Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

yeah I feel they'll probably go the VR apps route that I mentioned earlier

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Blimey, I forgot there even was a new Half Life game. In many ways that kinda says it all 'cos 3 years later and you'll barely see any mention or reference to HL: Alyx in "the discourse". Actually, that's a lie: a few months back I saw an update from a mod trying to make Alyx playable without VR - which again, kinda says it all lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Alyx was pretty cool to play. Played on PC using Quest 2. But very few VR games would have as big of a budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

yeah Alyx was amazing... RE4 blew my mind too.

Already got my finger on the pre-order button for Quest 3 come Meta Connect this month ;)

And the Red Switch OLED... gonna be an expensive 2 months 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 16,261 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Smyths aren't stocking Baten Kaitos HD on Friday looks like GAME UK has the retail store exclusive for UK at £44.99 cheapest on Amazon seems to be £52

So there was this yesterday.

Fans Upset After Spotting Steam Pop-Up In Mortal Kombat 1's Switch Trailer

Now the trailer has been removed.

Mortal Kombat 1 Switch trailer featuring Steam achievement taken down

This train wreck stumbles from one fatality to the next.

Nintendo Switch Version - Invasions Mode Note

To ensure the best possible experience for Switch players at launch, only the introduction for Invasions will be available. The full breadth of Invasions Season 1 content will be available on Switch in a matter of weeks. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause Switch players and are working to make this update as quickly as possible.

https://mortalkombatgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/20627869748243-Nintendo-Switch-Version-Invasions-Mode-Note

🤣

Red Dead Redemption 2 has been rated for Nintendo Switch in Brazil

The first one came, so makes sense they'd try bring the second one - could be a cloud version, could be a severally reduced-in-resolution port.

Brazilian Rating Board made a mistake, Red Dead Redemption 2 isn’t Switch bound

I had a feeling this was the case, that's why I didn't give it any credence, it wouldn't have been the first mistake either. If it were to happen it would probably have to be a cloud version, and it would be better to release a native version for Switch 2.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No surprise really, and why would we want a drastically inferior port of a game that is on most other formats already.

But, it is a pity that GTAIV and V never made an appearance on the Switch, they are pretty great and the former has two big single player expansions as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's not for a modern Nintendo console but it is still a new release,

Morphcat Games are releasing a compilation of some of their brilliant titles for the NES.

This will contain a remix of Micro Mages, a game that is frankly astounding, also it'll have two other new titles Spacegulls, a platformer, and Böbl, a water based platformer with some very nice water animation.

These titles are available as rom files from the developers website, but it is very nice to have a physical cart.

I've got Micro Mages and it's a beautiful release, cart, packaging, manual, all very authentic

Here's the link to the Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/morphcat-games/triple-jump-a-platformer-multi-cartridge-for-the-nes

More NES new game news,

A Bullet-Hell shmup on a console that predated the genre, Over Obj

This looks insane, and is running on a stock Famicom.

Needless to say, I'm going to have to buy a copy!

Flashback 2 - Story Trailer ESRB - Paul Cuisset & Microids Lyon/Paris

Flashback 2 will be available November 16th, 2023 both in digital and retail versions for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch. 

In the 22nd century, the United Worlds extends throughout the Solar System, but this tranquillity is threatened by the Morph invasion led by the fearsome General Lazarus. In search of his lifelong friend Ian, Conrad B. Hart dives once again into an action-packed adventure full of twists, turns and revelations with the help of his allies and AI-powered weapon A.I.S.H.A.

KEY FEATURES

▪ A vibrant sci-fi/cyberpunk universe full of immersive environments including New Tokyo, New Washington, and the Jungles of Titan.

▪ Use A.I.S.H.A., a lethal adaptive weapon enhanced with combat AI.

▪ A gripping, fluid and intricate platform shooter.

▪ A 3D environment crafted for even deeper immersion.

▪ Designed and developed by the creator of the original, Paul Cuisset.

Flashback 2?

I certainly be buying that loved the original.

Oddly enough, I also really enjoyed Fade to Black, also known as Flashback 2, some 25 years ago.

Loved that game, had it on PC and PS, the latter being better. It followed on directly from the end of Flashback, but was in 3D.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I absolutely loved F2B. Finished it multiple times back in the day.

On the other hand, I never really rated Flashback. Played it in the 90s, and I got it last year on Switch on sale (it hasn't aged well at all). I think I stopped playing after 10 minutes and deleted it. It was only a couple of euros.

These classic GameBoy and NES titles are now available for Nintendo Switch Online members! Castlevania Legends, DEVIL WORLD and The Mysterious Murasame Castle.

Still no Faxanadu, WHY!!!!!

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass Wave 6 - Course Overview

Head to the starting line, Wave 6 is almost here! Eight additional courses and four new characters come to the final Wave of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass on 9th November.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Len_007

The music player is a great addition

and I love that for 3DS Rainbow Road you have a choice to play the bass & percussion by toggling with Y, fantastic attention to detail!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

For the Metroidvania junkies out there, a new and rather slick looking one dropped the other day...

Confirmed tú®d Switch port.

Batman: Arkham Trilogy Nintendo Switch Review - A Disastrously Poor Release

The Batman: Arkham Trilogy on Nintendo Switch should never have shipped in this state

Asylum and City have unexpected problems, Knight is an unmitigated disaster.

On Switch it's €60, and only 1 of the 3 games is on the cartridge. It's €8.99 on PlayStation 4 and doesn't look or run like crud. SMH.

Is there any sign of bonus for nso renewal my family sub is up next week

It looks a disgrace: I mean Knight was notorious on PC in the first place so don't think anyone expected miracles there - but City & Asylum have fewer excuses IMO. Especially Asylum, given it's a 2009 game, already 8 years old when the Switch came out. Just smells like yet another cash grab to snag the foolish or ignorant to part with their money before the Word-Of-Mouth took hold.

I'd have preferred the budget go completely into a really solid, snazzy port of Asylum than three substandard "throw it over the fence" migrations. Especially as that remains the best game IMO :-P

I think I got the three of them on Steam for nearly a tenner, wouldn't waste my money on that pap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Dragon Quest Monsters: Dark Prince has quietly released to little fanfare and really good reviews. Looking forward to getting stuck into it soon.

Mario vs. Donkey Kong — Pieces of the Puzzle — Nintendo Switch

A Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown demo is out some time today on Switch.

If the demo runs well, I'll order the game online.

The full game is out next week.

There isn't much of a saving on the international eshops (about €5 cheaper at most).

Apparently the Switch was considered the primary platform during development, which is a good sign it'll be optimised; the rumour is it'll run 60fps handheld and docked. Plus you'd like to think they wouldn't release a Demo unless they were confident it'd run OK - otherwise they're killing off a lot of potential custom that might otherwise have bought the game blind.

• Advertisement

Made by the Rayman Legends team too, so I have really high hopes for it.

A 25 hour Metroidvania in the PoP universe, yes please.

Advertisement