Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Farm, Leopardstown, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Clay Farm Ballyogan Road, did they finally realise it wasn't in Leopardstown? or people couldn't find it on a sat nav when travelling from outside the area,

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Daniel1987

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone has been given a move in date yet/ allowed in to do snag list? Trying to plan my notice period in my rental place, was up at CF yesterday and still looked like there was no one moved in yet though when at the viewing they said that there would be people moving in early Nov. Hard to know/ Plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 shanedunne2000

Daniel1987 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone has been given a move in date yet/ allowed in to do snag list? Trying to plan my notice period in my rental place, was up at CF yesterday and still looked like there was no one moved in yet though when at the viewing they said that there would be people moving in early Nov. Hard to know/ Plan.

Hi Daniel,

We haven’t a move in date yet. However we were advised that the builder would be ready to hand over for snagging at end of November. And so move in achievable early December.

Have you signed contracts yet? Maybe at that point they will indicate a move in date. We haven’t signed contracts yet, still with our solicitor, hoping to sign in a week or two.

Shane

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Hi Daniel,

We haven’t a move in date yet. However we were advised that the builder would be ready to hand over for snagging at end of November. And so move in achievable early December.

Have you signed contracts yet? Maybe at that point they will indicate a move in date. We haven’t signed contracts yet, still with our solicitor, hoping to sign in a week or two.

Shane

Take what any builder says with a pinch of salt. On developments I'm working the builder is saying the same thing to purchases on a development in a similar position. Between getting BCAR sorted and other documents for closing it will be 3 weeks before snagging will be done. I'd check and see if stuff like that has been done. If it is it will be sooner rather than later

Hi Daniel,

Shane
    Hi Shane,
    We just signed whatever was required in order to get the appliances for the kitchen. Problem was it was all a bit vague with details and it said in the documents that the builder had 6 months to complete which I guessed was just them covering themselves just in case as we were assured by the agents that move in would be before Christmas.
    Hard to know where exactly we stand as passing by the majority of them look like they are ready for snagging.

• Advertisement

Daniel1987 wrote: »
    Hi Shane,
    We just signed whatever was required in order to get the appliances for the kitchen. Problem was it was all a bit vague with details and it said in the documents that the builder had 6 months to complete which I guessed was just them covering themselves just in case as we were assured by the agents that move in would be before Christmas.
    Hard to know where exactly we stand as passing by the majority of them look like they are ready for snagging.

Which block did you go for? Block where the sales office is or the one on the left as you drive in. We’re in the block on the left as you drive in. Ours didn’t have kittens installed two weeks ago so we feel there’s a bit of work to be done before ready for snagging. Do you mean above that they look like they’re ‘not ready for snagging’?

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SouthKnight

Does anyone have measurement details for the living room of Fern house?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

Does anyone have measurement details for the living room of Fern house?

You'll find the plans for all houses here
    http://cfp2.ie/index.php/planning-drawings/architectural/

They won't be 100% accurate but as good as without measuring the actual room

Has anybody started snagging yet? Anyone has reason to think a move in before Christmas is achievable?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

Has anybody started snagging yet? Anyone has reason to think a move in before Christmas is achievable?

I believe once the contracts have been returned within the 28 days, the builder then needs to start fitting the white goods fairly soon after.

My understanding is that Park Developments will be in contact about 2 weeks after contracts were returned to arrange snag dates for the end of November. You then need to allow about 2 weeks after the snag date to clear the snag list so you are talking mid-December at the earliest

The general lack of information has been poor IMO, but maybe that's the same with all houses

• Advertisement

Rob01 wrote: »
    I believe once the contracts have been returned within the 28 days, the builder then needs to start fitting the white goods fairly soon after.

My understanding is that Park Developments will be in contact about 2 weeks after contracts were returned to arrange snag dates for the end of November. You then need to allow about 2 weeks after the snag date to clear the snag list so you are talking mid-December at the earliest

The general lack of information has been poor IMO, but maybe that's the same with all houses

We received a letter from Park last week (7/11/17) saying that the contracts were exchanged and they would be in touch shortly regarding snagging.
    I then just rang them directly to find out a bit more info but they couldn't really tell me much other than my house isn't ready for snagging and it wont be ready in Nov (and worst case 5 weeks away) for snagging which I take as the house wont be ready to move in until Jan at the earliest (We have one of the 3 beds to the left as you drive in).

