Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DGW and Blank gw planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,511 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Scenes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

All that planning and everyone going to have decent enough teams now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

There was always going to be at least one shock. Just unfortunate for the rest of us that a heavily owned player like Heaton will play

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I'm more annoyed at all the people who can now keep their Liverpool players

There was always going to be at least one shock. Just unfortunate for the rest of us that a heavily owned player like Heaton will play

Think there'll be at least 1 more "surprise" and everyone will end up with 11.

United or spurs could fail to progress.
    I don't think Leicester will either but that wouldn't be that much of a surprise and assuming arsenal beat Sutton, it wouldn't effect gw28 either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I have no Burnley or Liverpool players. That result is a killer

Edit: Oh wait forgot about Barnes :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

As a Heaton & Barnes owner, Im happy at that result! Will bring in Liverpool midfielder now for Alexis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Chesty08 wrote: »
    As a Heaton & Barnes owner, Im happy at that result! Will bring in Liverpool midfielder now for Alexis

Yep, Mane in for a hit looking likely now. Who for, depends on results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Ffs Burnley :(

Yep, Mane in for a hit looking likely now. Who for, depends on results.

I can go Alli or Sanchez. Most likely Alexis, will free up more funds for Iwobi transfer, might go double Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I've kept Alli so far as I've a feeling they will be knocked out

km79 wrote: »

That would be a disaster. Everyone has 2+ Spurs players

ScummyMan wrote: »

I have Alli and Kane
    Guys behind me have none
    I'll take it :D

Can then sell them for DGW players

I have Alli and Kane
    Guys behind me have none

• Advertisement

I have Alli and Kane
    Guys behind me have none

City struggling
    Nil all HT

City struggling
    Nil all HT

Was just going to say the same. They've been terrible.

Oxford have just scored twice in 2 minutes
    2 2 with boro
    One more and I'll have chambers for 28 :D

At this rate it'll be a full schedule of fcuking games GW28

• Advertisement

At this rate it'll be a full schedule of fcuking games GW28
    People will be bench boosting :D

If Arsenal lose to Sutton now... il not be transferring out Alexis!!

No chance of that tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Burnley result not really a big deal IMO. Liverpool players not that popular of late so most people will still have to transfer them in with the 3fts the have.

It will give a lot of people Heaton. But away at Anfield. Meh.

It's the likes of Spurs, who some teams have 2 or 3 of already, who would get loads out of jail if they go out, and screw up those who've planned ahead.

Having moved early (despite my preaching :o) and got Mane for Sanchez I'm pretty pleased with today's results.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Burnley result not really a big deal IMO. Liverpool players not that popular of late so most people will still have to transfer them in with the 3fts the have.

It will give a lot of people Heaton. But away at Anfield. Meh.

It's the likes of Spurs, who some teams have 2 or 3 of already, who would get loads out of jail if they go out, and screw up those who've planned ahead.

Having moved early (despite my preaching :o) and got Mane for Sanchez I'm pretty pleased with today's results.

Its one less dgw further down the line.

Its one less dgw further down the line.

Of course. I was talking about the blanks though. Some posts as if the result made planning for 28 a waste.

Liverpool will have NO doubles now but have a lovely run in so a conundrum for DGW planning. Which is no harm.

Of course. I was talking about the blanks though. Some posts as if the result made planning for 28 a waste.

Liverpool will have NO doubles now but have a lovely run in so a conundrum for DGW planning. Which is no harm.

Ye will be hard to know what to do with Liverpool mids if they kick on again now that its one game a week.

The city replay gets rid off the slight chance of utd city being refixed to the midweek after the Carling cup final. Utd to make the fa cup sf and el sf and the triple gw is on.

The city replay gets rid off the slight chance of utd city being refixed to the midweek after the Carling cup final. Utd to make the fa cup sf and el sf and the triple gw is on.

There is now talk that United's gw28 fixture will be played the midweek after Carling cup final if united progress to 1\4 finals.........Pep said that if city had won their gw28 fixture would have been played then

There is now talk that United's gw28 fixture will be played the midweek after Carling cup final if united progress to 1\4 finals.........Pep said that if city had won their gw28 fixture would have been played then

I always thought there was a chance the derby could be moved to there the potential backlog for utd is a nightmare for them. Best to get the game played then if they can. All those people that got gabbiadini will get away with it if so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

EFL Cup Final the previous Sunday, league game at 12.30 on the Saturday. Can't see Man U being keen on a game in between.

City have no game in GW26 and their GW27 is a Sunday KO, so could have seen it working for them to move the Stoke game.

• Advertisement

Oh oh the awful realisation that arsenal may now have their gw 28 fixture moved to the midweek after the Carling cup final meaning no blank in gw 26.
    Edit they can't its Leicester they play and Liverpool play Leicester on the Monday... Phew.

Benimar wrote: »
    EFL Cup Final the previous Sunday, league game at 12.30 on the Saturday. Can't see Man U being keen on a game in between.

Better than having to potentially play 3 times in a week at a crucial stage of the season with CL next year potentially at stake.

