Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bigtophat13

Last property for the night I promise - people can answer it when up - For easements and right to support and protection, am I right in understanding from Todd v Cinelli and Latimer v Official Co-Op Society that they're more inclined to give the easement where it physically supports or is attached to the other vs. Phipps v Pear and Treacy v Dublin Corpn where it's just protection from the elements? Does that make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Last property for the night I promise - people can answer it when up - For easements and right to support and protection, am I right in understanding from Todd v Cinelli and Latimer v Official Co-Op Society that they're more inclined to give the easement where it physically supports or is attached to the other vs. Phipps v Pear and Treacy v Dublin Corpn where it's just protection from the elements? Does that make sense?

Right to protection from weather is an ancillary right stemming from right to support, it can’t exist on its own

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kasey0123

Does anyone know if essays come up on enhacement of SOP ? Or development in relation to separation of powers in the constitution? Any idea how you would even approach that question.. seems he doesn’t like when people just talk all about the non delegation doctrine ?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

I'm covering the following:

4 interpretations
    amending the Constitution
    president and AG
    oireachtas
    courts
    SOP
    judicial review
    finding of unconstitutionality
    due course
    personal rights (4)
    equality
    property rights
    freedom of expression
    family and education

is there anything else that is important to cover or that is due up?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Legal_Eagle_95

EU

Pretty specific question but for those covering private international law - are the Reg and Directive relevant to that in Blackstones? Cannot for the life of me find it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Jaspoon12

Is there any indication or hint as to what cases will appear on the case note this year for constitutional??

holliek wrote: »

4 interpretations
    president and AG
    oireachtas
    courts
    SOP
    judicial review
    due course
    personal rights (4)
    equality
    property rights
    freedom of expression
    family and education

If you don’t have 5 Qs with that every Fe1 student is doomed!! I have the same as above bar family and equality!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭lawlad101

4 interpretations
    president and AG
    oireachtas
    courts
    SOP
    judicial review
    due course
    personal rights (4)
    equality
    property rights
    freedom of expression
    family and education

If you're worried after covering that much then I am absolutely screwed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Naddy666

What is everybody studying for EU?
    Also does anyone have an predictions on what the case notes may be?

lawlad101 wrote: »
    If you're worried after covering that much then I am absolutely screwed :D
    kasey0123 wrote: »
    If you don’t have 5 Qs with that every Fe1 student is doomed!! I have the same as above bar family and equality!

What are you's looking at under freedom of expression? I've just looked at press freedoms and ECHR?

Also don't worry I haven't covered everything in each chapter just sections e.g. SOP just covered non-delegation doctrine and art 37 judicial issues

• Advertisement

What are you's looking at under freedom of expression? I've just looked at press freedoms and ECHR?

Also don't worry I haven't covered everything in each chapter just sections e.g. SOP just covered non-delegation doctrine and art 37 judicial issues

For expression I've kinda done it under how it clashes with other rights, so:
    Expression vs right to good name
    Expression vs privacy
    Expression vs due process rights (pre trial publicity, contempt etc)

As for ECHR, I just looked up article 10 on Wikipedia and there's a subsection there with the main cases from the ECtHR! Nothing too fancy, just want to be able to show how serious the ECHR are at protecting expression.

Random question but for the President and AG topic - am I right in thinking that it is really straight forward? Im just looking at it now and it's only a few pages with barely any cases. Seems like a handy topic?

Id say I have about 15 cases in total..
    AG V paperlink - right to communicate
    Murphy v IRTC - ban on religious adv (didn’t offend art 10 of ECHR)
    Colgan v IRTC - ban on political adv
    Colgey case - about the nursing home, it was in the public interest to show the doc so no breach of privacy, prior restraint
    Herrity - the affair with the priest published in the newspaper and the phone scripts obtained unlawfully so breach of privacy
    Mahon v Keenan and Kennedy about the press
    Mahon v an post - prior restraint, strength of freedom of expression
    Otto v Austria - ban on religious adv in line with Murphy
    Hunter v gerald duckworth - balancing right to good name with FOE
    hickey case - plaintiff had a child with David agnew while married and pictures published of her in the NP, but she had done an interview on it so no breach of privacy
    O brien v RTE- Denis o brien docs with the bank no breach because public interest
    Cornec v morrice - journalistic sources and bloggers
    Kelly v o Neil - contempt
    Axel springer v Germany - they listed a few conditions that the court would consider in balancing art 10 and 8, good for problem Qs apparently

Lingens v Austria - person of public importance attracts more criticism !!

