Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Seen that katamari damacy is out for the switch now.

Love me a bit of katamari. I played the demo last night and the controls are arkword as ever ha.

Is it worth the 20 euros on the é shop?. I have about 6.50 in gold coins so will only be 13.50 and I am trying to think is it worth it?.

As I paid i think 40 for touch my katamari on the vita 7 years ago.

Hmm weekend to think about it now

Playing it here. Not as much fun as the last one I played, on the 360. But still well worth what I paid for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Picked up katamari damacy today after been on the wall about it all week.

Good game so far the controls are a nightmare as ever to get used to.

Very happy with it for 20 euros!!!.

Girlfirend got me wonderboy for xmess as well not a bad game with the small bit I played so far.

I have had the switch since day 1 and I have never been dispointed with the console. I love the thing and to make people laugh gets more use then my one X!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

skerry wrote: »
    The Switch has surprised me yet again. For some reason when I picked it before Christmas the last thing I thought I'd be using it for was good PVP. Bought Splatoon 2 yesterday and haven't stopped playing the feicin thing all day :D

Thanks for all the input on internet speeds lads. Had a few disconnects in the lobby while trying to get a game but nothing major and haven't had any in a match. Played the first area of campaign and jumped straight into multiplayer. Still finding my feet and losing more than I'm winning but not doing bad overall.

There's obviously a bit of the new toy factor with The Switch for me but my Xbox and PS4 have literally only been turned on to download free monthly games since I got the Switch and there's no sign of that changing. Fantastic little console.

The game purchasing is getting out of hand though, too many good games to catch up on.

Must add you for a game of Splatoon 👠I feel the same, I’ve so many unfinished games 😅 and then addictive games like splatoon or marionkart don’t allow you to finish Zelda, your farm on Stardew or Mario Odyssey!

#SwitchWorldProblems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

I noticed in the last few days that my Right Thumbstick is drifting. Anyone else have this issue? Should I bring it back to shop or contact Nintendo?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

nedd wrote: »
    I noticed in the last few days that my Right Thumbstick is drifting. Anyone else have this issue? Should I bring it back to shop or contact Nintendo?

It really depends on the age - I *think* GameStop will only exchange within 3 months, but I could be wrong.

Either way, they are responsible for doing the repair for you. If you feel more comfortable dropping it to the place of purchase, they are obliged to facilitate the repair for you, don't let them fob you off to Nintendo, if you don't want.

That said, it's generally better to go to Nintendo directly (again, depending on age, if it's a week old, I'd be back to the shop), and in my experience, they are fast, normally about 7 days turnaround for a joycon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

I sent two left joy cons off before Christmas out of warranty and both were repaired free of charge. I put the receipts in as proof of purchase and there was no mention of a charge throughout the process. I’ve received both back now and they are working perfectly. Great Service!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

tony1980 wrote:
    I sent two left joy cons off before Christmas out of warranty and both were repaired free of charge. I put the receipts in as proof of purchase and there was no mention of a charge throughout the process. I’ve received both back now and they are working perfectly. Great Service!

Nice. Nintendo charged me as I was 1 month outside warranty. Fast turn around though from them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone played Labyrinth of Refrain Coven of Dusk? any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

See humble bundle are now selling switch games ?

Us only for the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well possible they might bring in EU too, they had an EU only Nintendo Bundle years back so they can get access to the rights to sell/distribute EU Ninty games somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Boys and girls I've a question for anyone who's willing to answer!?

I've went threw 3 official screen protectors that got in smyths all them had issues with bubbles no matter which way install them.

Is there anywhere in Dublin I can go buy a decent plastic or glass one or do I have to go online??

Thanks!

Never had an issue with this one Screen Protector Nintendo Switch - Orzly Premium Tempered Glass [0.24mm] Screen Protector TWIN Pack [2 x Screen Guards] for 6.2 Inch Tablet Screen on Nintendo Switch Console https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N9RG3XS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_OcpnCbPPZFQRR

tony1980 wrote: »
    Never had an issue with this one Screen Protector Nintendo Switch - Orzly Premium Tempered Glass [0.24mm] Screen Protector TWIN Pack [2 x Screen Guards] for 6.2 Inch Tablet Screen on Nintendo Switch Console https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N9RG3XS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_OcpnCbPPZFQRR

Thanks! Seen this one mentioned already. I take it don't sell it in shops right? Just looking at trying get one tommorrw if possible.

Thanks! Seen this one mentioned already. I take it don't sell it in shops right? Just looking at trying get one tommorrw if possible.

I don’t think you would get it in a BricknMortar store unfortunately. I think a few people have mentioned one in Argos which is supposed to be good. I can’t remember which one though.

I don’t think you would get it in a BricknMortar store unfortunately. I think a few people have mentioned one in Argos which is supposed to be good. I can’t remember which one though.

Just the plastic twin pack from what I can find anyway?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was gonna get tales of vesperia on switch on friday but I noticed it 10 euro's dearer than other platforms, bummer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

I was gonna get tales of vesperia on switch on friday but I noticed it 10 euro's dearer than other platforms, bummer!