• Registered Users Posts: 6 HannahK

We are in a similar situation. We rang them once we received the letter from Park acknowledging receipt of the signed contracts. We were told that the houses are being completed in phases/rows and that our one should be around the end of November. Our solicitor mentioned that the snagging phase should take only two weeks to close out. We are hoping to be in before Christmas if we can!

We passed the site other day and there were a lot of people working - so fingers crossed it moves quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

Does anyone know when Phase 2 of this development will go on sale.

JDD wrote: »
    Does anyone know when Phase 2 of this development will go on sale.

January I believe...

After signing contracts this week we were informed move in January was most likely. We’re in Larkfield Place, apparently electricity won’t be connected before year end and that’s required for snagging. Other than that all building is in track, but move in Jan 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Niran2055

Do anyone know what would be the price of 3 bed room house in phase 2?

• Administrators Posts: 53,652 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Niran2055 wrote: »
    Do anyone know what would be the price of 3 bed room house in phase 2?

I am going to guess that it'll be something like €499k for a 3 bed to allow for the usual inflation above phase 1 prices, but not so much that it takes it above the €500k limit that buyers using the help-to-buy scheme will have.

On the other hand they could decide to just blow the HTB out of the water and go for the 500k+ which will certainly be interesting given these are touted as affordable housing yet would be outside the spending limits imposed on the people getting the grants to help them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that they won't go over the €500k mark. House price inflation over the past year has been 12%, or 1% per month. If price inflation remains the same, September 2017 to January 2018 would entail a 5% increase, or an extra €23,500, bringing the price up to €493,500. They'll probably go for a round €495k.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 commanjoe

I assume that your statement in relation to these houses being affordable is to do with the new fast track planning option? These houses were not fast tracked and therefore not designated as affordable under this scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dreaming of sunshine

Hi all,

Does anyone know if these qualify for HTB? I can't see the developer on the approved contractor list.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ipnface

Prices changed online

3 Bed Semi-detached Houses  (3 Bedroom Houses - Register for cancellations) From €485,000

[font=Open Sans, Arial, sans-serif]4 Bed Semi-detached Houses  (4 Bedroom Houses - On view by appointment with Sav)[/font] From €620,000

• Registered Users Posts: 10 commanjoe

Yes, it's Viscount Securities that are building the houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Galwayforliam

Where you see those prices, have you a link? Steep increase from phase 1 for 4 bed- they’ll struggle at that price point I think - loads more to sell off in that development and they’re building as quick as they can!
    ipnface wrote: »
    Prices changed online

3 Bed Semi-detached Houses  (3 Bedroom Houses - Register for cancellations) From €485,000

[font=Open Sans, Arial, sans-serif]4 Bed Semi-detached Houses  (4 Bedroom Houses - On view by appointment with Sav)[/font] From €620,000

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rhubarb1980

Where you see those prices, have you a link? Steep increase from phase 1 for 4 bed- they’ll struggle at that price point I think - loads more to sell off in that development and they’re building as quick as they can!

Its only price range they gave this time not exact pricing, but he's right it's from 485 to 620. Check myhome.ie.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Looks like some one was moving in last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

commanjoe wrote: »
    Yes, it's Viscount Securities that are building the houses.

One of many (66) Michael Cotter's businesses: https://www.independent.ie/business/commercial-property/developer-michael-cotter-in-fasttrack-bid-to-build-934-homes-in-dublin-35948216.html

godtabh wrote: »
    Looks like some one was moving in last night

Yeah saw that someone was moved in over the weekend, pretty sure they were anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SouthKnight

any one knows what's the price of 3-bed house in the new phase?

Looks like 3 houses have closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 HannahK

How long has it taken people to close their snags?

Advertisement