Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why people have children

Options
  • 28-02-2017 12:10am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23

Ireland has(still?) the highest birth rates in European Union. I was thinking why would anyone want to have children. Seems to me like a self inflicted torture. Screaming, shouting pooping, huge responsibility for absolute minimum of 18 years. I was thinking maybe Ireland has highest birth rate because abortion is illegal? So people who don't want children are still forced to have unwanted children which results in abuse and children growing up and resorting to crime (proven by studies). For example Germany has lowest birth rate in Europe, can someone explain to me correlation between the birth rates of Ireland and Germany?

Old article from Irish times
    I doubt much has changed

IRELAND HAS the highest birth rate in Europe, according to the latest statistics from the Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).

The birth rate of 17 per 1,000 of population, up from 14.4 per 1,000 in 2000, was the highest of any of the 27 countries of the European Union in 2009, according to the Perinatal Statistics Report 2009 published yesterday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

how is babby formed
    how girl get pragnent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

It's human instinct isn't it?

I never wanted kids, I liked them but i never wanted any. But the closer I get to 30 the more baby crazy I get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I was thinking why would anyone want to have children.
    How did you get here?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,023 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

sometimes guys forgets that 'johnny has you covered'

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Ireland has(still?) the highest birth rates in European Union. I was thinking why would anyone want to have children. Seems to me like a self inflicted torture. Screaming, shouting pooping, huge responsibility for absolute minimum of 18 years. I was thinking maybe Ireland has highest birth rate because abortion is illegal? So people who don't want children are still forced to have unwanted children which results in abuse and children growing up and resorting to crime (proven by studies). For example Germany has lowest birth rate in Europe, can someone explain to me correlation between the birth rates of Ireland and Germany?

Old article from Irish times
    I doubt much has changed

IRELAND HAS the highest birth rate in Europe, according to the latest statistics from the Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).

The birth rate of 17 per 1,000 of population, up from 14.4 per 1,000 in 2000, was the highest of any of the 27 countries of the European Union in 2009, according to the Perinatal Statistics Report 2009 published yesterday.

Surely if you were able to stretch the explanation that far, it becomes obvious that Irish people are having more sex than their German counterparts?

I could believe that :pac:

Why do people have children? Because they want to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭batistuta9

For some it's part of a predetermined plan that they think is the only way to live life & you have to follow it.
    College - job - partner - marriage - house - kids.

Others I think have kids to give them some sort of 'meaning' in their life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 weekday

any girls out there looking to get together to have a baby?

pm me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

We do it for the children allowance.....And the joy of never having any time or money ever again;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Lower unemployment in Germany, so less people having sex

Germans were much older when they finish studying, plus they previously had to do a year of military service. So they were later entering the workforce. This meant they were older by the time they had an established career which meant they were older starting a family, so less time for more kids. You don't see many German families with more than 2 kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I'm complete underachiever so I decided to project my ambitions on kids.

The first one is pretty so I hope he'll marry well. The second one has a potential to be mafia boss or a dictator if she doesn't get pregnant at 14 by some Anto...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I was thinking why would anyone want to have children. Seems to me like a self inflicted torture. Screaming, shouting pooping, huge responsibility for absolute minimum of 18 years..

Ask your parents...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

I want them because they'll make me happy, I want to be a dad. I have a paternal instinct in me, can't wait to clean all that poop up and see them grow. From day 1 will be training him/her to be a professional footballer, it's an investment really.should be able to retire when I'm 50 once he/she breaks into a premier league team ill be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

You say it like its a bad thing. Ireland's birth rate is still too low to even sustain a population, so there will be problems with the ageing populatiojn in future. Its high comapred to the ridiculously low birth rates of continental europe. trying to encourage conditions such as in the demographic time bomb that is germany is not something for a country to strive towards

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

It's one way to get a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,106 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Because they are f**king great. Best thing to ever happen me and every day you get a little bit of priceless (along with the sh1t, grief, worry etc.)

AH answer, my slong is so big that it burst through the XL johnny a few times.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The cleaning up poop stops for a while between 4 and 16 so you get a decent break.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I think you can be happy without them. I couldn't deal with not having any time to myself and being confined. And for what? So they can grow up and do the same? I'm probably a nihilist but kids are not for me, life is too good without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Because single mothers allowance in Ireland is the best career choice in Europe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 abdulabduler

To ensure the survival of the human race?

World is extremely overpopulated.

• Advertisement

And some people need to just have babies you know, for survival of man kind. Not many people consider it this way when having children though. But if everyone was in line with your thinking, and nobody had children ,would you think thats best?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,253 ✭✭✭✭endacl

This post has been deleted.
    Nah. To ensure the replication of the genome, which gives not fcuk one what species it replicates in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

PARlance wrote: »
    Because they are f**king great. Best thing to ever happen me and every day you get a little bit of priceless (along with the sh1t, grief, worry etc.)

AH answer, my slong is so big that it burst through the XL johnny a few times.

I feel your pain, even trojan magnums feel tight on my meatpole. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭RoisinClare6

We have a serious overpopulation issue on this planet. I get the human race must continue but think of it this way the more kids we all have the more pressure on the earth leading to its inevitable destruction. So people are thinking of the now but not the kind of world they're great grand kids will have to live in. We're neglecting and killing off so many species of animals everyday for what...a great future?

I'm trying not to be dramatic but how many generations are we away from having no animals left, no rainforests or sea creatures?

kids in a few years won't know a world outside climate change and computers. Before anyone thinks I'm an old fogie giving out..I'm 25!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,913 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I never wanted kids, my nieces and nephews are great though. Darlings all of them, and I can hand them back. lol.

So much money for me now and so little worry or responsibility.

I am also saving the over populated planet, but enjoying the consequences of a child free life.

Each to their own though. The want and need to procreate is obviously something that by passed me!

World is extremely overpopulated.

Ireland is not, and cannot be described as such in any way
    The world is not over populated, we just use resources incredibly wastefully. If westerners ate half the amount of food we do we'd all still be very well fed, and something like half of our food goes in the bin while people starve around the world. So theres plenty of resources about, its just we don't feel the need to share them with those less fortunate

wakka12 wrote: »
    And some people need to just have babies you know, for survival of man kind. Not many people consider it this way when having children though. But if everyone was in line with your thinking, and nobody had children ,would you think thats best?

Yes, world is extremely overpopulated, humans are destroying this planet.

wakka12 wrote: »
    Ireland is not, and cannot be described as such in any way
    The world is not over populated, we just use resources incredibly wastefully. If westerners ate half the amount of food we do we'd all still be very well fed, and something like half of our food goes in the bin while people starve around the world. So theres plenty of resources about, its just we don't feel the need to share them with those less fortunate

We are straining mothers earth's resources, Ireland is not overpopulated but almost every other European country is, prime example England.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

For the mickey money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

We have a serious overpopulation issue on this planet. I get the human race must continue but think of it this way the more kids we all have the more pressure on the earth leading to its inevitable destruction. So people are thinking of the now but not the kind of world they're great grand kids will have to live in. We're neglecting and killing off so many species of animals everyday for what...a great future?

I'm trying not to be dramatic but how many generations are we away from having no animals left, no rainforests or sea creatures?

kids in a few years won't know a world outside climate change and computers. Before anyone thinks I'm an old fogie giving out..I'm 25!

A good war or two will sort out that kind of stuff. If not, we can start killing off the pensioners. They seem to be the population that is growing the most.

Advertisement