Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,238 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge - Dimension Shellshock DLC | Available August 31

A multiversal melee awaits! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge - Dimension Shellshock DLC is coming on August 31 on PC via Steam, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.

Show off your ninja skills with fan-favorite Karai joining the fight! Catch a glimpse of the Foot Clan’s fiercest fighter as she charges enemies with lightning-fast moves alongside her four favorite Turtles. Karai joins the razor-sharp Miyamoto Usagi, star of the Usagi Yojimbo comic book series. With both at your side there’s no stopping the Turtles as they kick, punch and party their way across the various new worlds in Dimension Shellshock’s Survival Mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,600 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

RDR1 getting pretty decent reviews on Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Vampire Survivors (plus DLC) came out today. It's like crack. Better with a joystick than phone touchscreen too.

Blasphemous 2 is getting great reviews too (out next week). Spicy enough pricing though (about €27). About a tenner less for Mexicans.

Little Nightmares III – Announcement Trailer

Are you ready to return to the Nowhere, little ones? This time, face your childhood fears together.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Len_007

I’ve never played it. Might wait till a price drop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,600 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I have it on xbox series x, and never really started it. Was waiting to see what the new versions would add, nothing new for Xbox, will play it there. It's 4K on Xbox one x / series X ... Anyway ... Supposed to be an excellent game. And the Switch got a very good version of it.

SteamWorld Build | Release Date Reveal Trailer

Coming to Steam, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Playstation 5, Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One and Game Pass on December 1st 2023.

In SteamWorld Build, you must escape a dying planet by building a mining town to dig up vital long-lost technology. Meet the ever-growing needs of your citizens, trade resources and defend your mine from the creatures that lurk below.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,923 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Love the steamworld games, so I dare say this will get added to the collection.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Next Direct on Thursday 31st August for Super Mario Wonder

• Advertisement

Nice. Hopefully it's a bit of a remaster too. Loved that game but it needs a little bit of rework and up-res.

Propaganda. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

PS3 got the HD version. I have it but haven't played it. Was actually just looking up during the week what the best version to play was.

So guess I may as well wait for this now. Released in November/December 2003.

Could also double as the Beyond Good & Evil 2 announcement 15 year anniversary edition.

Ya, hopefully it's not just a bare bones port.

Borderlands 3 Ultimate Edition Coming To Nintendo Switch

Borderlands 3 Ultimate Edition will be released at retail and digitally on the Nintendo Switch eShop worldwide on 6th October 2023. It'll probably be shown during next month's Nintendo Direct.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oof. Chalk that one up as "not my cup of tea". I did like Borderlands 2 but there was a distinct point it's unique brand of loud obnoxious humour went too far - basically the point Tiny Tina was introduced - and has seemed like number 3 went further all-in on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Liking that new red Switch OLED...I've got a €500 FromMe2You I need to use up before the end of the year so I guess I treat myself to a birthday pressie in October

Post edited by mrcheez on

Company of Heroes Collection announced for Nintendo Switch

The game that redefined real-time strategy makes its Nintendo Switch debut in the Company of Heroes Collection — delivering the World War II RTS classic and both its acclaimed expansions in one battle-hardened bundle. 

Lead the charge with an all-new control scheme, custom-built for console commanders. Master fast-moving, squad-based combat, and shape the battlefield to secure victory on your terms.

Command the Battle of Normandy from either side in the game’s historic campaigns, or orchestrate your own custom clashes in the highly replayable Skirmish mode.

Prepare for deployment this autumn by tuning into our Twitter and Facebook feeds for all the latest intel on the Company of Heroes Collection.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Awesome! Very old games however and I'd wonder how they control on a controller. Not impossible but hopefully the migration is solid.

Easily one of the greatest RTS games ever made.

Gunbrella (show in a Direct earlier this year) has a release date of September 13th (next Wednesday).

Preorder and get Gato Roboto completely free.

Release date trailer:

FYI there is a Gunbrella demo in the eshop. It's a good length too, up to the first boss and a bit afterwards. At least 90-120 minutes (if you struggled with the boss as much as I did!) 😂

Hopefully the save carries over to the full game.

Took a while to get used to the gunbrella controls (especially dash), but it's a great game. Very fast and responsive.

Under €10 in Brazil, and €15 here (+ 10% discount before launch).

• Advertisement

No DLC for Tears of the Kingdom!

Zelda producer says no DLC for Zelda: Tears of Kingdom as rather make a new entry

Someone might have mentioned this in the TOTK thread, but I don’t go in there since the game released as I'm waiting for the Switch 2 port.

I was just thinking if there's no planned DLC, what happens to Master Mode? They charged for it in BOTW(which I felt was wrong), something that included as standard in previous 3D Zelda games. It's not a big deal to make that mode. Anything else missing?

I thought they'd fill in three missing zonai devices (to bring it to 30) and the 2 missing heart container). I thought a trial of the sword was an obvious DLC option too.

DLC is like a licence to print money, so I think we will get at least one update by Christmas.

The rumour mill seems to be spinning a lot about the possible VR direction

won't be a peripheral for Switch 2, but rather a separate piece of hardware.

I wish they'd rather just develop apps for the Quest 3 as Nintendo already do produce apps for Google Play Store, so not just relying on their own hardware for their software

Been there, done that, with cardboard :D

Apparently that Nash Weedle person is complete BS according to the same news on Reddit. Given that more reputable sources have come out about "Switch 2" at Gamescom (https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/121080359/#Comment_121080359) I'd be more inclined to believe them over this VR rumour. This one seems like wishful thinking after Apple's headset.

VR? Oh god no thank you; gonna be that potentially small minority of tech-nerds singularly uninterested and broadly antagonistic towards VR/

I wanna crash on my sofa, still be vaguely present in the house - not flailing like a moron while my wife tries to get my attention.

well the latest updates ensure you see your wife (or kids) in VR 🤣

OR. We could just continue to play games normally - sitting down relaxing, controller in hand - like god intended 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

VR is very far from the "novel use of inexpensive hardware" approach that Nintendo's keen on - even with a new Half Life title Valve could barely move the needle on headsets sold. Thus it doesn't feel like something that would be a natural thing for Nintendo to pursue beyond e.g. making VR apps or games for 3rd party hardware, analogous to Super Mario Run or Mario Kart Tour.

Advertisement