Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

bluewolf wrote: »
    maybe he just wants to be like Bane
    Don't we all

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Knee wraps for RDLs.

I shouldn't be surprised anymore but I kind of was.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,047 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mellor wrote: »
    I was doing some kettlebell carries the other day, latest fixation of mine, and I began wondering.

what's the world record Press/Waiter's carry?, and
    what's the heaviest kettlebell in existence? Both comp and non comp I guess

Never got any answers or suggestions for this one guys.

I'm not mad, just disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

bluewolf wrote: »
    maybe he just wants to be like Bane

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭whippet

Never got any answers or suggestions for this one guys.

I'm not mad, just disappointed.

We had a 92kg Kettlebell in a Gym I used to go to ... it took a bit of getting used to but once you got in to the swing of it 'pun intended' it was great craic !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Any half decent pay as you go gyms in mullingar?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,732 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

whippet wrote: »
    We had a 92kg Kettlebell in a Gym I used to go to ... it took a bit of getting used to but once you got in to the swing of it 'pun intended' it was great craic !

Was it attached to the end of a crane??

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Any half decent pay as you go gyms in mullingar?

I can't vouch for this place but a lad I know does weightlifting training there

https://www.fitness4uhub.com

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Was it attached to the end of a crane??

A crane would have helped .. but once it got moving it was more about control than shifting the weight !

whippet wrote: »

That’s the shot.
    Was it massive?
    I seen Cain Velasquez lumping a 92kg one around once. It’s looked pretty big.
    Wondering how heavy a comp kettlebell can be?
    Vaguely remember a guy filling one with uranium. :eek:

• Advertisement

There was a guy on reddit who said a 92kg one was filled with depleted uranium but later said he was joking.

Apparently 64kg is the heaviest competition KB. There's a clip of lads pressing it at an Arnold Expo for reps.

Here's the 92kg KB on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Ader-Premier-Monster-Kettlebell-92kg/dp/B0011EMVOC

100kg KB:

IcTLZvM_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

That’s the shot.
    Was it massive?
    I seen Cain Velasquez lumping a 92kg one around once. It’s looked pretty big.
    Wondering how heavy a comp kettlebell can be?
    Vaguely remember a guy filling one with uranium. :eek:

It was a big lump alright .. but not that massive .. actually if you google Ollie Quinn 92kg kettle bell you will see a similar one .. he used to have a gym in Westport .. but there was nothing kettlebell related he didn’t do !

There was a guy on reddit who said a 92kg one was filled with depleted uranium but later said he was joking.

Apparently 64kg is the heaviest competition KB. There's a clip of lads pressing it at an Arnold Expo for reps.

Here's an alleged 70kg competition bell. Although the number 70kg painted on proves little
    And also possibly the guy you mentioned claiming it was filled with uranium.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/kettlebell/comments/6g12zy/at_70kg_this_is_the_second_heaviest/

But I can't find the guy who had a DIY heavier one packed with uranium cake.

Edit: Got it!
    Post #9 in this thread. Found it by searching uranium
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63805378

The link has gone dead though.

Double Edit:
    Wayback machine to the rescue

https://web.archive.org/web/20090414213503/http://www.americankettlebellclub.com/blog/?p=251

• Registered Users Posts: 17,847 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Reps4jesus

I wouldnt consider myself an ego lifter, generally use good form etc, but for some reason, everytime I use the lat Pulldown I just find myself going too heavy on it. Dunno why it is but I just dont seem to be able to just use the damn machine correctly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Can we use this as a vent thread? Just about ready to bash my head off a wall! Haven't done a back squat or full ROM deadlift in almost a year and a half now. Back is tanked. Every time I get close to it being back to normal something happens. Usually I know where I fucked up but last Monday I just woke up and it felt like I injured it all over again after just starting to feel back to normal. I have no idea how this could have happened from going to bed feeling grand to waking up feeling extremely sensitive. Frustrations keep mounting!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Reps4jesus

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Can we use this as a vent thread? Just about ready to bash my head off a wall! Haven't done a back squat or full ROM deadlift in almost a year and a half now. Back is tanked. Every time I get close to it being back to normal something happens. Usually I know where I fucked up but last Monday I just woke up and it felt like I injured it all over again after just starting to feel back to normal. I have no idea how this could have happened from going to bed feeling grand to waking up feeling extremely sensitive. Frustrations keep mounting!