Hope that helps.. I’m assuming if it comes up it’ll probably be something to do with journalistics or social media bloggers tweeting something maybe or something politically fuelled ..

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sbbyrne

F

Random question but for the President and AG topic - am I right in thinking that it is really straight forward? Im just looking at it now and it's only a few pages with barely any cases. Seems like a handy topic?

I was just looking over this and thinking the same. A lot of the roles of each etc, are contained in the constitution? Then there's only a handful of cases - concerned i don't have enough but not sure what else to add?

sbbyrne wrote: »
    I was just looking over this and thinking the same. A lot of the roles of each etc, are contained in the constitution? Then there's only a handful of cases - concerned i don't have enough but not sure what else to add?

Tempted to just write down every Article 26 referral I know and be like 'look how class the president is'

Tempted to just write down every Article 26 referral I know and be like 'look how class the president is'

hahhaha "he's a great little lad really"

Yeah I'm assuming that it would just be a simple essay question. The president has come up as do you think the office of the president is now redundant? But I'd imagine the AG would be even broader. I have like 4 cases in my AG answer but NONE in the president!!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭LawGirl3434

Would anyone have any key cases on freedom of assembly I'm missing?

Have DPP v Bennett, DPP v Kehoe, Brendan Dunne v Fitzpatrick & Hyland v Portlaise Racing Co

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Sineaddh

Anyone know what’s the best bet for contract?

Have DPP v Bennett, DPP v Kehoe, Brendan Dunne v Fitzpatrick & Hyland v Portlaise Racing Co

Becton, Dickinson LTD v Lee - no right to picket under Constitution

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jaspoon12

What case notes are everyone studying for tomorrow?

• Advertisement

I somehow missed all of the section on Freedom of Assembly, don't ask - could anyone give me a one liner on some of the cases above? I can't find anything substantial online. PANIC IS SETTING IN

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭LawGirl3434

I somehow missed all of the section on Freedom of Assembly, don't ask - could anyone give me a one liner on some of the cases above? I can't find anything substantial online. PANIC IS SETTING IN

DM me your number and I'll send you a picture.
    Do not panic, tiny topic with very few cases
    You got this! :)

You're a lifesaver! I'll DM now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Fe1hayes

Sineaddh wrote: »
    Anyone know what’s the best bet for contract?

Everything I'm leaving out specific performance,agency,Formal requirements maybe privity but I know it vaguely. I don't think there's many chances you can take it's not predictable and a lot of mixing.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 legallywrecked

Hope the exams are going well for everyone! How did people find property today?

Is freedom of assembly important? I haven't studied it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 20 FE1s2018

Hope the exams are going well for everyone! How did people find property today?

Nice paper in general. No real shocks.

1. Finding PQ.
    2. Co-Ownership PQ A- Commorientes B- General Co-own pq.
    3. Succession E- Duties of testator to wife and children.
    4. Family E-
    5. Mortgage PQ-
    6. Adverse Possession E- reform.
    7. Succession PQ- Validity of will
    8. Write note on 2/3- Rights of Residences, Estoppel Licenses, Equity.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bigtophat13

Is freedom of assembly important? I haven't studied it at all

It's rare but it would be a shame to not take the question that legitimately only has 5 cases expected to be in an answer for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Daly29

So happy to finish on a good note with a nice Property paper. Really hope I don't loose my 3 because of that Tort exam.

Good luck on the rest everyone :-) :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SwD

Could some kind soul drop an equity grid into my inbox, please :) Final stretch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement