Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Gotta match them gymshark seamless leggings gurl, wha?

I had to google “gymshark leggings”. Now I want some.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 39,154 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Powerlifter pulls out of Invicitus games after been caught with drugs and weapons.
    The 36-year-old former rifleman denies taking any drugs that may have affected his performance at the Games Prince Harry founded for wounded and ill defence veterans in Sydney.

Fair enough. What was it, coke, some pills? Nope.
    ..he was allegedly found with cocaine, testosterone, and the anabolic steroids stanozolol and fluoxymesterone...

...and the unauthorised possession of restricted drugs including melanotan – commonly known as a “Barbie” drug used by people wanting a tan – and the breast cancer drugs letrozole and anastrozole....

Anabolics, PCT drugs, bodybuilder tan pills, and cocaine. But you were only minding it for a mate. Oh Tyronne :pac:

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/aussie-athlete-quits-invictus-games-drugs-embarrassment-035253315.html

Edit:
    He was arrested last month. But he competed yesterday and took silver in powerlifting. Benching 171kg at a bodyweight of 93kg
    But still has shotput, discus, and bizarrely swimming to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Myprotein rebrand looks snazzy but I see they have lashed £1 on the price of 1kg of impact whey :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

• Registered Users Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

IvoryTower wrote: »

Oh no.

Now I can't bulletproof my diet by ruining coffee.

*sad face*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

I feel like you'd shorten your life just arguing online about this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Anyone else not a fan of the new myprotein site?

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Anyone else not a fan of the new myprotein site?

How different is it? I went on and had a look...thought it had a different look about it but the functionality seems the same?

The browsing is different now. Before you could hover your mouse over the menus on top to view different categories but now you have to click through separate lists. Most of the time I know exactly what I'm looking for so the search function is grand but I find this a step backwards for browsing.

When I hover over nutrition, I get a drop down with all the different categories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Grand for me too. What browser you using?

Perhaps the oul cache could do with a clearout. Hit Ctrl-F5 on the site and see if it helps.

Grand for me too. What browser you using?

Perhaps the oul cache could do with a clearout. Hit Ctrl-F5 on the site and see if it helps.

Had in my head that shortcut was the same as the Ctrl+W one and had a
    bit of a giggle.

Disappointed it was legit.

Had in my head that shortcut was the same as the Ctrl+W one and had a
    bit of a giggle.

Disappointed it was legit.

Sorry for Alt-F4ing your fun

O interesting. It was actually because I had the window at a smaller size than usual. It seems to switch to a more mobile looking setup if you bring down the browser window size. All good it basically looks the same when full screened.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Bulk powders 40% off

Elverys buy one get one half price, includes the expensive gym equipment

JJayoo wrote: »
    Elverys buy one get one half price, includes the expensive gym equipment

I had always thought owning two treadmills was a pipe dream.

Elverys: making dreams come true since 16:42

Don't suppose anyone knows where the Liffey Valley Flyefit is going?

Saw a lad spotting another lad on Barbell OHP despite being about 4" shorter.

Helping him lockout a rep.

That's a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Reps4jesus

Saw a lad spotting another lad on Barbell OHP despite being about 4" shorter.

Helping him lockout a rep.

That's a new one.

Any Spotting on OHP just scares me. It just always looks like a disaster waiting to happen

Reps4jesus wrote: »
    Any Spotting on OHP just scares me. It just always looks like a disaster waiting to happen

That's exactly what it looked like.

Well, an accident waiting to happen on Brokeback Mountain.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I can’t think of any circumstance where it would need to be spotted.

Unless the floor was made of glass and there were sharks swimming in a underground pool beneath it. Did you witness this in the employee gym of a hollowed volcano?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »

Unless the floor was made of glass and there were sharks swimming in a underground pool beneath it. Did you witness this in the employee gym of a hollowed volcano?

It's one of those things you chalk down as an apocryphal tale...until you witness it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,154 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Brian? wrote: »

"Need" to be spotted. Nope. Pretty safe and straight forward to fail.

But the majority of spotting that I see isn't for safely. It purely to do a few reps with a weight you can't lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

@Reps4jesus love the user name. No homo. Please subscribe to my youtube channel...New Videos!...every....

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

I saw a lad stick the safety bars all the way to the top of the rack so he could do his OHP. And no, he was not pin pressing. It was just the barbell too, I have no idea what he thought would happen if he couldn't press it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I was doing some work at odd hours the last few weeks , so got a few day passes for flyefit chq.

It's small but pretty decent, all the gear you need.

However the mens changing rooms are so small. You couldn't swing a cat and certainly I found it hard to change without being a bit intimate with others...

I can only admire the management for their no fcuks given attitude in building them and banking on the publics acceptance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Remember reading the thread on it, the consensus was that most office workers would have showering facilities in their work so not a big deal for the planners.

I work in the area and we do have shower facilities though I wouldn’t fancy throwing my coat on and making my way back to work for a wash...my gym is down the country anyway

40% off everything on Myprotein today for Black "friday"
    and 2*2.5kg bags of whey for €50 on bulkpowders.ie

Been 2 years since I've ordered anything from myprotein but it seemed ridiculously expensive just now

• Advertisement

Been 2 years since I've ordered anything from myprotein but it seemed ridiculously expensive just now

Yeah they bumped up the prices on some products like impact whey with the rebrand a month or so ago, but the prices pretty much build in the year round 25-30% discount now I think. With sterling and the euro the prices are ok once you get a 30%+ code imo

I got new leggings for £19 (€21) :-)

Advertisement