Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I bet you didnt know that

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

New Home wrote: »
    I don't get this. If by touch you mean "touch with your fingertips so as to live a print", then I get you. Otherwise I don't agree, I can. But then again, I can put my bent arm around my head so as to touch my ear on the same side as the arm (e.g. I can wrap my right arm all around my head so that I can grab my right ear with my right hand passing under the chin), so I can tell you I can definitely touch all of my upper back (as proven by the soap traces when I shower), albeit with the back of my hand*. As for the murderer accidentally touching a victim's back, I'm still lost - would you mind explaining, please?

(*It's a bit like when you shake your own hands on your back, one arm passing from the shoulders and the other from your waist)

Ah, my fault about the murderer. I typed quicker than I was thinking and got it wrong.

But first things first.
    Everyone has a spot at their back that can't be reached by your own hands, not even by your fingertips and even if you think you can. In the shower you can of course reach every point with a sponge. But afterwards try to moisterize your back, or, in another situation, try to put ointment on your upper back, if you have back pain. There is always a spot that will be untouched. It's just not possible for normal people to reach it.

Now with a murder case. If, say, the victim was found in their bed with ointment or fresh moisturizer on their back, normally the pathologist would say, well, wait until the post mortem.
    But when he finds out that the spot between the shoulder blades is moisterized he can be sure that another person is involved and that the victim was not alone shortly before his or her death.

It's admittedly simplified, but I'm intrigued by simple mistakes potential murderers might make.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Carry wrote: »
    Ah, my fault about the murderer. I typed quicker than I was thinking and got it wrong.

But first things first.
    Everyone has a spot at their back that can't be reached by your own hands, not even by your fingertips and even if you think you can. In the shower you can of course reach every point with a sponge. But afterwards try to moisterize your back, or, in another situation, try to put ointment on your upper back, if you have back pain. There is always a spot that will be untouched. It's just not possible for normal people to reach it.

Now with a murder case. If, say, the victim was found in their bed with ointment or fresh moisturizer on their back, normally the pathologist would say, well, wait until the post mortem.
    But when he finds out that the spot between the shoulder blades is moisterized he can be sure that another person is involved and that the victim was not alone shortly before his or her death.

It's admittedly simplified, but I'm intrigued by simple mistakes potential murderers might make.

Surely that is so random and arbitrary to the point where it is not considered

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Why would a murderer moisturise someone they've just killed?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Why would a murderer moisturise someone they've just killed?

25370227f71c8f0e6c7d60c058d290f2.jpg

In fairness, I did think about that, but I think the lampshades made out skin would also be a clue that a murder had taken a place.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    In fairness, I did think about that, but I think the lampshades made out skin would also be a clue that a murder had taken a place.

Buffalo Bill was more into making clothes from the skin. The lampshade was supposedly found in a german extermination camp after the war.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Buffalo Bill was more into making clothes from the skin. The lampshade was supposedly found in a german extermination camp after the war.

Books with covers made out of human skin were found after WWII, too. :(

Ed Gein was another serial killer that made the grisly lamps along with many other gruesome things from the body parts of his victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

I regret deeply that I ever posted that morsel about skin points, ointments and murderers .... :o

I can touch the part between my shoulderblades without squeezing at all. I can use the whole of the back of my left hand on it and the fingers (though not the palm) of my right hand to touch the whole area, and slightly less of my left hand when I do it with the hands reversed. I had the OH confirm I wasn't squeezing and can easily put moisturizer on it!

I suspected as much when I read your post as I put some ibuprofen gel on my shoulderblade last week and had no trouble applying it to the general area. Yoga ftw!

I don't think that the coroner would be pointing fingers at anyone if they found moisturizer in that spot, it's not that inaccessible!

• Advertisement

Candie wrote: »
    I can touch the part between my shoulderblades without squeezing at all. I can use the whole of the back of my left hand on it and the fingers (though not the palm) of my right hand to touch the whole area, and slightly less of my left hand when I do it with the hands reversed. I had the OH confirm I wasn't squeezing and can easily put moisturizer on it!

I suspected as much when I read your post as I put some ibuprofen gel on my shoulderblade last week and had no trouble applying it to the general area. Yoga ftw!

I don't think that the coroner would be pointing fingers at anyone if they found moisturizer in that spot, it's not that inaccessible!

and even if you cant reach every spot there is nothing to stop you using a sponge or something similar to reach that little bit further.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Now, if the coroner found a sign on your back that read "Kick me", that'd be different. :D

or 'Shoot Me'!

or an actual knife stuck on your back.

Sorry Carry, we'll let it go now! :)

496770.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

That's the instructions to rebuild society? In 8 languages no less??

I bought nose hair trimmer in lidl the other day and the instructions ran to about 100 pages! :D

My dad bought one of those nose hair trimmers from Lidl - it broke after he had used it twice. :/

On the other hand, I think those ^^^ guys were trying to re-create a modern version of the Rosetta stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭elvis83

I don't get this. If by touch you mean "touch with your fingertips so as to live a print", then I get you. Otherwise I don't agree, I can. But then again, I can put my bent arm around my head so as to touch my ear on the same side as the arm (e.g. I can wrap my right arm all around my head so that I can grab my right ear with my right hand passing under the chin), so I can tell you I can definitely touch all of my upper back (as proven by the soap traces when I shower), albeit with the back of my hand*. As for the murderer accidentally touching a victim's back, I'm still lost - would you mind explaining, please?

(*It's a bit like when you shake your own hands on your back, one arm passing from the shoulders and the other from your waist)

I thought I was the only person who could do this! That's awesome! Something I didn't know

People with super-flexible shoulders unite! o/

*High five behind our backs* :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

^I actually thought everyone could do those:pac:
    So I've been super flexible for years without showing it off? Sweet....I'm about to blow everyone's minds!

Ah, but can you also wiggle your ears?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Would ye ever stop boasting! I can barely put my hands behind my back such is the lack of movement in my shoulders. Don't play sport.

BTW, when I mention the ear thing, I don't mean this:

slide3.jpg

I mean, start like that, but continue on with your hand under your chin until you reach the other ear lobe. You're basically drawing an @ with your arm and your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Ah, but can you also wiggle your ears?

Sort of, I can move the muscle under them- hard to describe it- so the entire ear moves on my head. Can't move my pecs to make my boobs bounce though :(
    BTW, when I mention the ear thing, I don't mean this:

I mean, start like that, but continue on with your hand under your chin until you reach the other ear lobe. You're basically drawing an @ with your arm and your head.

Yea, right arm to touch right ear but hits the left ear on the way around too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

496770.jpg

More money than sense.

Ipso wrote: »
    More money than sense.

We're gonna need a bigger thread, for stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

People with super-flexible shoulders unite! o/

*High five behind our backs* :D

Useful for getting out of the ol' straightjacket I'd imagine.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

My dad bought one of those nose hair trimmers from Lidl - it broke after he had used it twice. :/

The trimmer or the nose?....this is really important, I've only used it once so far:eek:

• Advertisement

Trimmer. :D

(The nose has been out of joint for, oh, I dunno, the past 70 odd years, give or take a decade).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement