Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I just checked out the new Super Mario and looks good. I think I prefer the 'traditional' format to Odyssey and so will probably get that.

Might get Bomber Crew later, wasnt aware of that and looks pretty decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

JustShay wrote: »
    Must add you for a game of Splatoon 👠I feel the same, I’ve so many unfinished games �� and then addictive games like splatoon or marionkart don’t allow you to finish Zelda, your farm on Stardew or Mario Odyssey!

#SwitchWorldProblems.

Cool, I must stick my code up on the other thread when I think of whipping it off my Switch when I'm at home.

Just past rank 10 now but haven't tried any ranked matches yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I remember reading this or a similar thread a couple months back and people were mentioning what I gathered to be a popular indie game, it seemed to have the title of a girls name, or something like that. All I know I'm afraid, but hoping it'll ring a few bells here??

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cianos wrote: »
    I remember reading this or a similar thread a couple months back and people were mentioning what I gathered to be a popular indie game, it seemed to have the title of a girls name, or something like that. All I know I'm afraid, but hoping it'll ring a few bells here??

Celeste?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

It's probably Celeste

• Advertisement

That was it alright, thank you :)

I just checked out the video preview, looks great but probably too hard for my 7 yr old

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I just checked out the video preview, looks great but probably too hard for my 7 yr old

It does come with an easy mode but some of the themes may not be suitable for a 7 year old

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Rayman Legends is great for young and old alike. There's a reason why it got ported to everything. A lot of variety and a manageable difficulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Rayman Legends is great for young and old alike. There's a reason why it got ported to everything. A lot of variety and a manageable difficulty.

Celeste is way too hard, stressful for a 7 year old. Totally agree with the Rayman Legends recommendation above. My 8 year old daugjter loved it. It has fantastic graphics, music, design. Plus she can choose from many characters including female characters. And it's cheap right now.

(edit)
    I keep recommding legends on here. :) But it is fantastic. There are amazing music levels on it and brilliant and fair boss battles. Great variety. Daily challenges. Download the demo and try it. This is 20 euro in Smyth's. Reward the developers for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

fixxxer wrote: »
    Mario is out tomorrow?? Fss I'm still playing Diablo, Smash bros. and Bomber Crew :-/ Was going to get Lets Go Pikachu too.

I had forgotten about the Final Fantasy games. I don't think I ever finished 12 so would be nice to go back to it. I have all the others sitting on the Vita in the corner so won't need them thankfully.

My son got this for xmas and I have to say its just a glorified Pokemon Go, there's no grinding anymore against wild pokemon you just catch them and gain xp, it really took the fun out of it for me and he hasnt even touched it either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

There's far more random battles now to make up for that. It's far more than a glorified Pokémon go. The catching mechanic is simplified but the rest remains the same from the original.

conormario wrote: »
    Celeste is way too hard, stressful for a 7 year old. Totally agree with the Rayman Legends recommendation above. My 8 year old daugjter loved it. It has fantastic graphics, music, design. Plus she can choose from many characters including female characters. And it's cheap right now.

(edit)
    I keep recommding legends on here. :) But it is fantastic. There are amazing music levels on it and brilliant and fair boss battles. Great variety. Daily challenges. Download the demo and try it. This is 20 euro in Smyth's. Reward the developers for this.

I forgot about Rayman too. It's an amazing game. It can be quite challenging in some places, but there's so much to the game. Definitely a worthwhile purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That "Castle Rock" level had me grinning like a loon every damn time I played it.

The "Grannies World Tour - 8 Bit Edition" had my eyes melting by the time I finished it though...

Star Lord wrote: »
    That "Castle Rock" level had me grinning like a loon every damn time I played it.

The "Grannies World Tour - 8 Bit Edition" had my eyes melting by the time I finished it though...

Bwah-bwah-bwah-bwah-da-da-dum! :)

Loved the music levels.

