Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roundabout right of way

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Would never work in Ireland. I have seen too many people enter a roundabout from the left lane, indicate left and go to the last exit whilst indicating left the whole way. Other drivers enter from the left, indicate left, change lanes to the right hand lane whilst indicating right, the switch left again without indicating and exit straight ahead. The problem is that too many people simply don't know the rules or make up their own here. If turbine roundabouts were to work, they would have to have solid legal foundations, so there can be no doubt that these idiots cannot obfuscate their way out of this.
    In practice a lot of roundabout accidents end up being 50/50, because the judge can't be arsed.

Because one doesn't need to change lane, such rb can have articulated lane separators. Solves the issue, one really needs to be persistent to cross one of those...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Would never work in Ireland. I have seen too many people enter a roundabout from the left lane, indicate left and go to the last exit whilst indicating left the whole way.
    unless i'm misreading you, you're saying it'd never work here because irish people don't understand lane discipline on roundabouts, which is the very problem this is designed to solve.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭dirtynosebeps

Del2005 wrote: »
    There's no merge in turn in this country, the person changing lane has to give way.
    one of the best replies i've ever seen on boards.
    changing lanes is not a right of way even if your in the right hand lane. right of way doe not literally mean the car in the right hand lane has " right of way"
    neither is an indicator.
    for some reason people in this country seem to speed up and just cut in front of the vehicle in the left lane giving them little or no braking distance.

Advertisement