Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

More Zelda goodness coming to Switch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Hopefully that's not the "something Zelda related" mentioned previous.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,238 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

RUMOR: Nintendo's next generation console set to launch 2024, dev-kits in the hands of major game studios

Shame if the base model isn't OLED. 2024, after all MK8 DLC is released, has been my suspicion for a long long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Len_007

Bring back 3D gaming on the go I say

• Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Red Dead Redemption is coming to switch on August 17th, with physical coming in October. Includes Undead Nightmare

I think after GTA Trilogy, people will be waiting for reviews this time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Reviews? Screw that I'll wait for patches before touching that!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,923 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Enjoyed RDR (on PS3) far more than the follow up (on Xbox One), so I'll probably get this for the delights of handheld play, providing reviews are acceptable.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

Yeah I’d be interested in RDR on Switch if it runs well enough. It’s been on my “backlog / wishlist” for a while. If it had cross-save with Xbox that’d be icing on the cake.

The rumour was somewhat right. €50 for a port of a 2010 game? Nope, not a remake or a remaster. I know what this deserves. ➰ What's the bet that the Switch physical release in October is borked like so many others? Rockstar have barely tried on Switch, they don't deserve any success. And GTA Trilogy on Switch was a crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Doodah7

The physical release will depend on the size of the game I suppose. Although given that it is an old game, perhaps the file size won't be too huge. Otherwise this will be like LA Noire with a large download supplementing the cartridge.

I'll be waiting on reviews and a first sale before purchasing but I know I will end up getting it as I adored RDR2.

No real bargains for RDR on the international eshop list either.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Just checked the eshop out of nosiness - £40 is quite the ask for a 13-year old game, although it being pulled from PSN last year reduces the immediately obvious "why would you pay this?" question.

Me, I picked up a PS3 copy from a charity shop years ago for about £3 and still haven't touched it, so I'm certainly not going to fork out New Game Money to put it on my Switch backlog...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I have it through PS Plus. Never played it.

Flashback 2 | New Washington Trailer | Microids Studio Lyon / Paris & Paul Cuisset

Conrad is back! 30 years after Flashback, Paul Cuisset's mythical game, which made the licence known worldwide, is back with this new sci-fi action-adventure game! Flashback 2 will be available on November 2023.

Flashback was ahead of its time and offered great innovations with superb character animations. A true pioneer in 1992, the game also achieved legendary status in video games thanks to its rich and engaging story.

This classic video game is regularly ranked among the top 100 games of all time! Now it's getting a makeover to mark its 30th anniversary, and this brand new 2.5D version of Flashback 2...

After his victory over the "Master Brain" in the first episode, Conrad and his allies are once again confronted with the Morphs, who threaten all civilizations.

Moreover, his friend Ian, who has answers to many of Conrad's questions, has just been kidnapped in front of him... A trick of the Morphs? For what purpose? It's up to you to find out...

Help him and his allies to solve this delicate and dangerous investigation through 5 levels full of action and shoot-outs and to fight the Morphs who are preparing a machiavellian plan for total control of the solar system...​

Microids tend to make pretty average games, not terrible, very whelming, and often based on mid tier IP like Asterix (who I love but it's never going to cause any shockwaves in the mainstream) It'll be interesting to see what they do with that icon anyhoo.

Post edited by Tom Mann Centuria on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I know it's an older game now, but RDR is one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.

Certainly, the change in background music as you cross the border into Mexico is simply beautiful.

The game channels every pleasurable moment I didn't watching westerns when I was a child, just brilliant.

It is expensive though, so I'll probably wait, especially when I can play it for free on my Xbox Series X

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Had the moment in question ruined for me by a pack of damn coyotes.

• Advertisement

Hot on the heels of yesterday's rumour...

Quake 2 Enhanced tomorrow

Comes the official announcement of Quake 2.

It's €9.99.

Quake II - Official Launch Trailer - Nintendo Switch

Reintroducing Quake II, the legendary sci-fi action FPS. This enhanced version features new content, online multiplayer/co-op with crossplay, and more!

I'll be buying Quake 2, very hard to resist at a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Hope Q3 Arena comes eventually too

although a google shows this...

assuming that's some sort of 3133+ hax?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Bought Quake 2 immediately yesterday after seeing the release. Only got to play about 30 mins last night but it plays great. Way harder than I remember though!

Really like all these classic FPS releases on the Switch. I have Doom, Doom 2, Doom 64, Quake, Quake 2 and Duke Nukem 3D at this stage! Just waiting on Turok and Turok 2 to go on sale before picking those up.

SOUTH PARK: SNOW DAY! | Reveal Trailer

An all-new South Park game is coming… in 3D. Join Cartman, Stan, Kyle and Kenny, in three-dimensional glory, to celebrate the most magical day in any young child’s life - a snow day! Grab up to three friends and battle your way through the snow-piled streets of South Park on a quest to save the world and enjoy a day without school. 

SOUTH PARK: SNOW DAY! available in 2024 for PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox X|S and Nintendo Switch. 

It's probably coming to Switch 2 as well, but it's not the right time to reveal that right now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Indeed, I logged onto Steam and installed the new update and it's fantastic.

I do think my younger self who played it at launch was much better at it than the old fart that remains, it's hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Picked up Tunic in Smyths for €44.99 have had it preordered a few weeks now art book is nice probably not the flashiest ever game looks very nice but it's gone on the to do list.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Ooh nice didn't know q2 was a free upgrade on steam.

BTW this is about €7 on South Africa store

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Was really enjoying that game on GamePass and then the first boss was ridiculously hard. So I can't imagine how much harder the others get. It'd definitely be better if they sorted out that difficulty spike.

• Advertisement

Check the settings. There are accessibility options to make the game easier.

Turn on infinite stamina at least. You can also make yourself (almost) invincible and just enjoy the exploration and puzzles.

Advertisement