Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox Game Pass

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Doom, Fallout 3, The Evil Within 2 and Yakuza: Like A Dragon are all coming to Game Pass, almost certainly announced tomorrow

CatInABox wrote: »
    Doom, Fallout 3, The Evil Within 2 and Yakuza: Like A Dragon are all coming to Game Pass, almost certainly announced tomorrow

Tunnel Snakes rule!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Pretty incredible set of announcements for Game Pass from E3 today.

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1404151744481820674?s=19

It's hard to believe this is sustainable.

Pretty incredible set of announcements for Game Pass from E3 today.

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1404151744481820674?s=19

It's hard to believe this is sustainable.

Why wouldn't it be? I'm sure they have a plan in place. Or do you mean the price will go up?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Nice one, Psychonauts 2 free day one. I loved the first which is also on Gamepass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭brady12

Only negative is no age of empires on console

Why wouldn't it be? I'm sure they have a plan in place. Or do you mean the price will go up?

Just all feels too good to be true but I'm sure MS know what they're doing. It is an incredible offering, must be the best value for money going for just about any entertainment service. I'm sure the price will go up eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AndyWhite1

After the E3 presentation, I have no regrets for buying the pass
    Have you guys seen it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    The series X/S version of fallen order is available now. I have it through gamepass/ea access and its updating now.

Having 1000/1000 it I have little want to download it again. I wish there was another achievement stack like what the PS5 get.

E3 though, wow. I used the deal in the sticky, my game pass expires december 2023. I don't have to worry about buying a game... ever it seems.

With Like a Dragon coming to gamepass, I think I will just hold off buying Lost Judgement, it's only a matter of time that comes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

brady12 wrote: »

I am gutted about this aswell but I can understand the decision.

• Advertisement

Just all feels too good to be true but I'm sure MS know what they're doing. It is an incredible offering, must be the best value for money going for just about any entertainment service. I'm sure the price will go up eventually.

Well considering that the numbers are so dominant for the PS since the last gen, it's really going to take something drastic to swing it back the other way.

Looking at Boards, it often looks like it's around 10:1 so it will take more than a few exclusives to bring that number down and Gamepass looks to be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

It seems from much of the online commentary that MS aren't too worried about console sales numbers (other than to say that Series S|X is doing well). But, if they can add a few PS folks who wold never buy an Xbox this early in the lifecycle to be Game Pass Ultimate (to play on PC / Mobile) then they might see it as win-win, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Microsoft are selling a gaming ecosystem via a subscription model, and a component of that is the Series consoles. I'm not trying to downplay the fact that unit numbers matter - that they'd still like to sell as many Xbox consoles as possible - but honestly, everybody knows Sony is going to come out on top there. Xbox selling half the unit numbers is still Xbox doing monster business. This "There can only be one!" stuff is proper mid noughties, when people really did back one horse to try and take over gaming.

brady12 wrote: »

I noticed its on cloud though. And cloud is coming to xbox. I wonder if it means mouse and keyboard will also be coming to cloud? Highly speculating here :-D

I noticed its on cloud though. And cloud is coming to xbox. I wonder if it means mouse and keyboard will also be coming to cloud? Highly speculating here :-D

I wonder is it that difficult for a PC mouse and keyboard to connect to Xbox?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I wonder is it that difficult for a PC mouse and keyboard to connect to Xbox?

Xbox has had mouse and keyboard support for ages, only some games use it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Buttros

Out of curiosity i took a look. More games than i would have expected have mouse and keyboard support.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/xbox-one-games-mouse-and-keyboard-support/

Im not sure it works with the cloud service. If it doesn't wouldnt be surprised if its added at some point.

But, if they can add a few PS folks who wold never buy an Xbox this early in the lifecycle to be Game Pass Ultimate (to play on PC / Mobile) then they might see it as win-win, eh?

This was me. Have never been interested in an Xbox console before, and given I've a decent PC I don't really need a Series X either, but the MS ecosystem is so good now I decided to get one anyway.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon is so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Yakuza: Like a Dragon is so good.

Loving the yakuza series so far (on 4 atm) kinda hoping they add the persona series, don't care if it's not on game pass I'd happily but them

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I've had the yakuza games on my to do list for a long time but there's so many of them I keep putting them off. Are they all massive too?

Have to say since I got the razer kishi it's opened up gamepass for me in a big way, have been subscribed for ages but would only play the odd game usually on pc, I think I've tried ten or so different games in the past week alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I've had the yakuza games on my to do list for a long time but there's so many of them I keep putting them off. Are they all massive too?

You can blaze through them by skipping the (many, many.....many) cutscenes and giving the side quests a miss. I love these games but they're all very, very similar tbh. I wouldn't personally recommend playing them all one affter the other as it feels you're playing one game for weeks and weeks on end.

Not tried Like A Dragon yet which is an RPG I believe but I've downloaded it and will try it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Have to say since I got the razer kishi it's opened up gamepass for me in a big way, have been subscribed for ages but would only play the odd game usually on pc, I think I've tried ten or so different games in the past week alone!

Definitely worth it. I'm one of those who often wants to complete every side mission etc so I'm taking my time going through the series.

Currently on Yakuza 5 and I'm feeling the pain a bit now as they introduced yet another character that I have to level up and start from scratch.

Besides that, the series is a lot of fun. I love the storyline and the oddness of it all, even when it does verge on the absolute bizarre at times!

Y:LaD has a new protagonist so it's a good place to jump in if you don't want to play the entire series. If you like it you could go back and play Y0 which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Y:LaD has a new protagonist so it's a good place to jump in if you don't want to play the entire series. If you like it you could go back and play Y0 which is great.

Pretty much a brand new game with a new battle system, RPG style.

Had a hilarious mini-game in a cinema yesterday :D

Every time I see Yakuza footage I'm not drawn to it, but I hear nothing but positive things.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Every time I see Yakuza footage I'm not drawn to it, but I hear nothing but positive things.

Imagine a soap opera with occasional mad stuff and violence

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Loving Gears Tactics, very addictive

I skipped straight to like a dragon. It works well on the phone+kishi.

Really enjoying the game. I'd like if there was more gameplay, sometimes feels more like watching an animated movie than playing a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Advertisement