Bit of a curve ball this. But if Utd get to FA Semi they'd still have 2 DGWs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Better than having to potentially play 3 times in a week at a crucial stage of the season with CL next year potentially at stake.

Bit of a curve ball this. But if Utd get to FA Semi they'd still have 2 DGWs.

I can't see them agreeing to a game on a Wednesday night with an early KO on the Saturday. They would surely prefer to wait until some time they have greater recovery time between games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,550 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hold on, I'm really confused, how does Southampton v Arsenal suddenly get rescheduled in GW26 all of a sudden? What changed? I only transferred out Sanchez about an hour ago and now I'm reading this!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,511 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

CSF wrote: »
    Hold on, I'm really confused, how does Southampton v Arsenal suddenly get rescheduled in GW26 all of a sudden? What changed? I only transferred out Sanchez about an hour ago and now I'm reading this!!!

Theres a belief/theory that after Arsenal/Sutton on Monday ends in not-a-draw that the EPL are going to announce that Southampton Arsenal can take place 8 days later on the Tuesday or Wednesday.
    Personally I think theres zero chance of that happening with no prior notice having being given of it being an option.

Its not that game its utd Southampton from gw 28 that could possibly get refixed if utd get through tomorrow. Arsenal will defo have a blank as there gw 28 fixture can't be moved forward as arsenal Leicester is the gw 28 fixture and Leicester are already playing Liverpool on the Monday night of gw 26.

Its not that game its utd Southampton from gw 28 that could possibly get refixed if utd get through tomorrow. Arsenal will defo have a blank as there gw 28 fixture can't be moved forward as arsenal Leicester is the gw 28 fixture and Leicester are already playing Liverpool on the Monday night of gw 26.

Isn't the argument that the Southampton v Arsenal Gw26 will stay in 26?

I'm only going off what km79 said that utds gw28 fixture could be moved. Their isn't a huge issue with refixing arsenal games as they are now out of Europe. Utd on the other hand could have a massive fixture pile up with nowhere for their games to go.

I'm only going off what km79 said that utds gw28 fixture could be moved. Their isn't a huge issue with refixing arsenal games as they are now out of Europe. Utd on the other hand could have a massive fixture pile up with nowhere for their games to go.
    It was mentioned by the spreadsheet guy about the possibility of the Arsenal Southampton game being refixed which has lead to confusion. There is zero chance of that and no real need for it

The united game is a possibility
    Slim but a possibility
    Assuming they win tomorrow .......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

It was mentioned by the spreadsheet guy about the possibility of the Arsenal Southampton game being refixed which has lead to confusion. There is zero chance of that and no real need for it

The united game is a possibility
    Slim but a possibility
    Assuming they win tomorrow .......

He also says Chelsea/Watford (MNF in GW28) could go ahead if Chelsea QF is on Friday 10th

ElTel wrote: »
    He also says Chelsea/Watford (MNF in GW28) could go ahead if Chelsea QF is on Friday 10th

Also think that's unlikely
    United are the main team under pressure due to all the cup games etc etc
    If any game is moved to gw26 it will be the gw28 fixture of united and Southampton and I think that there is only a slim chance of that

I don't think they would have cancelled the Chelsea already (they have) if it could be back on as soon as tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I don't think they would have cancelled the Chelsea already (they have) if it could be back on as soon as tomorrow.

?
    Have Sky said that MNF is a no?

ElTel wrote: »

?
    Have Sky said that MNF is a no?
    No, but FPL have already tweeted that it's off.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Cannot see Jose allowing United to play 3 games in 6 days at a weeks notice with the extent the league situation is in the balance. It makes more sense to overload the schedule later in the season when there is either everything to play for or nothing to play for.

• Advertisement

Markx wrote: »
    Cannot see Jose allowing United to play 3 games in 6 days at a weeks notice with the extent the league situation is in the balance. It makes more sense to overload the schedule later in the season when there is either everything to play for or nothing to play for.
    Do the clubs get to decide when these things are rescheduled?

Markx wrote: »
    Jose was not happy united had to play Liverpool away on a Monday night just 3 days before a Europa game followed by Chelsea on the Sunday
    But it happened all the same ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭siblers

If Arsenal beat Sutton, will they have two blanks and will the same apply to Spurs. Everyone selling Sanchez is starting to worry me as I was going to keep him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

siblers wrote: »
    If Arsenal beat Sutton, will they have two blanks and will the same apply to Spurs. Everyone selling Sanchez is starting to worry me as I was going to keep him

Sanchez is the top scoring player in the game - it's certainly not madness to be keeping him. I'm keeping him myself. No worries about having to get him back in later on so can concentrate on the rest of my squad. There's no one right way to play this game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Do the clubs get to decide when these things are rescheduled?

I have no idea about that for a fact but I've always had the impression that clubs have to agree to a rescheduling. After a bit of searching I see the EFL has an actual protocol on rescheduling but I see no such thing for the PL. I certainly don't think the PL would dictate the new date because if that were the case there would be all kinds of moaning from managers that the new date favours one of the teams.

• Advertisement
Advertisement