Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 209: Woodley vs Thompson 2 Sat Mar 4th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,374 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

What is that gobshîte Bilzerian doing in the octagon?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Possibly the worst fight of the year so far, no sympathy for Wonderboy he tried to win a point scoring fight I despise Woodley but couldnt care after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

martyos121 wrote: »
    What is that gobshîte Bilzerian doing in the octagon?

hes next up for the 170 belt probably :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm disappointed Woodley didnt fight the entire fight the way he did round 5. And I'm also disappointed Wonderboy didnt throw more kicks like he promised he would. Just scared of being taken down. I mean....I get it.....but he said he had learned from the first fight not to be so tentative.

Depp wrote: »
    hes next up for the 170 belt probably :D

That's why GSP is moving up, he's ducking Little Legs Dan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Worst title fight ever. I demand my hours of sleep returned to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭The White Feather

It's a strange end. I thought Wonderboy won but he didn't do enough to win a title.

Woodley I thought lost but he didn't do much that you would say he should lose his title.

Everyone just feels a bit miffed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

annnd.... shleeep

I had Woodley winning 2 rounds, Wonderboy 2 at least and the other a draw maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I just don't see how you can give these little slide in slide out and refuse to engage chuck noris kick boxing league slaps any time of day. He did fecking nothing the whole fight. Woodley should have just shot a ****ty single every round and humped him to death, would have been more exciting than that load of willies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I thought Wonderboy done enough but no sympathy for him. There's no chance of a rematch.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ok, I think it will be a majority draw for Wonderboy

My prediction nearly came true! So close but incorrect!
    ???
    A draw for wonderboy/Woodley isn't possible. A draw is a draw.

It's like when people score a fight "X by split decision"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Gamebred wrote: »
    I had Woodley winning 2 rounds, Wonderboy 2 at least and the other a draw maybe.

Anybody not scoring Round 2 a 10-10 draw needs their head checked.

In fact, I'd make a case Rounds 1 and 2 should be declared VOID for timidity by both men.

Woodley clearly won 2 Rounds.

You can't say Wonderboy clearly won any round. As such, meh, give him the fight.

I'd have been ok with them giving it to Wonderboy either just to get that muck over with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Woodley is a d1ckhead
    Wonderwoman is a d1ckhead

Strictly come UFC has launched - urrrghh - annoyed at that! G'luck

Cancel the Maia fight and let him strangle Woodley asap please.

Mellor wrote: »
    ???
    A draw for wonderboy/Woodley isn't possible. A draw is a draw.

It's like when people score a fight "X by split decision"

What are you talking about? It was a Majority draw for Woodley the first time. Here is the wiki
    A majority draw is an outcome in several full-contact combat sports, including boxing, mixed martial arts, and others sports involving striking. In a majority draw, two of the three judges agree that neither fighter won (i.e. tied scorecards), while the third judge indicates one fighter being the clear winner on his/her scorecard.[1] Thus, the majority of judges see the outcome as even and the result is announced as such, although one judge gave a clear victory on his/her card to one fighter.
    The outcome is one of the rarest judged decisions in professional boxing and MMA, apart from a unanimous draw (where all three judges score the fight as a tie), or a split draw (where a judge scores a winner of each fighter, as well as a judge scoring a draw).
    An example of a majority draw is during UFC 205's Tyron Woodley vs. Stephen Thompson card. Of a three judge-panel, two judges have scored a draw, but the final judge awarded Tyron Woodley 48-47.

Wrong, if that other judge scored it for Wonderboy wouldnt of mattered the majority of judges went draw hence the result.

So none of the judges gave round 2 as a 10-10, the only reason one card was 47-47 was because Sal D'Amato gave round 5 to Woodley 10-8.

That is one massive load of bullshît.

Wrong, if that other judge scored it for Wonderboy wouldnt of mattered the majority of judges went draw hence the result.

Jeez I know that. I was just predicting that 2 judges would score a draw and one for Wonderboy.i just said it a draw for wonderboy hoping to get that decision. Not just each judge saying it was a draw. I knew it would be close and was just wondering if I could get it right.

It's irrelevant as I was wrong. Jeez ye are a tough crowd tonight!!!

• Advertisement

True its 6am am in no humour for debating draws lol

Months more now of Woodley playing the race card..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Cancel the Maia fight and let him strangle Woodley asap please.

This sounds good

Cancel Maia vs Gamebred, have Maia vs Woodley in June instead and then let GSP and Maia hug the feck out of each other in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Could have been a draw but had no problem Woodley getting it. He was the busier, I'm glad pressure doesn't swing the round as much compared to boxing.

Speaking of pressure, Wonderboy needs to learn how apply it. Dancing in front of your opponent is well and good but if you are fighting another counter puncher you need to draw them into exchanges to give you an opening. I get that he's scared of Woodley's overhand right but you'd think he'd have a few counters worked for it.

Lukker- wrote: »
    I get that he's scared of Woodley's overhand right but you'd think he'd have a few counters worked for it.

Or you know, actually throw a punch now and then... Or learn some bjj so he's not like a flipped turtle on his back praying to be let back up by the ref or the bell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

That was shocking. I cant stand woodley at all.

Wonderboy v mcgregor would be epic both so evasive and great timing. Conor wouldnt have to worry about takedowns it would be 15 or 25 minutes of unorthodox standup magic:)

Does anyone disagree with Wonderboy 1 2 4? 2 was debatable at best surely. 3 and 5 100% Woodley rds.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Terrible terrible terrible.
    Both fighters annoyed me.
    I'd prefer Woodley as champ because I've already seen Wonderboy use this tactic against Rory and that was a snooze fest. 
    I honestly wish Maia would have a shot now. Woodley isn't hurt at all, disgrace that Maia has to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Does anyone disagree with Wonderboy 1 2 4? 2 was debatable at best surely. 3 and 5 100% Woodley rds.

In the context of the fight I'd give Woodley the 10-8 for round 5.

I think round 2 could of been a draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

I seen the first fight live in NY and I thought round 4 was the only decent round iirc. I had no idea why people were calling it a fight of the year candidate.
    I am not surprised it was an awful fight, but somehow I still hoped it would surprise me.

Advertisement