36 euro delivered on base.com i think, its decent bc its portable tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

How/where did you sort out a repair? I need a joycon fixed but when I went through customer care site I kept getting a message that they couldn't recognise my post code.

I emailed them a couple weeks ago but have only gotten an automated reply so far.

How/where did you sort out a repair? I need a joycon fixed but when I went through customer care site I kept getting a message that they couldn't recognise my post code.

I emailed them a couple weeks ago but have only gotten an automated reply so far.

Yes, I had the same issue but I was in a chat session with them and told them so they asked for my email address and to then reply to them with the details in the email including the postcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I'd a similar issue in that they use Google maps to locate for courier, and maps hadn't been updated with my eircode. Ended up having to use the office address. Its been happening a good bit with UK deliveries lately.

• Advertisement

I'm just glad it wasn't me being stupid :P I've emailed them again looking for a follow up, it'll be two weeks tomorrow since I first got in touch. I knew there'd be delays over Christmas but didn't think it would take this long to get a response.

It did give me the perfect excuse to buy a Pro controller at least :D

I'm just glad it wasn't me being stupid :P I've emailed them again looking for a follow up, it'll be two weeks tomorrow since I first got in touch. I knew there'd be delays over Christmas but didn't think it would take this long to get a response.

It did give me the perfect excuse to buy a Pro controller at least :D

Can you try the online chat instead? I got sorted straight away doing that.

I also used it as an excuse to buy a Pro Controller :D

Can you try the online chat instead? I got sorted straight away doing that.

I also used it as an excuse to buy a Pro Controller :D

Yeah if I've not had a response tomorrow I'll give that a go

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Any big games on the way at all?

I have to say that there didnt seem to be much big releases over Christmas at all, other than maybe Super Smash Bros, which wouldn't be my cup of tea.

Mostly played CIV for the last few months, Football Manager before that and Zelda before that. I bought Prison Architect on sale which has been surprisingly good but keeping an eye out.

I guess maybe the new Ultimate Alliance game might be one of the next big releases but not sure how enthused I am on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

J Mysterio wrote: »

I have to say that there didnt seem to be much big releases over Christmas at all, other than maybe Super Smash Bros, which wouldn't be my cup of tea.

Mostly played CIV for the last few months, Football Manager before that and Zelda before that. I bought Prison Architect on sale which has been surprisingly good but keeping an eye out.

I guess maybe the new Ultimate Alliance game might be one of the next big releases but not sure how enthused I am on that one.
    Super mario bros. U deluxe is out on Friday. Personally I can't keep up with the amount of games listed. On my radar at the moment is diablo, but I've preordered the mario game as I didn't pay it on Wii u. Did you play fifa 19? Seeing as you played football manager. There's a news and releases thread in here which should keep you updated. Yoshi is the next big first party original game I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

J Mysterio wrote: »

Super Mario is out tomorrow, which is supposed to be pretty good, but if you've played it on Wii U, probably not worth your while.

Off the top of my head, we have a few Final Fantasy games in the next month or so, Fire Emblem, Yoshi Crafted World in March, and there's also Animal Crossing and a Luigis Mansion game due this year. Some remakes/ports like Crash Team Racing, and those Marvel Alliance games (Loved the first, don't think I was as fond of the second).

There's a new core Pokemon planned for this year too, but probably towards the end.

Rumour wise - There's still a chance for Metroid 4 and Bayonetta, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The Prime Trilogy, I think, is likely.

iamtony wrote: »
    Super mario bros. U deluxe is out on Friday. Personally I can't keep up with the amount of games listed. On my radar at the moment is diablo, but I've preordered the mario game as I didn't pay it on Wii u. Did you play fifa 19? Seeing as you played football manager. There's a news and releases thread in here which should keep you updated. Yoshi is the next big first party original game I think.

Thanks. I have Mario Galaxy too but not totally crazy about it. Would consider a new Marios Bros game though.

Not sure Diablo is my bag. As for FIFA, I'm a PES man!

Have to say I expected more big releases but its probably that my interest is becoming a bit more niche over time. Im not enthralled by much of the new games on PS4 either so I'm probably the issue in some ways. Bought Battlefield V and have barely played it.

For the Switch, I'd like more strategy games like CIV, Rabbids, Prison Architect. X-Com would be perfect for switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Mario is out tomorrow?? Fss I'm still playing Diablo, Smash bros. and Bomber Crew :-/ Was going to get Lets Go Pikachu too.

I had forgotten about the Final Fantasy games. I don't think I ever finished 12 so would be nice to go back to it. I have all the others sitting on the Vita in the corner so won't need them thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Yeah there are a ton of games I want to get already, besides not having played the ones I have enough, not to mention loads more coming out. And I am probably one who would have been a bit annoyed with the lack of big releases in '18!

On my radar to pick up:

Civ
    Diablo
    Dark Souls
    Crash
    Pokemon
    FF games
    New SMB

Probably loads more as well.

Advertisement