Got the Hollow Knight last night and so far I'm not seeing what the fuss is about! I gave a review a read and it said the first few hours are a bit of a grind but as the game develops it gets a lot more immersive. Would that be the consensus here?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Got the Hollow Knight last night and so far I'm not seeing what the fuss is about! I gave a review a read and it said the first few hours are a bit of a grind but as the game develops it gets a lot more immersive. Would that be the consensus here?

Yeah I was totally underwhelmed early on but now think it's a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah it's a great game once it opens up (and you get abilities like Dash and Double Jump).
    Hard at the start though.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Loving the switch so far, RDR2 has taken up my time up to now.

Same to the above post, wish there was a decent reduction in the AAA zelda and mario for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Gamestop is 60.

55 in argos & smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭eggy81

sugarman wrote: »
    €47 on Amazon if it helps.

EDIT:

Also €47 @cdkeys for digital downlaod
    Cheers for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How does DLC work on a shared switch or parental account. Like I know someone who got his son a switch and doesn't want him playing online but how can he get the Pirahna Plant DLC? Would he need to set up a parental account and get it through that? Like does DLC be available to all accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Delighted to be a Switch owner again. Regretted selling my original one the day after, ah well. Super Smash Bros. is out and I can use my Smash adapter and controller from the Wii U. Whoop!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Star Lord wrote: »

If I had to pick one level out of one game as my favourite, castle rock would be it!
    I can't believe I never played grannies world tour looks like the kind of challenge I long for in a level. I love grinding a tough level for hours on end, so much more rewarding that anything else.

Life is too complicated... :)

Let's go Eevee is 5 quid more than LG Pikachu in Smyths.

And as my daughter informed me, Eevee is a different species to Pikachu and not Pikachu's girlfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

conormario wrote: »
    And as my daughter informed me, Eevee is a different species to Pikachu and not Pikachu's girlfriend.

Wow. That young and already a Pikachu supremacist! Tough break.

I hated it but didn't want to take a bath on the price so ground on. It sublimes into far more than the frustrating first few hundred in-game quids worth of grinding would suggest. Remember to recover money you dropped from where you died and buy the map and compass asap. Then it opens up.

Banjo wrote: »
    Wow. That young and already a Pikachu supremacist! Tough break.

I hated it but didn't want to take a bath on the price so ground on. It sublimes into far more than the frustrating first few hundred in-game quids worth of grinding would suggest. Remember to recover money you dropped from where you died and buy the map and compass asap. Then it opens up.

She wanted and got LG Eevee. It's easy to get Pikachu in that version. In LG Pikachu it's harder to find Eevee. She says.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Finally got to play a switch today, played some Mario kart 8 and 1-2 switch and they were enjoyable games. Now I want a switch even more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Finally got the wife to play Mario Kart yesterday, and only cos a friend of ours was over visiting and is a Mario Kart fan from the SNES. Suggested we play 3 player and they were on board.
    It was an instant hit. This could be the start of something hopefully.

Finally got the wife to play Mario Kart yesterday, and only cos a friend of ours was over visiting and is a Mario Kart fan from the SNES. Suggested we play 3 player and they were on board.
    It was an instant hit. This could be the start of something hopefully.

Love the cup the starts in sunshine airport (plans taking off while your are racing)) and ends with mount wario (Nintendo need to do a AAA skiing game). Plus electrodome in there as well (characters dancing on the big screens is hilarious).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

STILL havn't picked up my switch. Damn the temptation and urge has been going on so long.

Nearly planned to walk into curry's and pickup their Smash offer and it looks the best about at the moment for what my voucher can use (Argos, SMyths, Currys)

I've left this off so long , I've actually been humming and haughing since launch, that I'm now at the point of thinking I might just wait to see what the refresh is later this year I keep hearing about. Either better than I get that one, or OG Switches come down again in price.

Something about Nintendo pricing always puts me off. A console I know won't have third party AAA games, and from the outside looks seriously driven by indie (Which I hate on PC and a genre I completely dismiss, but feel I'll force myself to try again on Switch)

Misses even said last night as I was watching Switch videos to just get a grip and go get it, so I even have permission. What is wrong with me?!?!

Advertisement