot spot - getting around 80Mb/s download and 20 upload, on the same spot with VFx it's diferent story - in my case forget about using this as broadband sim in a modem - speed is limited to max 10-12 , and ping can be over 200ms, trying to do anything is a pain
    it’s a balls this 10mB crap

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gooduse

I also use Voxi from the UK.

The 25 GB cap never were used in Ireland or the EU or Swizerland!

I was in the Netherlands with it made 250 GB of data

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭robbiep958

The 10mb download speed cap isn't enforced though on Vodafone as it isn't for me ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

gooduse wrote: »
    I also use Voxi from the UK.

The 25 GB cap never were used in Ireland or the EU or Swizerland!

I was in the Netherlands with it made 250 GB of data

What on earth are you on about? :eek::P

• Advertisement

Voxi is a service from Vodafone UK for younger persons like Vodafone X in Ireland.

I coudn't post a link here sorry please use Google-

I orderd 4 Vodafone Ireland and 4 Voxi simcards to save money in Germany. Mobile data is really expensive in Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭theintern

robbiep958 wrote: »
    The 10mb download speed cap isn't enforced though on Vodafone as it isn't for me ???
    It's hit and miss. I can run a speedtest sometimes and not get capped, and from the exact same location a few hours later, get capped at 10. It's not happening all the time to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

theintern wrote: »
    It's hit and miss. I can run a speedtest sometimes and not get capped, and from the exact same location a few hours later, get capped at 10. It's not happening all the time to everyone.

Yeah.. Usually at peak times.

robbiep958 wrote: »

It is for me

Vodafone X is great for people who lives abroad in Belgium or Germany or Netherlands to save a lot of money

This are the prices for mobile data in the Netherlands and Germany for example

https://mobile.lebara.com/nl/en/prepaid

https://mobile.lebara.com/de/en/prepaid/tarife

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Vodafone X is great for people who lives abroad in Belgium or Germany or Netherlands to save a lot of money

This are the prices for mobile data in the Netherlands and Germany for example

https://mobile.lebara.com/nl/en/prepaid

https://mobile.lebara.com/de/en/prepaid/tarife
    Does that work? Do you not need to be on the home network (Vodafone irl) for a certain amount of time each month?

DopeTech wrote: »
    Does that work? Do you not need to be on the home network (Vodafone irl) for a certain amount of time each month?

Thankfully not. It really workes

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

DopeTech wrote: »
    Not for a certain time each month but you do need to be ordinarily resident in or have stable links with Ireland (ie make frequent visits) or they will cut you off eventually.

Some, if not all, networks have suspended enforcing this during the pandemic but expect normal service to resume next year.

They won't cut me off.

Have you ever tryed to use your plan a long time abroad

I send some simcards from Vodafone to my Belgium and Hungaryien friends,because their dataplans are crap.

My belgium friend also recives one

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

Hi can use vodafone x 4g internet(sim in 4g router) for viber whatsup skype messenger calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Hi can use vodafone x 4g internet(sim in 4g router) for viber whatsup skype messenger calls?

It doesn't need to be in a router for those tasks as long as phone hotspot works (which it should).

It should also work in a router once the APN is set, best to use an unlocked router.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    It doesn't need to be in a router for those tasks as long as phone hotspot works (which it should).

It should also work in a router once the APN is set, best to use an unlocked router.
    ok thanks, Yes router is unlocked.

Hi, how to setup apn in my 4g router? i am not getting internet on my router.

• Advertisement

Hi, how to setup apn in my 4g router? i am not getting internet on my router.

live.vodafone.com

Router settings are accessed via 192.168.1.1 from a device web browser connected to router (PC via LAN/wifi or phone via WiFi).

Some routers might have specific URL for settings page.

live.vodafone.com

Router settings are accessed via 192.168.1.1 from a device web browser connected to router (PC via LAN/wifi or phone via WiFi).

Some routers might have specific URL for settings page.
    thanks, I done all that, but speed is only 10mb download and upload. what about you?

Vodafone X is capped at 10Mbps so that's probably the reason. Is/was it any better in a phone?

Vodafone X is capped at 10Mbps so that's probably the reason. Is/was it any better in a phone?
    same.

I send some simcards to my belgium and germen friends because they really pay too mutch

I send some simcards to my belgium and germen friends because they really pay too mutch

I am on the 10th month in Germany now made 300 GB of data with it.

I am on the 10th month in Germany now made 300 GB of data with it.

I could kiss the country for that.

Thanks Ireland now my belgium friends csn sleep well with unlimited data

Well done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

bondja80 wrote: »
    thanks, I done all that, but speed is only 10mb download and upload. what about you?

Did you order the SIM online?

Can you please check if you can open mega.nz website?

Advertisement