Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,007 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Leaker Pyoro says to expect new Game Boy Advance games to drop on the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Prince of Persia is a hit. 9/10-ish everywhere.

Ya, I was looking at that. Thankfully it's as good as the previews said it was. Adding in Metroid gameplay elements can't hurt.

Prince of Persia is fabulous. Fluid controls, snappy combat with a great parry and dodge system, and a charms mechanic like Hollow Knight (called Amulets).

There is one section of the demo with swinging spike bars where I thought oh yeah, THIS is Prince of Persia.

Ordered it online straight away

The demo is about 20-30 minutes long, so it's substantial.

Two epic adventures dawn…

Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age are coming to Nintendo Switch for Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack members on 17th January!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hadn't realised til today but one of the best of the Hitman series, Blood Money, is out on Switch; it's supposedly a shared port with mobile devices so no idea of performance or feel but this was a bit of a high point of the series IMO.

Started the full game last night. I've played about an hour (and through 2 bosses). Fantastic game. I've died about 4 times so it ain't easy either (although mistakes are my own fault for not being patient with the combat).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

New trailer.

Looks pretty slow really

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Confused: is this meant to be a Party Game, cos it kinda looks like one?

Grime Definitive Edition came out on Switch yesterday (well reviewed Metroidvania). Base game plus 3 DLCs included.

I've been watching Facebook for feedback, and it seems like it's a great port.

€22.49 in our eshop, but under €8 if you have a Brazilian account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

The Mario vs. Donkey Kong demo is available now

according to some email I got from Nintendo

It's pretty basic and a rip off at the price their are charging. They are taking the piss. It's a 10 quid game. Max.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Smyths have it a tenner cheaper than the eshop at 40 quid but that’s still too pricey. Gave the demo a go and uninstalled it a few minutes later, if you’ve played the originals then this is the same again only with a new lick of paint. Captain Toad Tracker would be a better spend of someone’s money if puzzle games are their thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Nintendo Mario games rarely go sub €40, Mario Rabbids being a Unisoft title did and does.

This looks very Wario Mini Game like so I can't see it flopping, the GBA and DS Mario Vs Donkey games were well received just don't expect Mario Wonder quality from this and you'll enjoy it for what it is

Captain toad treasure tracker is a wonderful game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If you have a Gameboy, Donkey Kong will whet your whistle.

Even more so if you have a SNES and a Super Gameboy, it's superb.

I think I'll fire up the SNES and play it now!

Microsoft: four Xbox-exclusive games are coming to PS5 and Nintendo Switch / Microsoft is starting off with just four games, but there could be many more in the future.

"Sources familiar with Microsoft’s plans tell me the first two titles will be Hi-Fi Rush and Pentiment, followed by Sea of Thieves and Grounded." 

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ThePandazorian

Such a weird non-news event this week when Microsoft have put published games on Switch already. It’s more a story that games are going to PlayStation.

A new game came out this week called Twilight Survivors. It's a blatant Vampire Survivors clone, but I've put about 4 hours into it and it's great. Can't find a trailer, but here is an early game gameplay video. Only €2.99 so you really can't go wrong.

It has about 12 characters (4 unlocked at the start), 3 biomes with multiple levels (more might show as you make progress), timed levels with a boss at the end of each one, a skill tree, and secret weapon combinations (like VS). Worth a look if you've done everything in VS and looking for something similar. 🙂

PICROSS S+ Trailer (Nintendo Switch)

Enjoy playing puzzles from the Picross e Series, which was previously only available as downloadable content on the Nintendo 3DS.

This release boasts a total of 300 puzzles for Picross and Mega Picross, including puzzles from the first Picross e game.

The game releases on 29th February and will be $4.99, so it should be €5 here.

• Advertisement

Epic Mickey: Rebrushed Graphics Comparison (Switch vs. Wii)

This game has a new lick of paint and it looks really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

So excited for this. I loved Epic mickey 1 & 2 on the Wii!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I hope we get the second one as well.

Maybe... just maybe, we might see the never developed third title... would be awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Weirdly some of the effects look better on the Wii version like the mirror transition

Pyoro was right again.

"Is there a trial version?"

"It's finally Princess Peach showtime."

Princess Peach Showtime! demo is available on the Nintendo eShop and at select retailers.

Princess Peach: Showtime! – Overview Trailer – Nintendo Switch

The wicked Grape and the Sour Bunch have stolen the spotlight! Now it's up to Peach to save the plays AND the day with her showstopping transformations! Each one matches the play and gives Peach the abilities needed to save each show. Spin and jump with dancers in a dazzling performance as Figure Skater Peach, utilize an array of gadgets to infiltrate a lair as Dashing Thief Peach, and more!

Take the stage in the Princess Peach: Showtime! game when it launches March 22, 2024, only on the Nintendo Switch system. Pre-orders and a free demo are available now on Nintendo eShop.

Looking through the Facebook groups I'm a part of, it doesn't seem like a fantastic game. Maybe the demo slice is too small for a proper opinion. Either way, it's supposed to be super easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Valiant Hearts Sequel is out, I enjoyed the first one, it was a fun enough game, it offered up plenty of interesting historical information along the way too. I'll probably wait for a sale and review or two first but hopefully it'll be worth a purchase.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Mario Golf, Mario Tennis and Dr. Mario are coming to their respective Gameboy apps on Tuesday.

Paper Mario TTYD is out on May 23rd.

Luigi's Mansion 2 HD is out June 27th.

New Mario movie (from Illumination) is out April 2026.

• Advertisement

New footage and screenshots of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door are up on the game's Japanese website.

Advertisement