Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland to play Test Cricket in 2018?

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

anyone have any news on the hills vs north county game either today or yesterday? apparently irish and English special forces cops were there with guns and arrested some fella with alleged involvement with terrorism?

parents were at match telling me this, but cant find anything online.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/game-over-for-cricket-playing-sham-marriage-organiser-1.3504789

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

England currently 72/3 on Day One of the First Test - suddenly, our own collapse doesn't look too bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Australia say no to an Ireland test match next summer due to lack of time :( They've only enough time for one warm up match and have opted for an English County instead.

There will be a 4 day test vs England at Lord's though. But you can't catch the dart to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Yep, I see that on the BBC website so it must be cosher, good news

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Why 4 days? I mean fair enough, I don't think England will be able to bat 2 days either but what if a day gets rained off?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Why 4 days? I mean fair enough, I don't think England will be able to bat 2 days either but what if a day gets rained off?

If we lose a day to rain, then they'll probably be able to escape with a draw!

Also, a 4 day test means that the follow-on target will be 150 runs rather than 200, so an English follow-on is less likely. ;)

Advertisement