Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DGW and Blank gw planning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Shedite27 wrote: »
    So wait, is this a good or bad draw?

Or just mean that we've a lot of work to do?

Good draw for DGWs and for those who will be prepared for the blank GW.

Good draw if you're still holding a wildcard especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Would gw29 be a good week for the wildcard? You can put your team back together with the big-hitters, most of whom will have doubles coming up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Would gw29 be a good week for the wildcard? You can put your team back together with the big-hitters, most of whom will have doubles coming up.

Looks like it, although maybe worth leaving it another week.

Most of the GW28 teams also have very good fixtures for GW29.
    Everton have Hull at home, West Ham have Leicester at home, Bournemouth have Swansea at home (Swansea away to Bournemouth)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

This Is where we come into our own now !
    Could do with another WC though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I think I need to lie down....

.... because I've got DGW fever :cool:

• Advertisement

Ye if city arsenal or utd make the sf. A dgw will have to take place outside gw 34 or 37. So we should definetly have 3 gws that will have a dgw in them now.

Actually if any of those 3 teams make the Cup SF and their European Semi then a Treble gameweek becomes a real possibility.

There are NO midweek slots after 34 with no European matches.

FHFC wrote: »
    Actually if any of those 3 teams make the Cup SF and their European Semi then a Treble gameweek becomes a real possibility.

latest?cb=20140712005448

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

FHFC wrote: »

Let's hope Arsenal can surprise Bayern.
    The thoughts of triple captaining Sanchez (who would probably start all 3 games) for a triple gameweek....

7 blanks now pretty high chance based on bookies odds....

407915.jpg

Good article on Scout about the blanks

• Advertisement

Good article on Scout about the blanks

Think it's by Ben Crellin the spreadsheet guy. Aka Busts alter ego....

Yeah, I thought the odds and spreadsheet were his work. He's gone mainstream.

• Yeah, I thought the odds and spreadsheet were his work. He's gone mainstream.

Mainstream ?

Well if he has sold out then he isn't hip anymore so I'm out. Fùckin shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

So, the highest scoring striker who is guaranteed to have no blanks is Romelu...oh b*****ks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Benimar wrote: »
    So, the highest scoring striker who is guaranteed to have no blanks is Romelu...oh b*****ks!!

He'll probably score more in the one game in the blank gwk than he did when we all triple captained him last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Just had a look - yup that looks to be the best week to maximise your Wildcard - survive with as many players on the pitch as possible up to then, and then look for players with DGW's.

Just had a look at the calender - GW29 is also the week Mrs.Shedite is due twins. Gonna be a busy week!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Just had a look - yup that looks to be the best week to maximise your Wildcard - survive with as many players on the pitch as possible up to then, and then look for players with DGW's.

Just had a look at the calender - GW29 is also the week Mrs.Shedite is due twins. Gonna be a busy week!

Good luck with all that....double double GW planning :-)

• Am I right in thinking the only teams not playing GW 26 are -

United, Southampton, City and Arsenal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Am I right in thinking the only teams not playing GW 26 are -

Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Who's the father? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Am I right in thinking the only teams not playing GW 26 are -

Just looked at my team there,

I could field an XI without making subs and have 11 starters. Interesting.

Some Bench in Sanchez/De Gea/Ibra tho :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Id only have sanch and Ibra on the bench myself. Gw26 is easy

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

A rough calculation would suggest that it was a "waiting on fpl to go live" conception :)

Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Rikand wrote: »
    \It's the possibility of having both on the bench for 2 weeks out of 3 that's the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

\It's the possibility of having both on the bench for 2 weeks out of 3 that's the problem.

It's not so bad for 28 becasue with the exception of Lukaku theres nobody to spend the cash on. So if you can make it through 26 it's not such a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Wench bonus being used!;)

Best wishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Rikand wrote: »

Same situation.
    Would only lose 0.1 on Ibra if I transferred him out for say Costa. Probably transfer him back in the next week. Would lose too much to transfer out Sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Is anyone going to try and field 11 players for GW 28?
    Or is it worth it considering a few may well score only 1 or 2 points?
    I currently have jaku.
    Coleman and brunt in defence.
    Stan, siggy, Phillips
    And lukaku and Carroll up top.
    With the exception of Stan and less so Philips them players have served me well and most will be kept after GW 28.
    I still have wildcard to use will keep to set up team for dgw

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    I currently have jaku.
    Stan, siggy, Phillips
    With the exception of Stan and less so Philips them players have served me well and most will be kept after GW 28.

If you can get to eleven and still have a wildcard it may work well for you.

• Advertisement

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    I currently have jaku.
    Stan, siggy, Phillips

Unless I need to use it sooner I'll be keeping my WC to set up for the DGWs. Was considering the option of playing it GW29 or 30 and going all out for a strong BGW28 team. But not going that way now for a few reasons...
    1) with the very very small number of teams with fixtures not looking very likely to increase much there is nothing in the way of prime fixtures that look potentially high scoring FPL wise. The potential points difference in fielding 8 or 9 vs 11 doesn't look huge. Whereas if a couple of top 6 sides a had good fixtures you could treble up and have a strong 11 then fix it next week.
    2) we learned, or at least I did, last season that a WC for a DGW BB is most effective left till as close as possible to the DGW. Too much can change if you try to pick you DGW37 preferred team in GW29 or 30. Even picking a DGW34 team in GW29 I bet it would look very different if picked in GW33. Especially when in those later weeks what each team has to play for can change very quickly.
    3) Picking a WC team geared toward distant DGWs by nature requires planning the transfers in between quite rigidly. Even if there are more DGW players from top 4 sides to choose from this year it will at least limit who you being in GW29-34 quite a bit, potentially costing points in that period if a form SGW player has to be overlooked.

So given the disadvantage of playing a WC to far before the DGW and the low looking scoring potential in GW28 as per reason 1 I'll be happy with anything over 8 for 28 as well as a decent Captain. I've tried in the past to make gains in a BGW scenario but it's never worked, and it looks even less likely to work this season.

Advertisement