That absolutely sucks. Sorry to hear it, nothing more frustrating particularly when you havent done anything to aggravate it

Ah making them massive is kinda cheating. Anyone can stick a handle on the side of a small vehicle.
    Comp size or close to it is where its at
    silverharp wrote: »

It seems to be that solid steel tops out at 36kg.
    So based on the density, a hollow bell filled with lead would be 48kg.

Reason I was interested was because I've been doing a lot of kettlebell carries. Have this target of 1/2 BW waiter carry in my head. But my gym tops out at 36kg - and I'm not 72kg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Are those adjustable dumbbells any good or a bit of a gimmick?

Have moved out of Dublin and my new local gym is over €80 which is ridiculous. Wanted to pick up a few bits for myself - was looking at them but have a few concerns. One being the "length" of the weights on each side - they seem quite long and might be awkward for any exercises that need the dumbbell held tight to the body. Also, with so many different weight combinations but only a certain number of plates I'm guessing there'll be an uneven distribution - ie. one side of the dumbbell will be heavier than the other side. Is this much of a hindrance?

• Advertisement

Are those adjustable dumbbells any good or a bit of a gimmick?

Have moved out of Dublin and my new local gym is over €80 which is ridiculous. Wanted to pick up a few bits for myself - was looking at them but have a few concerns. One being the "length" of the weights on each side - they seem quite long and might be awkward for any exercises that need the dumbbell held tight to the body. Also, with so many different weight combinations but only a certain number of plates I'm guessing there'll be an uneven distribution - ie. one side of the dumbbell will be heavier than the other side. Is this much of a hindrance?

Both sides of the dumbbell are the same. I have some around 6 months and they work quite well. They are big but I can’t say their size has been an issue in any way at all. Very expensive though.

So both the female and male all time Irish powerlifting totals we beaten today at the ABS Series event ... Raw (with wraps) ...

Laura Vogelslang totalled 585kg - 245kg Squat ... 112.5kg Bench ... 230kg Deadlift (509 Wilks)

Jake Brennan totalled 975kg - 400kg Squat .. 222.5kg Bench ... 352.5kg Deadlift (541 Wilks)

One of the best comps I’ve witnessed in Ireland .. serious standard, atmosphere and it went down to the very last deadlift !!

One caveat to these records are that they are not sanctioned by any governing federation .. but comp was done to standard rules and officiated by qualified IPF referees

Anyone come across this stuff before? 17g protein!!!! A little dense but tastes good

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Anyone come across this stuff before? 17g protein!!!! A little dense but tastes good

Skyr? Yeah it's pretty good.

deconduo wrote: »
    Skyr? Yeah it's pretty good.

No, kvarg. Swedish stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

No, kvarg. Swedish stuff.

Ah, looks pretty similar to skyr nutrition wise. Haven't tried it but Google says it's a type of quark? So more of a cheese where skyr is a yoghurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

The Stracciatella one is amazing!

It's made by Nestle I think. Dunnes and Tesco often have them on offer at 2 for €2.

My favourite is still the Isey icelandic skyr (baked apple!) but it's €2 for a teeny tiny pot :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,847 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Greek yogurt, whisk in a scoop of flavoured protein powder works for me

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Lidl Skyr,
    Vanilla = yellow tub
    30g protein per pot

+

Peanut butter

+ Honey

= Nom

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

deconduo wrote: »
    Ah, looks pretty similar to skyr nutrition wise. Haven't tried it but Google says it's a type of quark? So more of a cheese where skyr is a yoghurt.

Quark/Kwark is very popular here in the Netherlands. It’s kind of half way between cottage cheese and yoghurt. It’s great stuff, needs some fruit and nuts added to make a meal though.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement