Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spring 2017 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭giveitholly

so lads any sign of a few dry days coming up in the next 7-10 days or what are the charts showing?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Blissful beautiful day yesterday!

Driving is a great pleasure and release for me as I lose my physical ease of mobility more and more and I am of course new here so many "roads untravelled" which for me have a sacredness...

SUN! I explored Galway beyond Connemara and sun all the way. Shining off the lakes and ocean, even off the overspilling rivers....

No not warm; a definite chill in the air in exposed places and still snow atop the highest mountains when I came back to Connemara.

Long may this last!

West Connemara 400 ft asl

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Today - now that is an unequivocally gorgeous day!

Ah I could get used to this.. sitting on a rock by a stream, face lifted to WARM SUN and the robin singing his sweet song.. Sweet sweet day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Doctor Shivering

Lovely day again
    Still some snow on Lugnaquilla today

https://imgur.com/gallery/3oP92

• Advertisement

Lovely day again
    Still some snow on Lugnaquilla today

https://imgur.com/gallery/3oP92

I drove to and past Killary Fjord yesterday and snow on two of the peaks there too; am not on first name terms with their Majestic Heights yet or ever....;)

But so quiet too.. no wind. shhhhh!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a peach of a day here, first day in well over a month that I didn't require a jacket to go outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »
    a peach of a day here, first day in well over a month that I didn't require a jacket to go outside.

yep same here, got the grass cut for the 1st time this year, took a while though, plenty of growth in it over the last 3 weeks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yep same here, got the grass cut for the 1st time this year, took a while though, plenty of growth in it over the last 3 weeks

our garden is like a meadow and still way too wet to take the mower out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Nice day today what is call a decent march day. Clouded over this pm and got a bit chilly but was lovely in the sun this morning. Ground way to wet to cut though. Would love a month of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Nice day today what is call a decent march day. Clouded over this pm and got a bit chilly but was lovely in the sun this morning. Ground way to wet to cut though. Would love a month of this.

I'd love a month of this

5n0009Z.png

(March 27th 2012)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »
    our garden is like a meadow and still way too wet to take the mower out.

yeah mine was like a meadow to, i just fired up the mower and mowed through it, to be fair the ground was dry, so was the grass that wasn't in shade, it was a lot better then i taught it was going to be, because on monday it was very squelchy under foot

• Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Beautiful sunny morning here in West Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,360 ✭✭✭cml387

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Beautiful sunny morning here in West Clare.
    You were very lucky in Clare this morning, I can see from the sattelite.

I'd say it's changed by now, heavy drizzle here in Fermoy.

Normal service resumed its grey dull and cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I'd love a month of this

5n0009Z.png

(March 27th 2012)

A few days like that are certainly nice but I have to say, I get bored of weather like that very quick. When the sky is consistently clear like that I begin to feel the sky has totally emptied itself or something. Like there is a void. This may be psychological though since I do live in a region that is one of, if not the dullest on the entire planet and such sunny scenes take a bit of getting used to. :P

New Moon

back to the cool, grey and drizzly dank.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Very pleasant here with sunny intervals in between grey cloud - my favourite weather besides snowfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Brace yourself folks, the 'mercury could soar' to a whopping 14.0c this weekend! :eek: Time to bring out the sun tan lotion, sit around in fields and parks, wearing trendy shades, waving our hair and looking purrrdy; or queue up at the ice cream van because culture dictates that we must do such things when the pale, diluted, washed out Irish sun appears in early March.

http://www.msn.com/en-ie/weather/topstories/irish-weather-temperatures-soar-to-14c-as-ireland-prepares-for-sun-drenched-weekend/ar-AAo5Fln?ocid=spartanntp#image=1

Why is it that mass media outlets always seek to humour and appeal to the lowest common denominator? I guess there is money to be made from absolute bollix. :rolleyes:

New Moon

That's by far the best thing I've ever read, I fully thought it was Waterford Whispers at first!

Temperatures soar to 14 f*ucking degrees ahahah

• Advertisement

'Tis a gentle day out there. Calm and quiet and mild. The mountains are variously draped in mist, resting their Majestic Heights..

Just sheer bliss after gales and deluges... Enjoyed pottering around the "estate" earlier...

A resting place, this weather... may even get some small gardening done... Or just sit in the serenity.

Happy!

Stunning out today, would love to get the grass cut (I don't recall it having grown this much through a winter in a long time) but it's still too wet. In a sheltered spot you could sit out in a T-shirt!

West Clare.

Dry dull but very mild feeling out there. Everywhere is still wet though so no chance to cut grass. Not exactly what that ridiculous newspaper article reported surprise surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Beautiful day in Castlebar, 15.1C with barely a puff of wind out.

Sun breaking through now it's lovely and pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Beautiful afternoon out

calloo callay o frabjous day....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Announcing the arrival of blue skies in Galway city :)
    Lovely afternoon - gentle westerly breeze and 12.8C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It looked promising at around midday but the cloud thickened again in Waterford.

Spring on hold until tomorrow by the looks of it

• Advertisement

Lumi wrote: »
    Announcing the arrival of blue skies in Galway city :)
    Lovely afternoon - gentle westerly breeze and 12.8C

connemara agrees and shares...

Funny; this is the first time since I came here back in January that we have had warm sun and the roof is ticking in the warmth! It is corrugated stuff that does that. The first sign of spring is a ticking roof!

Advertisement